TOYS

Guest bigdork

Guest bigdork

Ive seen them come and go over the years, and in my yards, most quit, some get better and follow the rules, and others are a thorn in your side for years. Ive lost dozens of pieces, by just trying to teach kids about the rules and letting them know that me and my crew started painting this yard first, so please respect what we say, then you see "you aint shit" or "papa,what you write" through your piece. Anyway, what are some of your expirences and solutions with toys in your yards?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

just move. i lost about two spots to toys over the last few years. im to old and to busy to post up in yard with bats, some of my homies and wait for toys. i know where your comin from though, being the first person to paint somewhere and now lots of kids go there. even though i've long since found other spots. its just something you have to live with i guess.

Guest bigdork

nah man ill never move, its weird some years we will have no one but us painting, then other times here comes 2 kids who heat up shit for a couple a months, then its chill again, then here comes some other ones who thinks its cool for a minute, all part of the game i guess, i could have it much much worse.

yeah, so i met this one kid in walmart the other day buying paint, he told me he was and all, and hes one of those toy writters who happens to leave their empties in the yard...so i gave him a lecture on how it fucks up the scene, then he goes and tell me that he was yelled at by the workers (who i know personally) and some cops rolled up on him, that pissed me off, and i was about to tell him how some kids from outta town wanted to give him a beat down, but i passed on that since im just too nice a guy....what really got me about him was the way he dressed, dont know if he was trying to be a raver or what but i figured that was just his way of being different...i used to dress like that too, but damn, when i was 16 i said fuck that and started dressing a bit better and shit...this kid is 18 dressing like hes 13 and shit...its cool to get up and shit, i could care less if hes putting wack shit on freights since most writers including myself would probably just go over it, ive already wrote some choice comments around his pieces with a streak, and i know if i didnt have a boxcar to paint and his was the only one to paint, im going over it.... blah blah blah, im going to the yard today to take flicks, and socialize with workers maybe...that kid just better wisin up..(cue sound of cracking knuckles)

i am a toy. i admit it. and when i was told that a particular yard was "held down" by such and such crew that was the first to start painting in there i knew one thing was for certain... i would never go back there again untill i was readdy to display my handle, my moniker, my nom de plume with the pride and respect it deserves.

to satisfy my urge i drove around and found a new yard that was miles away from the other yard... turns out that yard is held down by some rough dudes (gold fronts and stuff, i think it was that castrati guy) i swore he was gonna jump me so i just ran. i believe that there is too much pollitics with trains and i dont want to get a beat down for somthing so stupid. so im just gonna blaze fatties with my homeboyz and paint burners in my moms's shed on some plywood she bought for me.

Socks, if you're serious, you get props from a whole lot of established writers for your attitude. If you can get good on walls with some practice - and I don't mean FX prodo good, I mean just some reasonably respectable styles - you would be just the kind of person established heads would be happy to bring up, show around, take to spots, and maybe put down with a crew (barring various personality issues on either side, of course). If all toys had the same attitude and approach, the freight scene would be chiller and a lot of wackness would be absent from the steel.

Toys aren't "barred" from yards forever. If they would just be patient and pay their dues for a year or so on walls, it would be much easier on everybody.

Every reasonably mature, experienced head I know would much rather bring up a toy with a good attitude than beat up a toy with a bad attitude.

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Socks, if you're serious, you get props from a whole lot of established writers for your attitude. If you can get good on walls with some practice - and I don't mean FX prodo good, I mean just some reasonably respectable styles - you would be just the kind of person established heads would be happy to bring up, show around, take to spots, and maybe put down with a crew (barring various personality issues on either side, of course). If all toys had the same attitude and approach, the freight scene would be chiller and a lot of wackness would be absent from the steel.

Toys aren't "barred" from yards forever. If they would just be patient and pay their dues for a year or so on walls, it would be much easier on everybody.

Every reasonably mature, experienced head I know would much rather bring up a toy with a good attitude than beat up a toy with a bad attitude.

Last couple of lines are very true!! Good post all in all but very good ending! Use common sense kids!:)

My own experience has been going on for a while now....

Some local dude who doesn't paint much has some how found a few lay-ups around town. I'd say about every month or two he must get an urge to go paint. He goes to these spots and just does dumb shit. He turns around and tests his paint on the loading dock, tags and bombs stuff in the area and last week he did a piece on a building where they park trains sometimes.

A few people have told him to not do that shit but he continues. I don't believe in dissing freights. Pretty much the damage he does do is done right when he does it. We could buff the stuff but it doesn't take much to guess that someone did paint there.

just some thoughts....Socks email me....

Guest jeff123456

JUST FUCKING REMEMBER THAT ALL OF YOU WERE ONCE TOYS.. ALTHOUGH MOST OF U PRETEND THAT U WERE NEVER...

JUST HELP TOYS AND TEACH THEM WHAT THEY NEED TO GET GOOD...

Originally posted by jeff123456

JUST FUCKING REMEMBER THAT ALL OF YOU WERE ONCE TOYS.. ALTHOUGH MOST OF U PRETEND THAT U WERE NEVER...

now your attitude is the one i hate most. a toy on an ego trip...writing isn't making you a thug buddy and hidin behind that keyboard actin like you're hard isn't working either...remeber what we said about blink? consider it.

while i was benching yesterday, i saw some shit that the one kid i was talking about in the earlier reply did...wack of course, but thats not what bothered me...it turns out that he painted hollows over old streaks on multiple cars...that bothers me...im going to have to have a talk with this kid next time i see him...

Originally posted by jeff123456

now your attitude is the one i hate most. a toy on an ego trip...writing isn't making you a thug buddy and hidin behind that keyboard actin like you're hard isn't working either...remeber what we said about blink? consider it

Guest Sevs210

I still consider myself toy.. can do simples. throwies, and have a nice handstyle...

I have been street bombing for about 7 months, and have some fame..

I paint my first train a week or so ago. I did a simple and a few hand next to it. The next day I went to flick it, but a more established fr8 crew wrote over it

"Stick to the walls, street rat"

I didnt write over them, cuz Iam not stupid... Just wondering why you guys get your pantys in a bunch over street bombers...

Originally posted by Sevs210

Just wondering why you guys get your pantys in a bunch over street bombers...

because you suck and you ruin the trains with ugly simples and we want to do quality work on em..........or they were just pissed that you were in their yard

toys come and go

Im saying - i do my thing...Leave me the fuck alone...if there are toys paintin in my spots...LET EM BE!!! IF they diss my shit? then there will be problems..but if they tryin to do there thing ...let em..on the real...if youra toy - and u know that ur a toy - then dont diss better artists shit...werd up..

peace

Re: toys come and go

Originally posted by SpunkyTheKat

Im saying - i do my thing...Leave me the fuck alone...if there are toys paintin in my spots...LET EM BE!!! IF they diss my shit? then there will be problems..but if they tryin to do there thing ...let em..on the real...if youra toy - and u know that ur a toy - then dont diss better artists shit...werd up..

peace

as much as i get hated on, even in my own circle of friends, this guy has a point i can somewhat agree with. a good point too is how someone else said how you have been painting at a spot and then people come and heat it up for a couple of months and then they fade out and its chill again, and the cycle happens like that about every year. i can remember being that toy painting freights for the fourth or fifth time. writing on the crossties with silver paint, leaving empties where i stood, etc. i remember getting screamed on in the layup by a older experienced writer for it to. and feeling so stupid that he 'convinced' us to go paint over it with some leather brown rusto we just happened to have. years later it would be kind of arrogant for me to pretend like i was never there..i know i was. but these are all pretty compelling arguments.

Originally posted by Sevs210

I still consider myself toy.. can do simples. throwies, and have a nice handstyle...

I have been street bombing for about 7 months, and have some fame..

I paint my first train a week or so ago. I did a simple and a few hand next to it. The next day I went to flick it, but a more established fr8 crew wrote over it

"Stick to the walls, street rat"

I didnt write over them, cuz Iam not stupid... Just wondering why you guys get your pantys in a bunch over street bombers...

It may have nothing to do with your style. You mention an "established" freight crew. They have been hitting the spot you hit for a long time, presumably. They know how and where to hit it, and how and where NOT to hit it. I had some toys in my yard one time. They had already bombed on untouched stationary surfaces in the yard, so they were going to get lined just for that no matter what. They bombed entire lines of cars - again, that alone attracts attention, and I would have lined them just for that. But even if they hadn't done those things, I STILL would have lined them for WHERE and HOW they hit the spot: right out in the open, in the day, easily seen from a bridge, the yard office, and any engine that pulled far enough forward. They risked heat at the spot NEEDLESSLY - because there's a whole section of the spot that is very hard to see people in from any direction, and that's where to get busy if you're going to risk daytime action. So they don't know what they're doing, and we'll run their shit at the spot just for that.

Tempers are short these days. I can't say why they dissed you - maybe the above reasons, maybe they know who you are and have other problems with you, or maybe they're just tired of a wave of newjacks jumping on the freight bandwagon and attracting attention to their spots. They may also disagree with your own opinion of your style, that happens a lot with toys who think they're OK when they're not.

Whatever the case, if you can check your ego a little bit, just do what they recommended for a year - stick to walls. Work on your style. The trains will be there next year, and you'll save yourself the embarassment of seeing your old, wack shit rolling later. (You WILL think of it like that a year from now - I know the feeling.) The biggest payoff is this: if you ARE willing to take their advice for a year (90% of toys do not, preferring to act all hard and fight it out), they will respect you for that, and may get interested in painting with you once your style firms up.

Allright, I know I was tres toy once, and probably still am since I paint not alot, but I when I do I follow the rules to the extreme sometimes, but what I was wondering was the following: what exactly do you mean hit the walls, plywood for six months. Is there some kind of measurement, like you have to be bigger than this to hit the trains. I would say good shit around here is about a one to one ratio with wack, real wack outlines and tagging. Let's face it, trains are everywhere, but real life writers are strictly big city, big yard kids. And maybe not at the start, but eventually. They have exposure at the very least, some kid in the sticks may have great ideas and come off wack at the start, and sure he's gonna hit the whole line at first, but who's he hurting (assuming it's not some big city kids weekend layup, but let's face it, still the chances of that person catching heat are still quite slim). Well, I guess I'm just unburdening myself of some guilt. On another note, you have kids who follow the footsteps of others, some king tells them their formula, or they read it on the net, and they look up to the city yard, assume they can pull shit off, and go out and do it. Whose fault is that? Anyhow I'm rambling, I'll try to get back to this later on if anyone's looking for clarification.

Originally posted by 23578

what exactly do you mean hit the walls, plywood for six months.

hit the walls and plywood for practice....alot of dedicated freight writers only like top quality work on freights...i could personally care less...if i see something extremely wack, its primer for what im going to do...

Guest rolldafukout

in my life of painting fr8s toys around here pretty much knew not to fuck around, most of them where affraid of yards anyhow(it's to quiet in there) but my one homey dont fuck around at all, "PAINT CHECK HOMEY" is what he likes to call it..toys beware in the 02!

toys are toys.....busters are busters.....bitches are bitches......botton line if your on it u will be checked hard no talk...no warning......just me jumpin out catchen wreck leaving you in your under roo's and then take your paint out of your bag while stompin on your head spray painting a new coat clothes for you to walk on out the yard losed tooth and bruzied....ah u lose.. so come in and enjoy my gun>>riffle 30 odd 6..

I roll alone alot of the time so whaaaaaaattt up getin up shootin up..

Guest BROWNer

wow, this previous post brings up another part of the game.

tough guys. or 'wannabe' tough guys. i don't know you, so

i wouldn't know, but let me say homey, talking like that over

the net is pretty gosh darn tough.

this to me is almost worse than toys. megalomaniacal writers,

or writers that think they can just run any and all yards in

a said area, regardless of your skills, history and whathaveyou.

its really unfortunate in some cases, especially when the

inconvenience of another yard is too large.

and even more unfortunate when it gets violent.

Originally posted by BROWNer

wow, this previous post brings up another part of the game.

tough guys. or 'wannabe' tough guys. i don't know you, so

i wouldn't know, but let me say homey, talking like that over

the net is pretty gosh darn tough.

this to me is almost worse than toys. megalomaniacal writers,

or writers that think they can just run any and all yards in

a said area, regardless of your skills, history and whathaveyou.

its really unfortunate in some cases, especially when the

inconvenience of another yard is too large.

and even more unfortunate when it gets violent.

WOW PEOPLE LIKE YOU BRING OUT ANOTHER PART OUT OF THIS GAME. POST WAS A JOKE....THAT WAS MY THE TOUGH GUY ATTITUDE.

U TAKE THIS POSTING TO SERIOUS AND NOW YOUR THE IDIOT TRYING TO LABEL SOME1 U DONT KNOW. I HANDLE MINE..

vIOLENT SO NOW YOUR TRYING TO START BEEF ON THE INTERNET WITH SOME1 U DONT KNOW...AND BASICALLY TALKING SHIT.. FOR NO REASON DID I SAY ANYTHING TO U??no DID I ASK U FOR YOUR OPINION??NO...SO GET THE FUCK OFF MY NUTS..TOY..U ARE A TOY HANDLE IT TOY...HEY TOY..U R A TOY..TOY...TOY TOY BATTERY OPPERATED TOY.....QUOTES FROM A UNDERGROUND SONG..TOY

I ROLL ALONE ALOT SO WHAAAAAAAAT UP SHOOTIM UP GETTIM UP WHAAAAAAAT UP

Guest BROWNer

heh...ouch.

geez man, sorry to put you over the top.

if you get that pissed off over somebody insinuated

you're tough(by the way, congrats on the high level of cryptic-ness of that

joke), then i'd hate to be the guy that crosses

you out....you're scaring me bro.

regardless, i think it was worth bringing up.

if it wasn't, so what.

Archived