Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Toys post here...

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by swif1, Apr 2, 2002.

1. citronellaforalgernon

citronellaforalgernon New Jack

Look dude, if you can’t take a bit of constructive criticism, you picked the wrong culture to get involved with. We’re trying to help you. I don’t know where your from, but the streets can get real as fuck, and if you’re going to cry and defend your garbage tag and put yourself above anyone already, just quit. Graff is going to be nothing but stress for you and you’ll never progress. You’re posting in a toy thread, you obviously know you’re not good, so get your head out of your ass and start simple. Straight letters back to back to back. And i don’t know if there are any heads writing LIFE that have a huge name, but trust me, it’s unoriginal. Almost every city I’ve been to I’ve seen some toy tagging life with a sharpie. Just do yourself a favor and come up with something else. That letter set up is garbage anyways.

ill.texas.zane and Decyferon like this.
  2. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

I think if you back on this thread to about 2007 then you'll see a shit ton of simple straight letters I did over and over to progress. It is the best way of doing it.

3. citronellaforalgernon

citronellaforalgernon New Jack

Same man, i actually did that the other day. I definitely made a lot of progress in my letter structure, but i definitely have a long way to go. Used to try to do all kinds of crazy unnecessary shit with my pieces and nowadays my style is super simple, but i feel like it looks alright and has a little flavor.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  4. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

I've got all my blackbooks so quite often look back at that sort of time period just to see how I've improved and also to rework letters from back then

5. LifeISE

LifeISE New Jack

I’m in Detroit & you’re right the streets are real as fuck i know a big ego/not taking good criticism will get me nowhere. I came here because I know I have no skills. Never meant to come off as if I was crying over the criticism, although I did get a tad defensive over my tag because i believe this shit is an art, & when someone tells you the art you’ve been working avidly on sucks it’s a little diminishing. I was simply trying to iterate why I felt my tag was decent. I understand the whole originality aspect of the name I write & knew it had been written long before I ever even picked up a crayon. Reason i chose it is because of what it means to me & I like the way other people can choose to perceive it. Obviously the name & style just isn’t acceptable so I’m gonna write every variation of words I can think of in straight letters until I see some consistency & progress. Hopefully I can ultimately get something that I’m happy with & others think is kinda fly. I appreciate the feedback & advice you’ve given a lot. You could’ve just called me a toy & told my ass to stop writing because I’m an embarrassment but instead you kept it real (which was a tad harsh, but the truth) showing me where I’m slacking & humbly admitting you once walked the same steps.
    I’ll be back on here in a while with some new material to see what I still need improvement on but until then just know I’m having a great time learning this shit, & don’t know where my mind would be without it.
    Much love,
    - Life ;)

6. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

I don’t dislike the word, nothing wrong with that. Just not a fan of the way you were writing it. Time and practice, time and practice.

LifeISE likes this.
  7. Decyferon

Decyferon Moderator Crew

You won't get crits in the sketch thread as that's for established writers so you shouldn't really need crits unless you specifically ask for it

8. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

+1

Your work belongs in the sketch thread

9. ill.texas.zane

ill.texas.zane New Jack

What markers do you use for pieces like these? I like the colors, man.

10. shaolean13

shaolean13 Junior Member

11. shaolean13

shaolean13 Junior Member

12. AECS613

AECS613 New Jack

keep at it and lose the damn arrows looks ridiculous

13. DyS$kysE

DyS$kysE Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah i feel you looking at it now it does kinda look ridiculous everytime i do graffiti its flooded with arrows im gonna have to find a new style to practice with i think i have a couple straight letters sketches i will post those when i charge my phone and stuff and i think i got a couple of more advanced letters without arrows i will post those too im gonna start doing more simples as well as advanced letters

14. msk_gz

msk_gz New Jack

i like that handstyle

15. msk_gz

msk_gz New Jack

in my city we call this crap