Toys For Techs

RumPuncher

an open call for gadjets and gizmos that tech friendly people are into.

let me start it off with this new toy I ordered (yes.. online) this afternoon.

L61-3564-main.jpg

I just got a computer at home, but no internet, so I found myself burning

a cd every night with things to take home from work. So that made me look

at getting a USB jump drive. Well this one is 256MB AND it's an mp3 player.

Yes I know everyone should have an ipod.... but for $90 you cant go wrong.

atari1t.jpg

^ all the classic atari games in a controller that plugs directly into the TV.

Sure the games arent great, and you can get them all as free roms,

but having that classic controller sitting on your coffee table is sure to impress.

well maybe not the girls.... but it will impress your nerd friends.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

OLED monitors!

200501040025_01.jpg

Competition is heating up as companies accelerate their moves to develop the next generation of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays.

OLED display responses are 1,000 times faster than liquid crystal displays (LCDs), thus enabling greater resolution. The display's ability to function perfectly without a backlight means that monitors can be produced with one-third the depth of their LCD rivals.

Samsung Electronics unveiled the world’s largest 21-inch organic light emitting diode (OLED) display, using active matrix-based (AM) technology on Tuesday./Yonhap

Samsung Electronics announced Tuesday that it has developed the world's largest active matrix-based (AM) OLED display panel for digital televisions. Souk Jun-hyung, senior vice president of the LCD research and development center, said that the 21-inch OLED display features the highest resolution at 6.22 million pixels.

Last October, LG Philips LDC developed a 20.1-inch OLED television in conjunction with LG Electronics, and last May, Samsung SDI released its own 17-inch OLED product. The two companies adopted low temperature poly-silicon (LTPS) for their products to ensure they have longer life spans and higher resolution.

At present, OLED displays are largely restricted to mobile phone use, but it is likely that large OLED-paneled televisions will replace PDP and LCD TVs in a few years.

According to a survey by Display Search, the global OLED market is expected to grow in scale from US$330 million (W343.8 billion) last year to $830 million in 2005 and $2.2 billion by 2008.

(Kim Ki-hong, darma90@chosun.com )

key, homie, you live in the city. get a wireless network card for your computer and rack internet service. no excuses.

secondly, $90? i've seen 512mb memory sticks for like $30-40. they dont play music, but music is gay. however, if you want music, ipod is coming out with flash based ipods next week. 1 and 2 gig models starting at $149.

not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to put you on.

Guest imported_b0b

http://www.gizmodo.com is ok too. Both Engadget & Gizmodo have RSS feeds, so stick them in your RSS reader and get the updates throught the day

I rock this ethernet loopback jack for work and this little remote controlled camera looks great fun plu sit can be controlled over the internet.. Lastly this usb caupwarmer keeps my beverages hot whilst away from my desk.

a USB cup warm..

thats some star trek shit.

Orange.. a rather large french/english cellphone service provider ..did a project a year or so back involving wearable lcds (located as 2"x2" screens on shirts and jackets) which.. displayed sms animated graphics... it was pretty simple.. but funny..because recently NOKIA also presented a similar idea..although this time it was fashioned as jewelry.. (necklaces and cellphone charms) which would download images and so forth.

not that i would be interested in buying any of it.. i still think its a quirky novelty...that i thought id mention.

plusdeck2.jpg

The PlusDeck 2 is a full-logic cassette deck for your PC. Use it to archive your old cassette tapes of 80s hair bands into digital media files for playback on your PC. Or better yet, archive your favorite audio files or streams onto cassette - perfect for playback in your '78 Midget that is still not sporting an in-dash CD player. (Those of you still in the 8-track days will have to keep waiting for a PC-friendly solution I'm afraid...)

Myself, I see the PlusDeck as the ultimate in retro-cool PC mods. Add a CoolerMaster Musketeer for the analog gauges, and you've got some nice old-school sweetness in your modern day gaming rig.

PlusDeck 2 PC Cassette Deck

# Records sounds, MP3 files, and internet streaming audio from PC onto Tape

# Hi quality record/playback as Hi-Fi audio

# Convert cassette tapes to into MP3 files

# Full-logic controls

# Dub voice with mic on Tape.

# Tape Speed 4.75cm/sec

# Wow & Flutter 0.09%(WRMS)

# Frequency Response 30~18,000Hz

# Separation 40dB

# Signal-to-Noise Ratio 55dB

# Fits in open 5.25" drive bay

# Included recording software requires Win95/98/ME/XP

# Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year

• 3 weeks later...

the new segway centaur

main_centaur.jpg

Concept Centaur combines proprietary dynamic stabilization technology with advanced propulsion and suspension systems, and an intuitive user interface to create a unique four-wheel device that is easily controllable on two or four wheels. Its full suspension and aggressive rider positioning provide an exhilarating ride for one or two people while maintaining control over a variety of terrain. Its rugged performance, zero emissions, and quiet operation make it a good low-impact way to explore the world. Its power and versatility make it suitable for a variety of indoor and outdoor recreational and commercial applications.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Jan 11 2005, 03:25 PM

plusdeck2.jpg

The PlusDeck 2 is a full-logic cassette deck for your PC. Use it to archive your old cassette tapes of 80s hair bands into digital media files for playback on your PC. Or better yet, archive your favorite audio files or streams onto cassette - perfect for playback in your '78 Midget that is still not sporting an in-dash CD player. (Those of you still in the 8-track days will have to keep waiting for a PC-friendly solution I'm afraid...)

Myself, I see the PlusDeck as the ultimate in retro-cool PC mods. Add a CoolerMaster Musketeer for the analog gauges, and you've got some nice old-school sweetness in your modern day gaming rig.

PlusDeck 2 PC Cassette Deck

# Records sounds, MP3 files, and internet streaming audio from PC onto Tape

# Hi quality record/playback as Hi-Fi audio

# Convert cassette tapes to into MP3 files

# Full-logic controls

# Dub voice with mic on Tape.

# Tape Speed 4.75cm/sec

# Wow & Flutter 0.09%(WRMS)

# Frequency Response 30~18,000Hz

# Separation 40dB

# Signal-to-Noise Ratio 55dB

# Fits in open 5.25" drive bay