Toy story

Cracked Ass

Here's a sad but true tale of the kind of idiots that have sprung up in the freight scene: big ego, no brain, no knowledge of trains.

Once upon a time there was an established writer, let's call him Azog, in an established crew. He lived and painted in Eastville. One of his layups, which he crushed DL on the regular, used to get some repeat cars, a lot of BNSFs in the same series. He'd see his own stuff come back occasionally even though Eastville was far from BNSF territory. Azog did some research and found that the cars were in some sort of lease or regular route arrangement. They would always be loaded in Loadville, about 2000 miles from Eastville, and get shipped to just one of four customers. The other customers were in Northburg, Southside, and Westvale, all pretty far from Azog's little spot. The cars, whether they went to Eastville, Westvale, Northburg, or Southside, always returned empty to Loadville for another load.

Azog crushed his layup pretty hard for several years, logging a couple dozen of these BNSFs. Anybody from Loadville, or along any of the four routes to the distant customers, would have seen his trains pretty regularly as time went on, since they stayed in this four-way route the whole time. Azog once arrived at his layup and was mildly irritated to find that he was already on three of the four cars there. On the other hand, that meant he was pretty up on that route, so whatever.

Enter Toyjack, a clown from Northburg who doesn't know trains too well. He began painting his layup in Northburg, probably just long enough to get possessive of the spot. One day Toyjack saw so many Azog trains at his spot that he thought Azog had to be from Northburg, and was painting his spot. Having jumped to this conclusion, and unaware that Azog was running Toyjack's layup from his own, thousands of miles away, Toyjack took out an Azog panel, writing STAY OUT! next to his piece.

This train came back to Eastville not long after. Azog, rightfully pissed that Toyjack had jumped to conclusions (which is kind of funny, if it weren't so sad), used Toyjack's piece for a fill, took back his panel, and wrote a few words to Toyjack about rash behavior.

The car was still on its regular four-way route, so it found its way back to Northburg. Toyjack saw the reclaimed panel, ragged it without thinking, and has begun ragging everything by Azog's crew. Toyjack, aside from not having much style, now has a lot of enemies - all because he was too ignorant of the freight system to understand what was up, that an established writer from far away could have that many trains in his spot.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest rob deer

that hurts. at the very least, azog should feel somewhat warm that some toy saw so much of them that they thought they might be living close by. kind of like if the cops were like "I know you're in kaper crew but what do you write?" I would say that toyjack probably read way too much of 12 oz "how to keep your spot chill" and at the same time didn't do his homework on who he was dealing with. it's too bad azog couldn't rep eastville on some of their fr8s. I say save up and go to northville and do throwups all the way around the building, or steal lots of beer out of the cars. (just a guess) I know you have the address, therefore ruining his chances of getting back to the spot.

there's also plenty of ads in the back of soldier of fortune...

...hey...i write AZOG...you got beef?...

...toys can be sooo fucking stupid...and why is it that every freight painter i meet has the biggest fuckin head...all they do is brag about how many numbers they have and how everybody is biting them...i hope toyjack learns his lesson...

But how did Azog know that Toyjack wasn't getting up in Eastville? Unless Toyjack was repping Northburg...It sucks that Azog is doing his own thing, and some fuck up is screwing things up for Azog. I guess Azog could avoid painting his Eastville BNSF pooled spot, or hit other cars there that are not pooled out. Maybe hit something that will roll on a different route, so when Toyjack goes to 12oz he'll see Azog freights flicked up from somewhere else...Then again, Azog shouldn't change up his operations b/c of some Northburg Fuck up.

Originally posted by Bosco

But how did Azog know that Toyjack wasn't getting up in Eastville?

Well not to brag but Azog knows the ins and outs of Eastville, and just about every spot in a fifty mile radius, and Toyjack is definitely not from Eastville. To be fair, Azog has made some educated guesses, but he actually doesn't know whether Toyjack is from Northburg, Southside, or Westvale. There's even a chance he's from Loadville itself. That rules out the efficacy of a road trip.

Only those few dozen freights are at risk of idiocy, Azog is not that worried. He has hundreds of trains that won't go through those towns. The pooled cars were less than half of the Eastville layup's consist. Also, he never saw a Toyjack piece except the one over his panel, and a few disses, so Toyjack isn't even that up on his own lines. The main point of the story is to illustrate the lack of knowledge shown by some of these "add water and stir" freight heads that Zed named.

Guest rob deer

I kinda wish that, (unless this story was totally fictional to illustrate an issue that will arise in the future,) you'd quit fronting on the real 'handle' of toyjack and someone would be able to tell you the deal. I suppose singling him or her out might blow you and your spot's cover though huh. but if you really want closure...nerd's know, nerd's know, nah meen?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived