tournetabletas

Flubug Starski

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The bike thread was making me feel inadequate, so I started this turntable one.

fwashhh...

Right now I've only got one 12. I've been trying to save money for a second one, but it just never seems to happen. I swore I had the funds this summer, but have ended up needing to funnel that money into my rent. My mixer is a Stanton SK-500, which is actually half decent since it only cost me 250 Canadian.

i saw craze about 2years ago and he rippt shit hard...but

he's the only one i've seen get down with it....i was real into that

stuff a few years ago, then i got burnt out on it......

i want to see somebody do some real fucked up abstract

odd time signature switch up juggles..like jazz juggles or somethin'...its too anchored in hiphop for my liking, i think it could really be taken way, way

out there if the whole library of sounds that everyone uses

was dropped for awhile.

what do i know though?

i mean, they've got the whole history of recorded sound at

their disposal.....

the disk album was pretty dope...

i'm more a fiend for christian marclay, martin tetreault, philip jeck and

otomo yoshihide's stuff personally....................some of these dudes actually play the turntable itself......

f 1200's!

i got my gemini xl bd10 that i cant juggle with and my g-ma's old sanyo turntable. with my gemini "skratch master" pmx-16, 2 crates. 1 with my hip hop stuff. and another one with miscelanious (sp?) records....from WHAM! to bird sounds. to bill cosby...to billy joel. but i do have M-447's! best needles! yes...

negros is ill with the tables. i think that kid phase-one? maybe from toronto is gonna make some ill stuff. i saw him at the toronto eilm. i think he was like 15 and had a nice clean juggle. alsooooo the goonies kid rockaton has dope juggles..as always the xmen, even though they do the same ones over and over they are allowed too..craze is good but i cant listen to him for more then 20 seconds, i have the best juggles in the world, spryte one has the nice complex juggles...percus or however its spelled always does ill shit with tones...gambit is funky fresh who else..theres so many good kids..that one kid mmmmmm i cant remember his name hes in the platter pirate video in the technicans part...yea those guys are good.

Live shows are fuckin awesome for picking up music. They are my wet dream. I'm going to check out Swollen and Moka tonight, and hopefully I'll come away with a ton of vinyl that I don't have the money for. Breakestra was a good example, the lp's were 20 flat instead of 24.99 plus tax. I realize that it's only a five dollar difference, but I think all djs are inherently cheap/ghetto, and if the possibility is there to get stuff for less, we start drooling like lobotomy ward patients.

Guest khaotic970

i rok 3 1200's and a gemini mixer the one with the sampler

you kno i been at it for like 8 years and im 18 now, and there are alot of kids who dont realize shit as far as a turntablist goes.

anyway, i think most turtablist who put cutting records together have the dopest ideas with the most common cuts and put them together on one album.. the problem is every cutting record has the same aganda that i have found. being a turntablist you cut up and mix shit out of the ordinary..... this is off the subject sorry

I just got my setup all connected.. I got a pair of Gemini PT-1000s, Stanton Craze cartridges, and a Behringer DX100 mixer. The setup works pretty well, for what I am using it for. I just mix and scratch for my own entertainment, with a very random collection of records. Some of my favorites lately have been Mingus, Hancock, DJ Krush, and some sittar records. I have a bunch of 80's records too, those are fun to fuck around with. Admittedly I suck, and the few times I haev played publicly upon request I have titled myself DJ Whogivsafuk!, because I'm just having fun.

IMO a turntablist is someone who uses their skills on a turntable so well that they are using it as an instrument to create original music and sounds. Turntablism is based in hip hop, but is going in several directions.

Z-trip gets me really excited with his unusual mixes.

Originally posted by Chicken George:

alsooooo the goonies kid rockaton has dope juggles..

i go to school with S-handz from the goonies crue, he's the kid that got me into this whole turntablism thing. as i think of it he got me into graf as well....shit do you have rockaton's cd? its nice. its a bunch of different old school songs with some skratch breaks. s-handz was sellin them in school....im a big fan of the goonies. cept s-handz wears the crew shirt everyday...that fucker is long...i think a-trac is good!

I've been djing for 2 years now. I am slowly getting away from scratching and moving into really strange mixing. I am working on a tape. I mix damn near anything in my crates together, it takes me hours ot get stuff to sound right, for example, bob marley and the dawn of the dead sound track. Shit was hard, plus I had to utilize the processor.

------------------

SLAP BRACLETS FOR THE 2K1!

I think I'm turning into a snob. I don't know, honestly, I wasn't really feeling the Swollen show last night. Moka didn't even show, and the openers were wack. When Swollen finally got on it was ok...but the whole vibe was different compared to the last time I saw them. I don't care if they have a video, and publicity, and lots of people know about them...its just that this leads to like 10 fat sweaty white kids moshing when they drop 'Lady Venom'. Like what the fuck. The whole place blew up, like thats the only reason they were there. And they WERE NOT EVEN SELLING VINYL. Fuck. I'm dissappointed. Compared to the last time they were here, the quality level was so different. I think Im just gonna go sit in my basement, and not go to live shows any more. I haven't seen a good one here since Breakestra. Acey/Casual wasn't that good. Pete Rock fucking SUCKED...15 bucks to see him do some really piss poor juggles with breaks people have juggled a 1000 times better...and then him just spinning a 90-94 era hiphop set. Like fuck, with the amount of records he has you think he could pull out some shit. I'm gonna move to Vancouver, where at least if I'm a snob I won't be alone....

Archived