....tortoise show at irving plaza...

mental invalid

...well i guess this is late considering the show was over a week ago...i just started listening to them and the guys from the Sea and Cake...it was an incredible show, a mind blowing experience...true musicians...anyway after the show i check out this one table and i see this dope graf mag...well i tried to srape up the money, but to no avail, spent it all on kettle and cranberry...so some other kid comes up and buys the last one...well, the kat working the table tells me to check out 12oz for more info...small world i tell him, i just started hangin around that site...well the dood goes all the way into the back to see if he can pull one out, but couldnt find anymore...if he checks out the site i just wanted to tell him

good lookin' out and thanks for the effort, i really appreciated it...and to you cyber ghosts at 12oz, good shit teaming up with that show and with other art forms....i hope the mag is available on the site soon...roe

• 5 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...wow...that was fucking trippy...i saw the topic line and thought 'NO WAY THEY JUST PLAYED IRVING PLAZA AGAIN!'...ah, hello, earth to roe, its your topic!...to early, anyway my boy is this crazy jazz guitar player...he came to the show with me...i can totally here it now rolling into his sound...the other day we were talking about it and he said after he saw the show it was inevitable that he would move towards that direction...both our heads were completely blown off...and you really cant go back to being the same after hearing them, they are one of those bands....wow diggin up the past twinkie...cool memories of that nite....rOe

Guest beardo

hell yeah roe.. glad you caught that show, i saw them in philly about a month ago, and had pretty much the same conversation with the dude from 12oz. the show was definately mind blowing they just need to play longer!!

i need to pick up some tortoise cds. an old roomate had them all, and well, i dont live there anymore.

nice, i have a few friends that have seen them, and loved it.

trust me trying to put you guys onto some other shit.

get CAN or FAUST. its shit from the 70's,but believe me,

its amazing shit, you will thank me later, trust me.

on another note, faust used to get fresh cut grass in huge

bags and throw it in front of huge fans that faced the audience for

effect,

mmm, fresh cut grass.....

Archived