Top 5 Latest Graf Trends

Unregistered

5 - Doing big roller pieces at secluded "piecing" spots.

4 - Incorporating punk rock/heavy metal into pieces by A) doing a piece of a famous heavy metal/punk rock band name B) quoting a punk rock/heavy metal song next to a piece or C) giving productions a punk rock/heavy metal theme.

3 - Painting as many freights as possible while neglecting to make any of them much different from one another.

2 - Patriotic graffiti in support of the American Government's "War on Terrorism."

1 - Changing over to the Reas/AOK style and A) proclaiming a "return to graffiti's basic roots" B) painting pieces on freights with this style or C) posting pictures of these pieces on this message board.

:confused:

Edited Dec. 12 -- Top Trends from #10 - 6:

10 - Doing NYC style fill-ins in a place other than NYC.

9 - Doing graf with fire extinguishers.

8 - Citing 95 - 99 as the "glory days" of recent times and complaining that A) LA B) SF C) NJ D) Miami or E) any other city has since fallen off.

7 - Visiting New York City for the first time and only going to lower or mid-town Manhattan.

6 - Multi-state, similar style freight crews with a name that represents this.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i would have to agree with you on those five points, especially the fr8 thing.... im not to sure about the metal/punk thing i have always kinda done that but thats the music i listen to. i suppose trends can change from place to place, in my case where i come from many toys added "oe" or "h" to their names coming up with retarded names like "goest".. and so on...

i would like to add another trend....."monikers", seems like everyone has got to have one.

5. These people should get gone over with hollows.

4.Well.....AC DC Rules...no question about that.

3. Get better on the walls first.

2. I tried a little slogan, just to see if it would help it run a bit longer..didn't even work...don't beleive the hype.

1. And even still, most of them can't even do it right.

I quit writing anyhow....now I am mastering Photoshop and internet message boards.

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by cleansheets

I quit writing anyhow....now I am mastering Photoshop and internet message boards.

...are you joking or serious? i cant tell.

1. FREIGHTS

2. softer more fun letters/classic styles too

3. glass burns

4. german paint

5. emo looking writers, la style, old paint, makeshift patroits, whole car auto racks, cheap internet fame, hawaii(hhahah)

to add some fun

trends six months ago

stock caps

freights

transend style

fire estinguishers

writers doning courier sacks

canada(hahaha)

5) animal/enviro-friendly paint, tofu scented

4) stock-cap 3D legal pieces, with anti-internet themes

3) old school skateboard graphics painted on freights(that mike mcgill skull

burner was rad yo)

2) benching videos restricted only to hobo monikers

1) graf writers-turned stock car racers

oh i'm sorry these are the fads in the year 2004

Guest INDEPENDENZA

-replacing its tag or throwup with a logo and signing it with a copyright ©.

-conceptual shit

-trying to be succesful into galleries

-painting over fuckt up textures like os gemeos

-ugly tags

-scandinavian passenger train styles and designy letters

these are all pretty right on.

heres mine

1 lts steez............those dudes were ahead of the game (although i have seen some old kept stuff that was pretty amorphic/complicated/tangle looking)

2 biting european 3d and highlight techniques (remembe when we thought european graff looked so weird?)

3 (on the west coast) weird throwups....... even though they are still decades behind some of nyc's avant garde throws.

4 making a crappy zine, poorly laid out, poorly scanned, of pictures youve seen printed well in the glossies.

5 god damn ticks in the 3d's and god damn inner outlines on everything. STOP DOInG THIS! start using more contrasting colors and youll find you dont need that white inner border to make your crappy straight letters or shitty l.a. looking crap make sense.

bitter.....

-jerk182

I stand by my original current trends, although the following are pretty acurate:

-emo looking writers, la style, old paint, makeshift patroits, whole car auto racks, cheap internet fame

All true, although a whole car of anykind gets thumbs up, trend or not.

-stock-cap 3D legal pieces, with anti-internet themes

This is just plain funny.

As far as inlines go; this is a struggle that's been raging since the first "flat white inliner" laid the groundwork for a generation of disgruntled, color-scheme-impaired writers to come. No more inlines .. vote no on 37!

Originally posted by berol

in my case where i come from many toys added "oe" or "h" to their names coming up with retarded names like "goest".. and so on...

are you calling goest a toy??.....just wanting to be clear that your not...cause anyone who knows the calgary scene knows goest is fucking good....and alot of people have retarded names...maybe that was the purpose of them having those names....just for the hell of it...see some people dont care what other people think of them...and they prove how good they are by their peicing and not there choice in names...

..and just so everyone knows...iam not starting any beefs or bitching or anything......its sad that i actually have to make that clear..

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by INDEPENDENZA

-conceptual shit

true

we shouldn't try to progrees or push ourselves or the medium

we should stick to Wild Style burnners circa late 70s/early 80s

:rolleyes:

THE INTERNET STARTED ALL THESE TRENDS!

I CAN SAY 12OZ PROPHET MESSAGE BOARD PROBBLY RUINED GRAFFITI!!!!!!!!!ANY TOY FUCK CAN HOP ON HERE AND JUST START JOCKING SHIT IT SUCKS.......AREAS USED TO HAVE THERE OWN STYLE SOON EVERYONE WILL LOOK LIKE SOMEONE ELSE......FUCK THE INTERNET.........:mad: :mad: :mad: :heated: :heated: :heated:

EXACTLY! You missed the most crucial downside of graffiti...... graff on the web has seriously damaged this culture, and I see so many kids walkin round thinkin they the shit taggin walls....... There was a time when graffiti could only be seen in the rough inner-city neighborhoods..... a place these suburban rich kids would never tread through because they thought it was "dirty" and "for the lower-class"...... now they hop on the internet, get pissed at their parents and start paintin walls with names like "Serv" and shit....... they talk shit, paint everyday for a couple months, then they fall off like 90% of toys..... I on the other hand am in this game until someone rips my arms off....... and even then im gonna practice can control with my feet... :D

More top five Trends

5. People getting someone else to write their shit, then just painting,

4. Crews biting entire styles then repeating it till its dead

3. People posting where to get rusto fatcaps on 12 oz prophet.

2. People doing comepletely hollow peices and then talking shit.

1. People walking around in a shirt with a picture of their tag on it after destroying their school and wondering why they got suspended.

Guest INDEPENDENZA
Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

true

we shouldn't try to progrees or push ourselves or the medium

we should stick to Wild Style burnners circa late 70s/early 80s

:rolleyes:

Yo man, you should try to be a little more open-minded, i know graffiti is supposed to be wilstyle burners, but its not ONLY about that...

Guest INDEPENDENZA

Re: THE INTERNET STARTED ALL THESE TRENDS!

Originally posted by tEkRoCkS

I CAN SAY 12OZ PROPHET MESSAGE BOARD PROBBLY RUINED GRAFFITI!!!!!!!!!ANY TOY FUCK CAN HOP ON HERE AND JUST START JOCKING SHIT IT SUCKS.......AREAS USED TO HAVE THERE OWN STYLE SOON EVERYONE WILL LOOK LIKE SOMEONE ELSE......FUCK THE INTERNET.........:mad: :mad: :mad: :heated: :heated: :heated:

a contrario, if there wasnt the net people would still be doing the same "regional style" over and over again.

But i agree that internet may have took away a bit of original flavor.

Originally posted by Unregistered

1 - Changing over to the Reas/AOK style and A) proclaiming a "return to graffiti's basic roots" B) painting pieces on freights with this style or C) posting pictures of these pieces on this message board.

OH I HATE THIS. I love the "AOK style" or whatever you want to call it, but I AM SO MOTHERFUCKING TIRED OF SEEING REAS CLONES. Most people fuck it up. They go through the motions and do loose pieces without having the underlying feel down. So much shit done in this style now just looks hollow and lifeless- which is totally the opposite of what people like about REAS, GHOST, or whoever.

It's funny, by the way, 10-12 years ago, in a lot of circles you had to be pretty progressive to even like that style.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

Yo man, you should try to be a little more open-minded, i know graffiti is supposed to be wilstyle burners, but its not ONLY about that...

are you kidding me?

i tried to make my sarcasm apparent, obviously i failed...

we need a :sarcastic: smiley

anyways...

i was quoting you

you are the one who said:

-conceptual shit

was trendy...

Guest INDEPENDENZA

i was sarcastic towards your sarcasm, it was fourth degree sarcasm,

i know it wasnt funny at all

conceptual stuff is the best but some artfags are fake and just want to be noticed as different and expect people to say "hes on some next ish"

could someone explain to me what "reas's style" is? im pretty sure ive seen him do lots of different ones ?

anyhow.

5. bubble letter-bar piece hybrids.

4. the hugest roller fillin ever.

3. white guys that do cholo shit. (anyone not mexican for that matter)

2. full color/wildstyle bombing (whats that say??)

1. crystal balls/castles/lightning/etc. (dungeons and dragons was never tough, dude.)

Archived