Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Top 5 Latest Graf Trends

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Unregistered, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Junior Member

5 - Doing big roller pieces at secluded "piecing" spots.

4 - Incorporating punk rock/heavy metal into pieces by A) doing a piece of a famous heavy metal/punk rock band name B) quoting a punk rock/heavy metal song next to a piece or C) giving productions a punk rock/heavy metal theme.

3 - Painting as many freights as possible while neglecting to make any of them much different from one another.

2 - Patriotic graffiti in support of the American Government's "War on Terrorism."

1 - Changing over to the Reas/AOK style and A) proclaiming a "return to graffiti's basic roots" B) painting pieces on freights with this style or C) posting pictures of these pieces on this message board.

:confused:

Edited Dec. 12 -- Top Trends from #10 - 6:

10 - Doing NYC style fill-ins in a place other than NYC.

9 - Doing graf with fire extinguishers.

8 - Citing 95 - 99 as the "glory days" of recent times and complaining that A) LA B) SF C) NJ D) Miami or E) any other city has since fallen off.

7 - Visiting New York City for the first time and only going to lower or mid-town Manhattan.

6 - Multi-state, similar style freight crews with a name that represents this.

2. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

its funny because its true.....i think anything invloving shit scribble and glass would rank in at number 6

3. berol

berol New Jack

i think i would have to agree with you on those five points, especially the fr8 thing.... im not to sure about the metal/punk thing i have always kinda done that but thats the music i listen to. i suppose trends can change from place to place, in my case where i come from many toys added "oe" or "h" to their names coming up with retarded names like "goest".. and so on...
    i would like to add another trend....."monikers", seems like everyone has got to have one.

4. Unregistered

Glass etching has become so trendy it deserves its own category. True indeed.

5. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

5. These people should get gone over with hollows.
    4.Well.....AC DC Rules...no question about that.
    3. Get better on the walls first.
    2. I tried a little slogan, just to see if it would help it run a bit longer..didn't even work...don't beleive the hype.
    1. And even still, most of them can't even do it right.

I quit writing anyhow....now I am mastering Photoshop and internet message boards.

6. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

...are you joking or serious? i cant tell.

7. IHATEU

IHATEU 12oz Loyalist

1. FREIGHTS
    2. softer more fun letters/classic styles too
    3. glass burns
    4. german paint
    5. emo looking writers, la style, old paint, makeshift patroits, whole car auto racks, cheap internet fame, hawaii(hhahah)

to add some fun
    trends six months ago
    stock caps
    freights
    transend style
    fire estinguishers
    writers doning courier sacks
    canada(hahaha)

8. JELO_016

JELO_016 Member

TRIBAL SWEATSHIRT WEARING GROUPIES...

SEGA

9. John Couger Melloncamp

John Couger Melloncamp New Jack

5) animal/enviro-friendly paint, tofu scented
    4) stock-cap 3D legal pieces, with anti-internet themes
    3) old school skateboard graphics painted on freights(that mike mcgill skull
    burner was rad yo)
    2) benching videos restricted only to hobo monikers
    1) graf writers-turned stock car racers

oh i'm sorry these are the fads in the year 2004

10. INDEPENDENZA

INDEPENDENZA Guest

-replacing its tag or throwup with a logo and signing it with a copyright ©.

-conceptual shit

-trying to be succesful into galleries

-painting over fuckt up textures like os gemeos

-ugly tags

-scandinavian passenger train styles and designy letters

11. Jerk182

Jerk182 Member

these are all pretty right on.
    heres mine
    1 lts steez............those dudes were ahead of the game (although i have seen some old kept stuff that was pretty amorphic/complicated/tangle looking)
    2 biting european 3d and highlight techniques (remembe when we thought european graff looked so weird?)
    3 (on the west coast) weird throwups....... even though they are still decades behind some of nyc's avant garde throws.
    4 making a crappy zine, poorly laid out, poorly scanned, of pictures youve seen printed well in the glossies.
    5 god damn ticks in the 3d's and god damn inner outlines on everything. STOP DOInG THIS! start using more contrasting colors and youll find you dont need that white inner border to make your crappy straight letters or shitty l.a. looking crap make sense.

bitter.....
    -jerk182

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

5.being 13
    4.liking america
    3.train writers who have never bombed, bitching about 'legal eagles'
    2.the strokes
    1.writers wearing capes (lazlo, they just wont give it up?!)

13. Unregistered

I stand by my original current trends, although the following are pretty acurate:

-emo looking writers, la style, old paint, makeshift patroits, whole car auto racks, cheap internet fame
    All true, although a whole car of anykind gets thumbs up, trend or not.

-stock-cap 3D legal pieces, with anti-internet themes
    This is just plain funny.

As far as inlines go; this is a struggle that's been raging since the first "flat white inliner" laid the groundwork for a generation of disgruntled, color-scheme-impaired writers to come. No more inlines .. vote no on 37!

14. chaos is me

chaos is me New Jack

this shits funny and true, but I try not to be an ass when it comes to some things, just do my own thing and hope things work out.

15. SersOne-NRS

SersOne-NRS New Jack

are you calling goest a toy??.....just wanting to be clear that your not...cause anyone who knows the calgary scene knows goest is fucking good....and alot of people have retarded names...maybe that was the purpose of them having those names....just for the hell of it...see some people dont care what other people think of them...and they prove how good they are by their peicing and not there choice in names...

..and just so everyone knows...iam not starting any beefs or bitching or anything......its sad that i actually have to make that clear..