Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Too good for your own good.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by oneeightyone, May 31, 2005.

1. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

So it's about 2:30 am, im covered in grease, im pretty sure my car will need major money put in to repair it.

it's about midnight and i am feeling pretty low, today for some reason made me feel down in life, like when you like a girl and you feel inadequate, well that same feeling, plus the one for the girl, but for your entire life, x3. so i go out for some ice cream and orange juice, because i think it'll make me feel better.

i get it, im driving back home when i hear my tire die on me, my tire is dead, so i pull over try to change it but realize i have no spare. so here i am at 1am in a dark parking lot by the woods and i dont have anybody. i cant call anybody because for one, all my friends for some reason have scrambled in the past 6 months. i start looking for a 7-11 to get some tire in a can and finally find one, then it starts to rain.

so im walking back to my car in this deserted parking lot where my car is to put this fucking can into the tire. here i am, depressed already, trying to fix this, i bought two, i unloaded both of them only to realize the tire is off the wheel and it's a big waste of money. so there i am, with nobody to help me. alone, and my cell phone battery is about to die.

it seems that ive stretched my hand out to a million people, even at this time of the night/ day, if someone called me, i wouldnt leave them hanging. so i look on my list and nobody. nobody is there to help.

so i say fuck-it, jump in my car and drive home on a busted tire, my tire is probably shot to fuck, maybe the wheel is dented now. i dont care. im pissed, and sad at the same time.

pretty much after all that rambling of my shitty night,

i feel that i am too good for my own good, i try to help everyone out, but when i need it nobody is there for me. like i cant take care of myself, that i dont do things for myself as much as for other people.

i dont know how to change it, nor do i know if i need to change it. i like to help people but when nobody is there for you, then that diminishes your perspective on what good can do.

oh, and i locked the keys inside the car afterwards.

2. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member

damn man,hope things will get better,keep your head up

3. firsttake

firsttake Member

maybe you should go live in new york with hesh and them

4. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

i hear ya brother. i often go out of my way to help people out, then end up being taken advantage of. fuck it though. it doesn't do any good to dwell on shit like that. don't worry about changing yourself. just know you're a good person and fuck the rest.
    sounds like one shitty day though. life seems to go lke that sometimes.

5. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

damn.

i feel the same way right now.

except nothing happened to me today.

sleep it off. im gonna go read a book.

6. I.C.Shadow

I.C.Shadow Senior Member

i feel the same way man, hope you feel better.

7. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Sounds like one of those days....

8. droptheknife

droptheknife Member

I gave up trying to help people a long time ago. They just take what they can get and fuck off. Then when it comes to re-paying the favour its all such a big effort for them. Look out for number one mate.

9. sneak

sneak Guest

sods laws.

looking out for others is all good. it is a nice thing to do, and not everyone takes you for granted...

...but still, people always forget to look out for themselves, if you get me.

10. hopeizm

hopeizm Member

Best advice here, the world has a funny way of dealing with people and everyone gets back what they put in.... good and bad, one day you'll get your good........ keep your head up matey

11. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Hey man, sorry you had a bad time.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to your e-mail in time.
    Hope you found something to do in the city.

12. Gunm

Gunm Banned

the hour before dawn is always darkest

13. oneeightyone

oneeightyone Senior Member

yea, no problem, i went up there on a whim but next time ill hit you up well before the day tha ti actually go.

i got into a gang of shit, first and probably the last time i ever try moonshine.

rarebreed is an okay place, too bad it was closed.

and LENS,
    yea it is. today im in full effect about to get a show at a gallery.

lifes a bitch sometimes but you just gotta rough it out and keep on playing.

14. villain

villain Veteran Member

Damn yo...
    Hey why didn't you call me? I was lying in bed, and unbeknownst to me, I was catching a cold from the draft through my window. Maybe I wouldn't have this cold now.
    You coulda put your tire back on the wheel with a flathead screwdriver or something... but that fixaflat only works for really small holes.
    Hope things are better for ya now...

15. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I'm sorry man.

Not knowing your full situation, and based on just what you typed, the problem may be with the people with whom you're associating - not yourself.