1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

tonite's UFC fight

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by POIESIS, Apr 12, 2005.

1. POIESIS

POIESIS 12oz Member

tonite's UFC fight

Discussion started by POIESIS - Apr 12, 2005

who saw the griffin/bonnar fight tonite?
    fucking insane.

POIESIS - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. courtorder

courtorder 12oz Senior Member

courtorder - Replied Apr 12, 2005

Boner

courtorder - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied Apr 12, 2005

channel zero is dead tonight.

mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. courtorder

courtorder 12oz Senior Member

courtorder - Replied Apr 12, 2005

yeah no kidding, this is wack as fuck

courtorder - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Apr 12, 2005

People actually watch this stuff?

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. POIESIS

POIESIS 12oz Member

POIESIS - Replied Apr 12, 2005

naw, i'm not a fan at all i just accidentally came across it tonite and
    was shitting my pants with laughter and amazement.
    one of those things you had to see to get it

7. POIESIS

POIESIS 12oz Member

definitely the best, most entertaining real fight i've ever seen.

8. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

GLIK$ - Replied Apr 12, 2005

Being a huge fan of UFC and involved in amateur mixed marital arts fighting. This fight was by far one of the best UFC fights since Mark Kerr was around smashing faces in ful contact fighting.

Im actually really glad they both got contracts. How well they'll fare overall in the UFC is still kind of up in the air with me. They can both obviously take hits... from each other. And they can both stand in there and strike... against each other.

Put them against a Randy Couture, Chuck Lidell, or a Rich Franklin and they're smashed. But that's basically because they're new to the big leagues.

I like Forrest Griffin a lot. Simply because of this logic, "Im going to wait to get hit in the mouth and then figure it out from there."

The middleweight fight? Pathetic. Diego Sanchez is a good 175 lbs fighter. His opponent was dissapointing. If Chris Lebon was in there, that would have been an entertaining fight that would have lasted longer than 3 minutes.

Poiesis: You going to watch the Couture vs Lidell 2 fight? I watched the first one which was really good. Im actually pulling for Lidell in this one. But I doubt it's going to end in knock-out. Im saying this goes to decision. Lidell wins in a split.

GLIK$ - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. effyoo

effyoo 12oz Elite Member

effyoo - Replied Apr 12, 2005

you all are talking about that ufc reality show?

effyoo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. gigan

gigan 12oz Junior Member

gigan - Replied Apr 12, 2005

so who's into pride?

gigan - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  11. POIESIS

POIESIS 12oz Member

yea i probably won't go to the pay per view event cuz i'm cheap and i'm
    not a big UFC guy...fucking great match up though..i'll definitely check for the lidell/couture fight when it comes out on dvd or whatever..
    after the griffin/bonnar fight i was pretty hyped..
    i grabbed my dad and rocked his ass in an arm wrestle, then i was still hyped so
    i did some handstand pushups and some flying ninja kicks around the room.

12. POIESIS

POIESIS 12oz Member

i just remembered they said that forrest griffin dude was in a fight where
    the other guy broke griffin's arm and he still knocked the dude out with his
    other arm.

13. WRECKONIZE

WRECKONIZE 12oz Senior Member

WRECKONIZE - Replied Apr 12, 2005

i thought bonnar should have been declared winner. forrest is a fucking trooper though

WRECKONIZE - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. TresOne

TresOne 12oz Member

TresOne - Replied Apr 12, 2005

I'm happy with how that fight was called - they're both awesome fucking fighters, but I think Forrest did edge out Bonnar a bit. Good call to give 'em both the contracts for sure, but you know Forrest is just going to pawn the watch and piss the money away on booze, haha.

On another note, what the fuck was up with Shamrock? I'm a fan of Franklin, he's a great fighter, but Shammy falling twice? What the shit? He was the one attacking Franklin, and it looked like his legs just gave out both times...

Anyways, great fights. Fuck Pay-Per-View, I'll just watch the highlights for the Lidell/Couture fight..

TresOne - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  15. STYLEISKING

STYLEISKING Dirty Dozen Crew

STYLEISKING - Replied Apr 12, 2005

www.ufc.tv

Date: 4/10/2005
    Article Type: TV Live

Summary:
    THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER™ FINAL ESPISODE FIGHT RESULTS AT DEADLINE

Complete Post-Fight News To Follow Later Tonight

LAS VEGAS, NEV., April 9, 2005….For journalists on deadline, following are official results for the LIVE final episode of The Ultimate Fighte™, the Ultimate Fighting Championship nine-fight card held tonight at Cox Pavilion in Las Vegas, Nev. Watch for complete post-fight analysis, including quotes by main event fighters via PR Newswire and e-mail.

Light Heavyweight Main Event
    It was a big night for Rich Franklin (19-1-0) from Cincinnati, Ohio, who defeated UFC legend Ken Shamrock (26-9-2) from San Diego, Ca., by technical knockout at the 2:44 mark of the first round. Franklin escaped an arm bar and an ankle lock before Shamrock attempted a right kick. He slipped and Franklin pounced in Shamrock’s guard and finished the fight with a flurry of strikes. Shamrock could not defend himself and referee John McCarthy stopped the fight.

The Ultimate Fighter™ Light Heavyweight Final
    In what the UFC’s top executives, officials, fighters and fans agreed was one of the best fights in UFC history, Forrest Griffin (10-2-0) from Athens, Ga., out pointed Stephan Bonnar (9-2-0) from Chicago, Ill., to win a unanimous decision and the title of The Ultimate Fighter™ in the light heavyweight division. But both fighters became winners when Zuffa, LLC awarded both fighters six-figure fight contracts with the UFC. The action in the Octagon was non-stop as both fighters scored in all three rounds with strikes, kicks and ground action. But all three judges scored it 29-28 in Griffin’s favor.

The Ultimate Fighter™ Middleweight Final
    Diego Sanchez (15-0-0) from Albuquerque, N.M., became The Ultimate Fighter™ in the middleweight division with a convincing technical knockout over Kenny Florian (4-2-0) from Boston, Mass. Sanchez, a submission wrestler and boxer, took Florian to the ground after the first minute and dominated with powerful strikes. He opened a cut over Florian’s nose and referee John McCarthy stopped it at the 2:49 mark of the first round. Sanchez won a six-figure fight contract with the UFC and other prizes.

Light Heavyweight Bout (205 lbs.)
    Sam Hoger (5-0-0) from Davenport, Iowa, won a unanimous decision after three rounds over Bobby Southworth (8-4-0) from Santa Cruz, Ca., with a a well-rounded attack standing and on the ground.

Middleweight Bout (185 lbs.)
    Chris Leben (17-1-0) from Portland, Ore., won a TKO over Jason Thacker (4-2-0) from Whonnock, British Columbia, at the 1:35 mark of the first round. The fight was a grudge match holdover from the TV show when Leben ridiculed Thacker in the second episode. Thacker landed a hard right at the outset, but Leben recovered and went to a ground and pound attack for the win.

Josh Koscheck (5-0-0) from Buffalo, NY, defeated Chris Sanford (5-1-0) from San Francisco, Ca., by escaping a strong leg lock and landing elbow strikes and punches to win a TKO at the 4:21 mark of the first round.

Nate Quarry (12-1-0) from Gresham, Ore., who never fought on the show due an ankle injury sustained in training, defeated Lodune Sincaid (15-3-0) from N. Hollywood, Ca., by TKO at the 3:17 mark of the first round.

Light Heavyweight Bout (205 lbs.)
    Mike Swick (7-1-0) from San Jose, Ca., knocked out Alex Schoenauer (10-1-0) from Las Vegas, Nev., in 20 seconds of the first round by landing four powerful strikes at the start of the fight.

Welterweight Bout (170 lbs.)
    Alex Karalexis (5-0-0) from Las Vegas, Nev., knocked out Josh Rafferty (7-4-0) from Cincinnati, Ohio, with a powerful right hand strike at the 1:40 mark of the first round.

Replays: (check local listings)

Sunday April 10, 10:00 PM (ET/PT)

Monday April 11, 11:00 PM (ET/PT)

STYLEISKING - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages: