Tonight it's either the plane crash, or Bon Jovi.

powder

I think it was nineteen-ninety-three, when on the way home from a road trip, my father pulled the car over to the side of the highway to inspect a cardboard box. Inside he was overjoyed to find around forty t-shirts that said in ugly purple, orange and teal letters: "I SURVIVED THE 1993 FLOOD."

Twice now someone has said to me, "Wow, this terrorist plane crash thing is a big deal." I'd agree. I haven't seen this many college classes canceled since Ziggy Marley came to S.I.U.

It is a Big Deal. It's difficult to escape it, whether you care or not. It's because of this that makes everything so annoying.

Without real tragedy in a persons life, it's impossible to differentiate one Big Deal from the next.

Let me explain.

(Think about the worst thing that's ever happend to you. Now think, "Would they make a movie out of it? Would it be any good?)

Too many people in the world starve for drama. They act like if they don't get their torcherd soul merit badge, they'll never be that interesting of a person. So they flock to tragady.

But being depressed isn't fun. Ask anyone who actually is. If they advertise that they're depressed, they probably aren't. Like I said, it isn't fun, and it certainly isn't "cool." (Despite the goth scene.)

So a person who is flocking to tragedy, who isn't familiar with what it actually feels like, can only mimic what they think depression should look like. Eventually, all the things that are a "Big Deal meld together. And so, one day they'll wear the "I Survived the '01 Plane Crash," the next it'll be the "Kiss Reunion Tour." It was a damn big deal.

(They made shirts that had Kurt Cobain's death certificate on them.)

It's only a matter of time till NBC makes a Friday night movie "in honer of the victims on Sept. 12.

Sometimes I wonder if eight years ago, someone was laying in their casket with a shirt on that said, "I Didn't Survive the Flood of 1993."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest please.die

a friend sent me a link..like a day or two after the attack and it was for a shirt being sold that said some shit like "I flew a plane into the WTC and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" all the complaints made them take it down, and when you tried to go to the site it looked like they were selling a 13.95 plain 50/50 fruit of the loom shirt, since they removed the logo. ..not to kill the fun mood..but I thought it was pretty fucked..the humor disappears when it gets put to practice..

I dunno, I'd do it... if I got more than 30 orders or so then shirts would be around $12 or $15... more than a hundred orders and shirts could be like $10 to $12 so... I doubt I would advertise it though... also that slogan sucks next to mine, but yeah... it is in poor taste, however, you'll never go broke appealing to the lowest in people

------------------

2 Can Sam

Archived