Tommy Chong Pleads Guilty in Bong Sales

mental invalid

question, i though paraphernalia was legal???

any law students wanna do some research??

Tommy Chong Pleads Guilty in Bong Sales

Wed May 14, 2:24 AM ET

By DAN NEPHIN, Associated Press Writer

PITTSBURGH - Tommy Chong (news), who played one half of the dope-smoking duo in Cheech and Chong movies, pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday to conspiring to sell drug paraphernalia.

Chong also pleaded guilty on behalf of his business, Nice Dreams Enterprises, which made a line of marijuana bongs and pipes. Doing business as Chong Glass, Nice Dreams Enterprises sold glass pipes and bongs that Chong acknowledged were used to smoke marijuana.

Chong's attorneys said he was accepting responsibility, but noted he was careful not to sell to minors.

"This isn't his work. His work is that of a comedian and satirist," said attorney Richard G. Hirsch.

After the hearing, Chong said he did not use drugs. "I don't smoke; I quit," he said.

The actor-comedian, who recently had a recurring role on Fox's "That '70s Show," said he planned to return to what he's always done: speaking "the truth" in his comedy routines. He was scheduled to appear in Florida on Tuesday night.

Chong said he and Cheech Marin (news) were back together and working on another movie; the two have appeared together in several films, including "Up in Smoke" and "Still Smokin'." His plea, he said, would be part of the new film.

Chong's plea came after federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents purchased his paraphernalia and had them shipped to an undercover business. Agents also confiscated his company's paraphernalia during raids of "head shops" in numerous states and confiscated "thousands of marijuana bongs and pipes" in a raid of his Gardena, Calif., business.

The raids were part of a series by the DEA in which at least 55 people were charged with trafficking in illegal drug paraphernalia. Officials said the investigation targeted the nation's biggest Internet distributors of paraphernalia.

Chong is the first person to plead guilty in the raids, said U.S. Attorney Mary Beth Buchanan.

Chong, 64, was released on recognizance bail, but must undergo drug testing and remain in the U.S. District Court jurisdiction of his Pacific Palisades home except to travel for work and court appearances.

He faces a maximum sentence of three years in prison and a $250,000 fine when he is sentenced Sept. 11. Federal guidelines call for six months to one year incarceration, though Buchanan said the government would not make a recommendation to U.S. District Judge Arthur J. Schwab.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Chong acknowledged were used to smoke marijuana"

That's where he messed up. Bong and pipes are fine if you have a warning stating that they're for tobacco products use only. Once you cross the line and say it's okay to use the products for illegal drugs, then they're illegal.

Originally posted by Oprah Oner

"Chong acknowledged were used to smoke marijuana"

That's where he messed up. Bong and pipes are fine if you have a warning stating that they're for tobacco products use only. Once you cross the line and say it's okay to use the products for illegal drugs, then they're illegal.

thats what the whole nation wide 'operation pipe dream' is about, busting paraphernalia dealers cause they know its not for tobacco even though thats the stated purpose. a bunch of other people and companies went down too. it may be harder to buy bongs and all that ish soon...

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by anonymity1

or hair^^

Ill give someone 2 dollars if they

drink the bong water. I heard it

hits you 10x better then the smoke. ;)

:lol:

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS

a lot of shit is becoming more strict because of the new terrorism laws... ie. selling drug paraphanelia supports terrorists. it sucks, i agree, and i don't even smoke.

Originally posted by FilthyPraxis

I've got a dollar for who ever will take a big bong rip of tobacco.

ive done that a few times to spite my friends

'dood! what the fuck!? now i have to clean my bong, you asshole!'

goodtimes.

i found older dudes that smoke alot dont like to have bongs or pipes. They only like smoking joints or pipes they make out of fruit and shit so they can just dispose of them. Maybe its a hawaii thing, but I noticed lots of older people hate ripping bongs

Guest willy.wonka

aliens-big bang

dude, its tommy chong...."TOMMY CHONG"!

his name rhymes with selling bongs and bikini thongs.

i bet he tokes up and howls at the moon, or he's a

couch sitter wondering where all the pussy went.

tommy...tahhmie..i dont think "PRESIDENT BUSH" likes you.

the big badass from texas...doing drugs would not be any fun with this man.he cheers his way to destruction and death, proving to highschool jocks that he's not a little faggot.he's the puppet leader to the largest gang on god's green earth.one of many heads on this vampiric dragon.

would tommy be cool in jail?

im all stoned:cool:

nah, for real, he doesn't smoke... my homeboy's wife went almost a year ago to see his stand up routine with some of her friends... turns out her friends knew them (fucking dicks for not telling us because we would have SO been there but...)... she got to meet him after his show and she offered him a sample to ride out with and he politely declined. Still, she hung out with him casual style for like 3 hours... and she's pretty stupid so, I feel kinda gypped...

He was coming back around and we were supposed to meet him in half a sec and then all this blew up, but it may still happen so, wish me luck!

Guest BROWNer

jeezussss, you know shit is fucked up when

chong master jackson gets bagged...

if you can get 3years and a huge ass fine

for a weed bong i wonder

what you'd get for a selling crack pipes.?

Originally posted by WebsterUno

Ill give someone 2 dollars if they

drink the bong water. I heard it

hits you 10x better then the smoke. ;)

:lol:

i did this once...

i had some old bong water that wuz really cloudy and about a nick of sum good green so i smoked it all and wunted to get more high so i thought that if i drank it maybe i'd get a lil bit higher so i drank it and didn't feel a thing it wuz just gay...

but later that day i ate bud brownies for the first time:yum:

those are bomb as hell:king:

Originally posted by BROWNer

what you'd get for a selling crack pipes.?

well you would logically think that crack paraphenilia would be a substaintally higher priority. However since im sure the goverment profits of crack sales and not marijauna.....go figure.

No where near as fucked as the conviction of Ed. Rosenthall for growing a few thousand medical plants. He grew them in califiornia under the blessing of the law and was federally prosectuted. The federal whore of a judge ruled that the jurors were not allowed to know that it is legal to grow and distribute medical marrijauna in califas.

so they convicted him of felony growing and hes looking at five years allthough alot of the jurors have stated they felt they were railroaded into an unjust guilty verdict.

sentencing is next month and Ed's free on bail.

Archived