TOMBSTONE appreciation thread.

King Of Hell

"Wyatt Earp: What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? Doc Holliday: A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of himself. And he can never steal enough, or kill enough, or cause enough pain to fill it up. And so he walks the earth, forever seeking retribution... Wyatt Earp: For what? Doc Holliday: Being born."

"Doc Holliday: It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

"Johnny Ringo: My fight's not with you, Holliday. Doc Holliday: I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play For Blood" -- remember? Johnny Ringo: Oh that. That was just foolin' about. Doc Holliday: I wasn't."

"Johnny Ringo: It's quoted in the bible, Revelations. Behold the pale horse...the man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him"

"[Doc Holliday is drunkenly playing a somber piece on the saloon piano, and a drunken Cowboy is harassing him to play something by Stephen Foster] Cowboy: Stephen Foster. "Oh, Susannah", "Camptown Races". Stephen stinking Foster. Doc Holliday: Ah, yes. Well, this happens to be a nocturne. Cowboy: A which? Doc Holliday: You know, Frederic fucking Chopin."

60t35_tomb_01.jpg

9tJDp_tomb_06-1.jpg

rTA9W_tomb_12.jpg

UH67R_tomb_21.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"Curly Bill: [takes a bill with Wyatt's signature from a customer and throws it on the faro table] Wyatt Earp, huh? I heard of you.

Ike Clanton: Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog. Law don't go around here. Savvy?

Wyatt Earp: I'm retired.

Curly Bill: Good. That's real good.

Ike Clanton: Yeah, that's good, Mr. Law Dog, 'cause law don't go around here.

Wyatt Earp: I heard you the first time.

[flips a card]

Wyatt Earp: Winner to the King, five hundred dollars.

Curly Bill: Shut up, Ike.

Johnny Ringo: [Ringo steps up to Doc] And you must be Doc Holliday.

Doc Holliday: That's the rumor.

Johnny Ringo: You retired too?

Doc Holliday: Not me. I'm in my prime.

Johnny Ringo: Yeah, you look it.

Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?

Kate: You don't even know him.

Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.

Wyatt Earp: [to Ringo] He's drunk.

Doc Holliday: In vino veritas.

Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis.

Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus apella.

Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Ecentus stultorum magister.

Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat.

Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.

Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him. "

translation of the latin exchange...

Doc Holliday: In Vino Veritas.

[in wine is truth. - Meaning - "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind."]

Johnny Ringo: Age Quod Agis.

[Do what you do. - Meaning - "Do what you do best."]

Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus Apella, Non Ego. The Jew Apella may believe it, not I.

[Meaning, "Oh I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]

Johnny Ringo: Eventus Stultorum Magister.

[Events are the teachers of fools. - Meaning - "Fools have to learn by experience."]

Doc Holliday: In Pace Requiescat.

[Rest In Peace - Meaning - "It's Your Funeral!"]

"Doc Holliday: Why Kate, You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd"

"Ike Clanton: What is that Holiday? Twelve hands in a row? Ain't nobody that lucky.

Doc Holliday: Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

"Johnny Ringo: Isn't anyone here man enough to play for blood?

Doc Holliday: I'm your huckleberry."

"Wyatt Earp: How are you?

Doc Holliday: I'm dying, how are you? "

"Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.

[billy Clanton draws a knife]

Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya"

"Wyatt Earp: From now on I see a red sash, I kill the man wearing it. So run you cur. And tell the other curs the law is coming. You tell 'em I'm coming! And Hell's coming with me you hear! Hell's coming with me!"

"Johnny Ringo: I want your blood. And I want your soul. And I want them both right now!"

"Doc Holliday: Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself."

"Doc Holliday: It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist"

"Wyatt Earp: You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?"

"Johnny Ringo: [Ringo has taken Holliday up on his offer to 'finish the game'] All right, 'lunger'. Let's do it.

Doc Holliday: Say when."

BANG!!!!

"Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung"

"Doc Holliday: [after killing Johnny Ringo] It would appear that the strain was more than he could bear. "

"Morgan Earp: Remember what I said about people seein' a bright light before they die? It ain't true. I can't see a damn thing."

"Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Nobody move!

Doc Holliday: Nonsense. By all means, move."

"Doc Holliday: Weave a circle round him thrice, / And close your eyes with holy dread, / For he on honey-dew hath fed, / And drunk the milk of Paradise."

Frank McLaury: [a mortally wounded McLaury is taking aim at Doc] I've got you... you bastard!

Doc Holliday: [holds up arms] You're a daisy if you do!

Guest R@ndomH3ro

I thought this was going to be about cheap pizza you get at the g-store. That shit is delicous!

tombstone-pepp.gif

But the movie is sweet as well, espically with Tombstone Pizza!

This movie was my favorite movie for about 6yrs after I saw it. Possibly one of the best modern westerns.

My favorite movies happen to be westerns also. They are Fist Full of Dollars; For a Few Dollars More; and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

These three movies are a trilogy. Most dont know.

This movie was my favorite movie for about 6yrs after I saw it. Possibly one of the best modern westerns.

My favorite movies happen to be westerns also. They are Fist Full of Dollars; For a Few Dollars More; and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

These three movies are a trilogy. Most dont know.

Yeah, Tombstone and these three movies are really good. The Eastwood movies are much better, I think. The Wild Bunch was pretty hype, too, but I'm no expert.

They need to bring back the nice westerns. Young Guns I was good, but part II sucked.

*oh yeah, and Hang 'Em High was cool, too.

I mean...I hate cross pollenating threads, but if you want to get into it about other western movies....

The Magnificent Seven.(yeah i know...seven samurai was amazing, but man..this movie...awesome-O in its own right.)........Yul Brenner, Steve McQueen, Robert Vaughn, Charles fucking Bronson, James Coburn.........COME ON!

Word. I broke my friend's nose with a shotgun while trying to re-create the 'smashing faces on horseback' scene when I was 11.

Doc Holiday = unfuckwithable.

appreciated.

i was asked to leave denny's when i tried to recreate the scene with doc holiday spinning the cup on his finger.

doc holiday: "i'm your huckleberry."

awesome movie.