Tom Goes to the Mayor

coffeedependency

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it wouldn't surprise me if no one has.

the torrent-savvy should look into it.

Tom Goes to the Mayor is an animated show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, that aired for the first time on November 14, 2004. The basic plot of the show centers around Tom Peters, a new citizen to the town of Jefferton who is "full of ideas," and giving them to the Mayor (Who always "tweaks" the ideas, which causes them to backfire). The show features a crude yet distinctive animation style (vaguely reminiscent to sprite comics) which is made by taking photos of the cast with different expressions. The photos are filtered (the effect can be accomplished in Photoshop using the 'photocopy' filter) so that they are made up of only blue and white; resembling mimeographs. There are some live action scenes, usually on a television within the show. Adult Swim has also described this as being one of the most polarizing shows they have had, indicating that fans either love or hate it.

looking at the people who were involved, it was almost like a Mr. Show side-project.

yeah, yeah... for sure.

but the photoshoping information is almost irrelevant, that was an entry from wikipedia. i think the production of the show is seriously funny. the rest:

The premise behind Tom Goes to the Mayor is vaguely formulaic; Tom has an idea, and someone - usually the Mayor - manages to twist it into something terrible (or at least something non-beneficial). This is not to say that Tom's ideas are good; some of his ideas are portrayed as being better than they really are, such as his "Rats Off To Ya" T-shirts. But, whether Tom's ideas are good or bad, his mere association with them dooms them to failure. Sometimes this failure is assisted by the Mayor, who often adds unwelcome dimensions to Tom's ideas ("Bear Traps") or hi-jacks them completely ("Porcelain Birds"). Often, external forces derail his plans ("Vehicular Manslaughter" , "Rats Off To Ya", "WW Lazerz"), and he is frequently left "holding the bag" after disaster occurs. And, without fail, even when other characters could help Tom, none do so. Even when Tom succeeds at something, such as his role as matchmaker during Toodleday, his efforts are still portrayed as failures. And this is the essence of Tom Goes to the Mayor - the complete haplessness of Tom and his travails as a hyper-tragic figure against an absurdist backdrop.

Tom Goes to the Mayor is pretty much an animated Mr. Show. I loved it, though. The best episode was the one where Micheal Ian Black guest starred. Usually, if your first response to a show is "I saw that, it sucked, it had no plot, it was stupid," then YOU are less than intelligent. This statement does not apply to The O.C., Laguna Beach, or pretty much everything MTV has done in the past 4 years.

...i can't stand that show...i seriously gave it a couple of chances, but that shit just isn't funny to me at all...it was the worst shit on adult swim...and that photocopy filter look just got on my damn nerves...i'd rather watch that ghey inuyasha bullshit