Tobacco-questions

pacman

Long time since I've posted geeze...

I'm doing an argument paper on banning tobacco. I would like to hear some viewpoints on whether or not criminalizing could happen. I don't believe that it can anytime soon. I smoked for 3 or so years (14-18), quit for 3 and some years, and started again a month ago. Having grown since 18 I've noticed a lot of new things about addiction. It is apalling to me how addictive tobacco is. I know there is a choice of whether or not to smoke. I am in the process of quitting (by this I mean knowing that I can quit now, but smoking anyway...dumb haha)

Anyways , throw out some ideas.

My stance for the paper is pro-criminalization (even though I know it will not happen)

Ethics, business, usa being around today because of tobacco...whatever other thoughts you've got

thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Tobacco is Bad

But it should not be banned. It kills 440,000 Americans every year, but it should not be banned. It causes heart disease, cancer, emphysema, COPD, Reynaud's disease and a host of other bad shit, but it should not be banned.

Why not?

Because if it was banned it would have the same idiotic fascination for teenagers that everything else that is banned seems to have, and instead of costing $2.75 a pack, the shit would cost $27.50 (or more) and people would be shooting each other off of street corners to get it. Let everybody smoke whatever they want, and if they get cancer, I guess they just fucking die sick and alone, gasping into an oxygen mask.

Don't smoke. It's stupid and it's dangerous. And it ruins your lungs.

Ban tobacco! Because its a really fucking wonderful idea to prohibit drugs. It takes them out of the hands of ruthless, gun-toting, tobacco companies and puts them in the hands of the friendly, law-respecting street dealers where they belong. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ClueTwo

Without reading one post, I'm gonna answer all questions with:

Yes, it's fuckin bad for you......

Now that I've acutally grown some hair on my balls to read this...

It's the same as trying to ban alcohol, not gonna happen...again...

It would turn into the one of the worst smuggling since cocaine in the 70's...Imagine how many people would be smuggling from Grandmothers to Teenagers.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: Tobacco is Bad

Originally posted by KaBar2

But it should not be banned. It kills 440,000 Americans every year, but it should not be banned. It causes heart disease, cancer, emphysema, COPD, Reynaud's disease and a host of other bad shit, but it should not be banned.

Why not?

Because if it was banned it would have the same idiotic fascination for teenagers that everything else that is banned seems to have, and instead of costing $2.75 a pack, the shit would cost $27.50 (or more) and people would be shooting each other off of street corners to get it. Let everybody smoke whatever they want, and if they get cancer, I guess they just fucking die sick and alone, gasping into an oxygen mask.

Don't smoke. It's stupid and it's dangerous. And it ruins your lungs.

Agreed, the sequence of that thought is the decriminalization of drugs.

Banning always makes things cooler,

I'm not looking for help writing my paper...so buzzoff about that

I wanted some different viewpoints on the subject (from people outside of my normal talking withs)

I've come to a conclusion that the paper is going to be worthless

I'm not saying that people don't have the choice to smoke. I am just tired of people using it as a crutch of sorts. I enjoy smoking and am yet to figure out why...

Addiction is fun to look at from within. I like fresh starts, and what a better one that quitting smoking hahaha

I like the 27.50 street dealer thoughts "

Mr. yuck should go push cigarettes onto bar hoes and say, "I love

watching you die."

This is why I dislike writing classes (argument papers) Most arguments are obvious and drab, maybe pointless. Things go on and cycles happen. We can mainly only change things on a very small scale...and hope that some of it catches on.

Universal unconscience will do the rest

If anyone ever ask if you smoke after sex.....say, "I don't know, I've never really checked.

population control is major tobacco yeehaw how can we thank them

Archived