Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

to my people...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by THANKYOU, Jan 2, 2006.

1. THANKYOU

THANKYOU Elite Member

what do yall do job wise? to afford living in new york? just kinda curious...

did yall go downtown to the big event last night in time square??

2. colt45oe800

colt45oe800 Member

downtown you say ehhhhh, i know of no such thing

3. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Um basically to survive in new york, you dont live in manhattan.

And no, NYE in Time's Square is for kids from Ohio and brahs from LI.

4. dobsilla

dobsilla Senior Member

teaseola wants to move to the big apple.

5. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

i like new york..but i dont even have much of an urge to go or live there,chicago is my big city.

6. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

7. Sparoism

Sparoism Guest

Oakland is a lot cheaper than NYC or SF, but there isn't a whole lot to do. Well, I find ways to pass the time....It ain't Manhattan, though. Don't let Broadway fool you.

Hell, I like it here. It's the only place I've ever felt at home.

8. dobsilla

dobsilla Senior Member

i had a blast in oakland, i wandered the city everyday, lived in a suburban, racked food 3xdaily from safeway, got free alcohol at longs, and drank/chilled at an abandoned resaraunt. i also went to parties in sf a lot. got in a fight one night with some friends against some skate nerds and we were at a pirate party so we were all dressed like pirates in the middle of the street

9. dubsface

dubsface Member

I work in a printlab for 8$/hour, and waitress (though I could be now fired, which blows,) and sometimes mooch off the parents (hey, I admit it.)
    You could live off waiting tables easy in NY, if you do it a lot. Also, TS blows during NYE, only tourists go. I RARELY step foot in ts... well, anything above 15th Street doesnt really exist for me.

10. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

i'll say it again, move to vegas!

higher pay
    cheaper living
    free drinking (if you like to gamble)
    it NEVER closes
    booming economy
    much better weather

i am giving some thought to this for myself.

11. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

I would drink myself to death if i lived in vegas.

12. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

i quit drinking, gambling is the new addiction. so either way i would be fucked!

13. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

Damn, I hated Vegas. All shine, no soul.

14. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

yeah i agree. that is my real issue with vegas, no substance, no culture. that and the fact that is isn't near the ocean. i like the fact i live 20min. away from the ocean (and if i'm lucky in a few months i'll be living 2 blocks away).

15. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

ive never been to times square on nye in my life. and our pay rates are equally as big as our house rates. theyre just a little higher them everywhere else