to hell with the devil

Guest professor poopatronic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

I had "Soldiers Under Command", "To Hell With the Devil", and "In God We Trust" on cassette tape.

I saw them live in Puerto Rico in 1988.

Wordup.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Retarded anecdote:

I went to a Catholic elementary school, both genders (not the same case for high school), and religion was a major class in our curriculum. In 5th grade, we were nearing the end of the semester and we had pretty much covered all the material necessary, so our religion teacher allowed the last few days of class to be a sort of study hall, where we could bring music and do homework and stuff. However, the music had to be screened by the teacher, of course, so we ended up listening to pop and ballads most of the time. At the time, I didn't listen to anything but hair band heavy metal, and I was going nuts, because Motley Crue and Van Halen singing about hot women didn't quite make the cut.

STRYPER TO THE RESCUE!!

I told my teacher that I had a tape of this Christian heavy metal band with a positive message, and she made a face and told me to bring it to class and she'd give it a look. So I did, and she fucking flipped when she saw the title was "To Hell With the Devil", I had to explain to her that it was a diss to Satan. So we pop it in, I announce that it's rock music, and people look at me very strangely. I sit down, feeling all proud that I brought some kickass shit to the table.

The music starts, and I'm fucking rocking out like nobody's business, doing my homework while singing along and headbanging, occassionally looking up to see if anyone was feeling it. They weren't. It all lasted about 3 minutes before everyone started complaining about how terrible it was and how they couldn't study with that music, so they took it out and popped in Madonna instead (pre-slut era). I was crushed. It was a such a serious blow to my social standing, which wasn't much to begin with cause I was an A+ nerd. Everyone clowned me for my stupid music for weeks afterwards. It all went downhill from there... the next day I was screamed at by my teacher in front of everyone for flagrantly picking my nose, and then some idiot kid ventured to take a peek under my desk and found the absolutely astonishing collection of dry boogers I'd been smearing on it all year long. I was dubbed "Candy Factory" by my peers. I never fully recovered from that.

I hate you Stryper. You ruined my life.

hahaha, 'candy factory'... me and my best friend (gently) belittled his 3 year old the other day when we caught him pickin' and eatin'...

If I were you I wouldn't impotently spread out your rage over a whole band, you should make it into something personal, spend alot of time getting all worked up and, finally, HUNT AND KILL MICHAEL SWEET!

Archived