to buy or not to buy the apple care protection

mental invalid

so would you say, that im:

1. retarded and cheap, the apple care is $183 bucks...your dropping a grand and change already...why not get the three year extended warranty you cheap dumb fuck...besides is a laptop and shit always happens and you know youre dumb ass will drop coffee on it...insurance sucks, but it sucks more when you dont have it...

or

2. a sucker...if shit goes wrong with the apple it will happen in the first year...besides are you really gonna keep the laptop for three years these days?? youll be outdated in 6 months and prehistoric in two years, dont be a dumb sucker and pay them for shit that you are not even gonna use...retard...besides its not gonna cover you dropping coffee on it...

voting will be closing at 420pm...

i appreciate all votes as well as personal experience stories

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That's a tough one. CAn't you buy the protection program a year after you get the machine, and that way get 4 years of service? But then again, in 4 years that shit'll be outdated...I really don't know anything, but what I'm trying to figure out is if I should get an Apple or another brand when i do decide to drop some dough on a laptop.

I' ve got the insurance. But I do alot of travelling with mine, so I just got it for peace of mind. I've had trouble in the past with cd/dvd drives. I'd say get it if you have the extra money to burn. Then you dont have to worry about your screen going out or anything. I hear apples service is extremely good.

first hand.. right here..

I bought a 17" powerbook in february and i also bought the extended warranty..

Im glad i did because im pretty shitty when it comes to taking care of the most expensive and important things in my life..

anything i buy over $1000 dollars gets a warranty. i'd rather have a warranty and never use it then not get it and get fucked out of my money if something were to happen. that shit would eat at me for years on end and with my bad luck, id rather fork up some extra dinero to protect my investment.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ordering a powerbook next week. I figure i'm already spending a couple grand, i might as well drop the extra couple hundred hundred just in case something happens. I'd rather spend that $200 and never have my computer fuck up than not spend it and have something happen to it and end up having to drop another couple grand on a new laptop.

apples are the BMW's of computers, they're trendy as fuck and got a good engine. don't get me wrong, i am actually going to be buying a powerbook before i move to new york(hopefully a g5 laptop will be out then) but my brother built my PC for half the price of a G5 and the thing is just as fucking sick, thats a lie, it's broken right now, im on my laptop. fuck pc. i am going to the apple store.