to anyone that knows flash...

seeking

im having this issue...

im making this flash intro and for some reason when its open, it fucks with the sound on my computer.... it makes cd's or mp3's stutter as if its fighting them for memory or something. anyone ever run into this?

to add another strange twist to it, if the browser window is open wiht the flash playing but another window is selected (like an IM window or smething) it works fine. it only creates problems when its the selected window...

i dont know if that makes sense or not, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know...

thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...when i go onto site with flash, that always happens to me, esp. if im using media player, nit really if im playing music through my cd....i dunno if this helps, but you mite wanna consider it on behalf of the viewer...does anyone know anygodd resources for learning flash? just took a web design class i wanna learn it...any help is good...rOe

maybe it has something to do with the memory on your comp... I had problems when working with flash because I had a shitload of stuff on my desktop (and I had alot of applications open).. once I 'cleaned house'.. it was working better.

Isn't there also a way that you can compress the file?

Stiches: How do you publish at a lower setting?

im runnign a p3 with 386m of ram... that shouldnt an issue for me...

i just tried it while listening to a cd, and it worked fine... its just mp3's. and also, as i said before, it only does it if the flash window is the one thats selected. if another browser window or even an IM window is selected, it doesnt cause a problem... strange.

maybe its just your MP3 player... see if you can get a newer version of whatever you use... also, if you use winamp, it has a Priority option, which would probably help, but i never tried it, cuz my Winamp gets kind of choppy when i do certain things too

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

flash 4 or 5??

also depends on how big the file is..

flash can obviously be a memory hog.

i just went through a week of shit getting mine to work properly.

you may have to limit the amout of other applications open to just flash.

im probably being redundant, but good luck nonetheless.

peace

Originally posted by seeking innocence:

im runnign a p3 with 386m of ram... that shouldnt an issue for me...

Maybe you should use Mac. There...I said it.

I never have these problems while working in flash.

------------------

Support low-budget graffiti publications!

http://a1060.g.akamai.net/f/1060/597/30minutes/www.imagestation.com/picture/pf2b8e9bb399efb96a39a54935067e69a/fe5b37d8.gif'>

DEAD IN THE DIRT

P.O. BOX 1030

Jeffersonville, IN

http://www.deadinthedirt.com

(new site coming soon)

http://www.koltershock1.net/gallery/leech.jpg'>

"We are rather stupid! My name is Moron. Thats me with the long tongue that i use to kill people with. How do i do that you ask!? HA! Simple! I wrap it around someones neck and then jump on my fiends back. From there, she runs fast so i drag the victim to supreme death. But it takes a while cuz she cant run that fast with an idiot on her back like me! TAH HEEEE! FUCK YOU! Anyway, Makro is mad and we dont know flash. Sorry!"

------------------

$$$666MAKROS666$$$

Archived