Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

to anyone that knows flash...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Jul 17, 2001.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

im having this issue...

im making this flash intro and for some reason when its open, it fucks with the sound on my computer.... it makes cd's or mp3's stutter as if its fighting them for memory or something. anyone ever run into this?
    to add another strange twist to it, if the browser window is open wiht the flash playing but another window is selected (like an IM window or smething) it works fine. it only creates problems when its the selected window...

i dont know if that makes sense or not, but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know...

thanks

2. neahs_number

neahs_number Member

[if it works fine one way.......do it that way... [​IMG]

3. stiches

stiches Member

Shut down all your other applications. It sounds like a resource problem. when you publish the movie and open it seperatly does it still do that? If nothing works kick your computer.

------------------
    six deep

4. stiches

stiches Member

oh, and publish it at a lower setting, or give me the website and I'll see if it does it to my computer.

5. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

...when i go onto site with flash, that always happens to me, esp. if im using media player, nit really if im playing music through my cd....i dunno if this helps, but you mite wanna consider it on behalf of the viewer...does anyone know anygodd resources for learning flash? just took a web design class i wanna learn it...any help is good...rOe

6. jades_blue

jades_blue Senior Member

maybe it has something to do with the memory on your comp... I had problems when working with flash because I had a shitload of stuff on my desktop (and I had alot of applications open).. once I 'cleaned house'.. it was working better.

Isn't there also a way that you can compress the file?

Stiches: How do you publish at a lower setting?

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

im runnign a p3 with 386m of ram... that shouldnt an issue for me...

i just tried it while listening to a cd, and it worked fine... its just mp3's. and also, as i said before, it only does it if the flash window is the one thats selected. if another browser window or even an IM window is selected, it doesnt cause a problem... strange.

8. Trend

Trend Member

maybe its just your MP3 player... see if you can get a newer version of whatever you use... also, if you use winamp, it has a Priority option, which would probably help, but i never tried it, cuz my Winamp gets kind of choppy when i do certain things too

9. Nic Thamaire

Nic Thamaire Elite Member

i think you cannot play multiple sound at the same time.its like a conflict whatever the ram yu got...

10. stiches

stiches Member

publish settings. you can change quality without degrading the movie much but it's a faster download and less stess on your computer.

------------------
    six deep

11. jungle cat

jungle cat Elite Member

you dont have sound added to the movie correct?

just put it on a 'test' webpage.. and watch it from there.. if it still fucks with your music.. try it from a different computer.. if that doesnt work.. uh..kick someones ass out of frustration.

12. theFUME

theFUME Senior Member

thats a funny expression lol

------------------
    "So analyze me surprise me but cant magmatize me"
    -nas

13. flash 4 or 5??
    also depends on how big the file is..
    flash can obviously be a memory hog.
    i just went through a week of shit getting mine to work properly.
    you may have to limit the amout of other applications open to just flash.
    im probably being redundant, but good luck nonetheless.
    peace

14. ZENYTH.ASP

ZENYTH.ASP Senior Member

Maybe you should use Mac. There...I said it.

I never have these problems while working in flash.

------------------
    Support low-budget graffiti publications!
    http://a1060.g.akamai.net/f/1060/597/30minutes/www.imagestation.com/picture/pf2b8e9bb399efb96a39a54935067e69a/fe5b37d8.gif'>
    DEAD IN THE DIRT
    P.O. BOX 1030
    Jeffersonville, IN
    [url]www.deadinthedirt.com[/url]
    (new site coming soon)

15. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

http://www.koltershock1.net/gallery/leech.jpg'>
    "We are rather stupid! My name is Moron. Thats me with the long tongue that i use to kill people with. How do i do that you ask!? HA! Simple! I wrap it around someones neck and then jump on my fiends back. From there, she runs fast so i drag the victim to supreme death. But it takes a while cuz she cant run that fast with an idiot on her back like me! TAH HEEEE! FUCK YOU! Anyway, Makro is mad and we dont know flash. Sorry!"

------------------
    $$$[i]666[b]MAKROS[/b]666[/i]$$$