To all who oppose the war.

bobthebuilder

OK I like everyone expressing their opinions, simple fact is; If we didnt get that oil, Alcunts would. Fuck the politics of the whole situation, UNLESS you want to push your fucking car around... do some thinking. We have a rediculous economy which is based on oil, without it this country will fall apart. I am an officer in the USMC(on leave) and serve my country proudly, I DONT bitch and moan like many do. Perhaps you would rather be leading the assault in Normandy and opening your door to mg42 bullets... veterans had so much more shit to face regarding the chances of getting killed. Im tired of every young motherfucker thinking he knows something, if you dont like the war too bad... bush didnt do it for his fucking pleasure. I dont like bush for many reasons...the way he went into Iraq is one of them but like I said... this is something that we needed to do sooner or later to ensure Americas survival in the future. WE BUILT THIS ECONOMY AND WE HAVE TO SUBSTAIN IT.

Hydrogen is not an alternative fuel..if anyone inquires why I will explain..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt for war in iraq, "war will raise our economy" bullshit, gas prices have gone up, our economy sucks becuase of the war, but since theres nothing we can do to stop it, bush Might as well do us all a favor and take some oil back with him, if he doesnt, then id really be pissed. after that well probly go to war with north korea, and so will be the beginning of wwIII then well really be screwed. I love america, but I hate its current leader.

Originally posted by GEEB@Jan 8 2005, 10:38 PM

I wasnt for war in iraq, "war will raise our economy" bullshit, gas prices have gone up, our economy sucks becuase of the war, but since theres nothing we can do to stop it, bush Might as well do us all a favor and take some oil back with him, if he doesnt, then id really be pissed. after that well probly go to war with north korea, and so will be the beginning of wwIII then well really be screwed. I love america, but I hate its current leader.

You are too young(maybe) to understand this... its not about oil prices, that has nothing to do with it... this is just ensuring that we have control over the third largest oil reserve in theworld which can last us for quite a long time.

Originally posted by bobthebuilder+Jan 8 2005, 08:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobthebuilder - Jan 8 2005, 08:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GEEB@Jan 8 2005, 10:38 PM

You are too young(maybe) to understand this... its not about oil prices, that has nothing to do with it... this is just ensuring that we have control over the third largest oil reserve in theworld which can last us for quite a long time.

[/b]

yes i am young an im still learning, Please teach me tha ways of the shaolin diplomacy, master!

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Jan 8 2005, 10:27 PM

OK I like everyone expressing their opinions, simple fact is; If we didnt get that oil, Alcunts would. Fuck the politics of the whole situation, UNLESS you want to push your fucking car around... do some thinking. We have a rediculous economy which is based on oil, without it this country will fall apart. I am an officer in the USMC(on leave) and serve my country proudly, I DONT bitch and moan like many do. Perhaps you would rather be leading the assault in Normandy and opening your door to mg42 bullets... veterans had so much more shit to face regarding the chances of getting killed. Im tired of every young motherfucker thinking he knows something, if you dont like the war too bad... bush didnt do it for his fucking pleasure. I dont like bush for many reasons...the way he went into Iraq is one of them but like I said... this is something that we needed to do sooner or later to ensure Americas survival in the future. WE BUILT THIS ECONOMY AND WE HAVE TO SUBSTAIN IT.

Hey man, you're right...except you almost sound like Cheney or Bush...which makes you wrong.

Originally posted by hobo knife+Jan 8 2005, 11:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hobo knife - Jan 8 2005, 11:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-bobthebuilder@Jan 8 2005, 10:27 PM

Hey man, you're right...except you almost sound like Cheney or Bush...which makes you wrong.

[/b]

No chaney and bush are saying this war isnt for oil and all that bullshit... I dont like either of em because of my hatred towards corprate america.. which both of them are heavily assoicated with.

i ride a bike.

the oil is going to run out in about 30 years anyway.

shit, that's being optimistic.

predictions about the u.s oil wealth are widely varied.

the bottom line is we need an alternative to the internal combustion engine.

the president has stretched the country so thin, gotten into so much debt, we might just be in a hole we can't get out of.

i'm all for the troops getting home healthy, but trying to take over the middle east is not the answer to our energy problems.

there needs to be a fundamental change in attitude, that is reflected in the way our country is built and run, before the economy and our environment are destoyed.

Originally posted by symbols@Jan 8 2005, 11:39 PM

i ride a bike.

the oil is going to run out in about 30 years anyway.

shit, that's being optimistic.

predictions about the u.s oil wealth are widely varied.

the bottom line is we need an alternative to the internal combustion engine.

the president has stretched the country so thin, gotten into so much debt, we might just be in a hole we can't get out of.

i'm all for the troops getting home healthy, but trying to take over the middle east is not the answer to our energy problems.

there needs to be a fundamental change in attitude, that is reflected in the way our country is built and run, before the economy and our environment are destoyed.

There is more then enough oil for over 150 years, if it was 30 years our economy would fail right now. The only way out of the middle east is an alternative energy source..until one is found.. we have secured the future of our children. Dont forget 1300 soldiers is rougly 1 tenth of what america looses each year to gun violence. Earth is getting devestated by the fossil fuels being burned. You can laugh at this alternative but it will be done if something is not invented soon; we will be moving our planet over on its axis.. which will change the direction the suns rays hits the earth in return which will give us brand new ozone status...

150 years?!

i'm sorry but you are really kidding yourself.

china's economy is exploding right now, and guess what?

they love cars too.

no one really though t about that.

people are not even factoring in that half a billion people might suddenly get off their bikes in china and start getting into cars.

even cnn admits that optimistic predictions put the peak in 40 years.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/09/28/how.much.oil.01/

"CNN's Natalie Pawelski finds estimates range from 10 to 50 years until production peaks"

haha its bout time sumone started a topic bout this shit. i agree with bob the builder on many points. i do support bush and cheney wit many things and dnt wit some things. bottom line the postive outweighs the negative. if there were more reaosns to not go to war than to go to war, we wouldnt have done it. and bob had a good point. dman people bitchin these days about how many soldiers have died in iraq. give me a fucken break. i wish the death count here was the same for previous wars, maybe my grandfathers n shit would be alive. 1300 is NOTHING. i know a life is priceless but cmon, dis is bullshit. and after i saw that iraqi television showed muslims blaming america for starting the earthquake and in turn the tsusani that just made me more pissed. thats fukin insane. americans these days are all bout peoples rights and thrid world country protection n shit. SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST MOTHERFUCKER. if the piss us off. we bomb em. they die, end of story. thats the way the world was run for thousands of years. peace, ill post more of my crappy opinion later

Originally posted by symbols@Jan 8 2005, 11:54 PM

150 years?!

i'm sorry but you are really kidding yourself.

china's economy is exploding right now, and guess what?

they love cars too.

no one really though t about that.

people are not even factoring in that half a billion people might suddenly get off their bikes in china and start getting into cars.

even cnn admits that optimistic predictions put the peak in 40 years.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/09/28/how.much.oil.01/

"CNN's Natalie Pawelski finds estimates range from 10 to 50 years until production peaks"

You along with other people forget that there is oil in TAR sands... which right now costs alot to extract so gas would cost a bit more.. but its there if we ever need it... we currently use 20mil barrlels per day.. china i think has some 5?.. You also forget most of china is in poverty so their car per person ratio will never be high. WE will destroy this world before we run out of oil.. trust me on this one.

Also to the guy above. Please dont refer to 1300 as nothing. Many of marines from fellow units on base have been killed, each one is an individuall with a family and payed the ultimate price. 1300 is nothing compared to any conflict out there but is still sad to see fellow americans loose their lives.. btw we are extremley sucessfull in IRAQ unlike the media leads you to belive. You said everything correctly im just making sure its in the right connotation.

As for the people in IRAQ.. many of them are really assbags, when we are not there they bitch, when we are there they say we occupy them and tell us to leave. They blame us for Insurgents blowing up car bombs and killing the civilians... the only way to defeat an insurgency in a URBAN zone is by its residents... if they arent willing to fight for their saftey...why should we?

china is developing pretty rapidly.

their economy is seeing the type of growth that has economists very worried.

if they get a handle on it, they are going to be a huge force in the world economy.

these oil figures are coming from geophysicists who get paid to predict how much oil there is.

i am not just making this shit up.

our energy dependence will destroy us, i have no doubts about it.

http://www.hubbertpeak.com/

Originally posted by symbols@Jan 9 2005, 12:10 AM

china is developing pretty rapidly.

their economy is seeing the type of growth that has economists very worried.

if they get a handle on it, they are going to be a huge force in the world economy.

these oil figures are coming from geophysicists who get paid to predict how much oil there is.

i am not just making this shit up.

our energy dependence will destroy us, i have no doubts about it.

http://www.hubbertpeak.com/

I understand you, but they are not counting many ifs and buts... and alot of those ifs and buts are in the 90% range... their counts are acquired from the currently KNOWN oil reserves... they dont count the tar sands and so forth... there will soon be technology to extract the DEEEEP sea oil...which there is an estimated(calculated from known oil abundance across the world) Billions upon Billions of Barrels... Like i said, our enviorement cant take much more of this, we secured our Immediate need in Iraq..oil that is easily accesible while a new energy source is developed (not Hydrogen)

Oh yea.. and about chinas development...china is not like the US...china has HEAVY limitations which will stop them from rising past a point of usage..... ive been to china, many of the places there are thrid world country like.. and that wont change. The people there are simple and have no american materialism ideals.

a friend of mine was telling me about an oil drill she heard about that was the size of a goddamn football field.

i mean what the hell is that all about. and then we are just going to burn it all up and it's going to be gone. that simple.

i mean fine bob, what if they are wrong, and they aren't counting all this other crap. and no other nations develop unexpectedly (one of the other unkowns YOU are not factoring in for example)..

so then what.

it is still going to run out.

there is not any viable alternative technology, and people are getting even more attached to gas guzzling vehicles and energy sucking inventions.. no one is being smart about shit or even attempting to conserve.

i can only imagine that havoc that will be wreaked when the wells run dry.

we are already at war over it, do you really think this would be happening so soon if the situation was not so desperate?

yo bob i get you and yea i know each marine and such who died has a family and i do feel bad. but im glad u get wat im trying to get across. sum rediculous number in the MILLIONS died in world war 2 alojne. like 20 mil or more. cmon, we should be greatful that half the men in the ocuntry arent dead. as for iragi civilians, ur right. either they say u dnt care cuz u aint there or when u there ur invading there cities and causing trouble...itsw never good enough

China is the world's fastest growing auto market. According Chinese government statistics, over two million cars were sold in the country in 2003, a nearly 80 percent increase over 2002.

Only three of every thousand Chinese own a car today. But in an economically expanding nation of some 1.3 billion people, it's not hard to envision that China could someday become the world's largest auto market. Foreign automakers have long seen the Asian giant's potential—and spent billions to gain market share in China.

"China is currently the world's second largest consumer, but still only consumes about one-third as much oil as the U.S.," said Jeffrey Logan, China program manager for the International Energy Agency.

Logan notes that "growth is increasing very rapidly," however, and said Chinese demand for oil grew more than 10 percent last year and is expected to be about 13 percent this year. "Car ownership and industrial production are the main drivers of this growth in oil demand," he said.

A decade ago, automobiles in China guzzled around 10 percent of the country's total oil usage. Today, cars now consume a third of all the oil used.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...acars.html#main

i hope your fucking kidding. some of the most important and respective economists are saying that are country is practically dieing. the economy is absolutely horrible. the environment is absolutley horrible aswell. we could be spending this money on environmentalist groups. global warming is happening as we speak. the tsunami, all these volcanos erupting, the biggest polar ice cap in the WORLD split in 2 a few weeks ago! the netherlands is melting! in alaska, its like 60 degrees! do you really think that global warming doesnt exist, and we shouldnt be spending money on this shit? u actually think that killing 10s of thousands of people for oil? when actually, its not helping the citizens of the states?

i hope your not this stupid.

im moving to canada as soon as possible...bush is ruining this country. i guarentee in 20 years (if the earth exists in 20 years) that the US is split in atleast 4 countries.

Seems like we go through this every few months or so.

Oil is going to run out within 30 years.

Hubberts peak shows extracting past the halfway point of known reserves becomes increasingly costly.

We cannot even go to the ocean floor.

China is developing faster than a speeding bullet and any smart money man recognizes this and is jumping on this.

And just where are you getting your information from? Is this from the ministry of disinformation or something?

Originally posted by SeOnEr@Jan 9 2005, 12:36 AM

i hope your fucking kidding. some of the most important and respective economists are saying that are country is practically dieing. the economy is absolutely horrible. the environment is absolutley horrible aswell. we could be spending this money on environmentalist groups. global warming is happening as we speak. the tsunami, all these volcanos erupting, the biggest polar ice cap in the WORLD split in 2 a few weeks ago! the netherlands is melting! in alaska, its like 60 degrees! do you really think that global warming doesnt exist, and we shouldnt be spending money on this shit? u actually think that killing 10s of thousands of people for oil? when actually, its not helping the citizens of the states?

i hope your not this stupid.

im moving to canada as soon as possible...bush is ruining this country. i guarentee in 20 years (if the earth exists in 20 years) that the US is split in atleast 4 countries.

He is helping the citizens of the united states so that your children have oil to live off of. Global warming is a COMPLETE differnt aspect of this whole thing, without that oil we would fail as a nation and probably die out soon after.(not so oil dependant invaders) Oil consumption throughout the world is liek 130 mil barrels per day... if you take all of our consumption -20mil you are still left with 110mil a day.... do you think its all USs fault? Good luck in canada and dont ever call people stupid just because you fail to comprehend.

I dont fucking understand where people get the idea that US is the only nation who uses oil... and we are responsible for all of the global warming. There are many nations that use COAL as the main energy source... do you think that helps anything? Global warming is the worlds problem not just Americas. Canadians have their own filthy habits which i dont care to discuss in this thread.

Omg bob... your figures are all wrong. link some facts and quit polluting the board.

And there are all sorts of viable alternative energies. I saw a science competition that created literally 10s of thousands of alternative energy sources. Some that could draw electrons out of thin air. I shit you not.

Originally posted by villain@Jan 9 2005, 12:47 AM

Omg bob... your figures are all wrong. link some facts and quit polluting the board.

And there are all sorts of viable alternative energies. I saw a science competition that created literally 10s of thousands of alternative energy sources. Some that could draw electrons out of thin air. I shit you not.

Did i say that we shouldnt look for alternatives? Did i say we dont need to look for alternatives? WE WENT AFTER WHAT OUR ECONOMY CURRENTLY NEEDS, we cant jsut fucking switch to a different energy source.. you know how many millions of us jobs depend on oil?

Villan also read my last post above this.