TN teen sniper

casekonly

this happened right down the road from me, and it goes further than that, the kids dad has a brother who works with and is friends with my parents.

really sad news, but i figured it would end up the way it did. even making it to national news wasn't surprising. i feel really bad for the family, it's saturating the news here, and now it's national. fuck the media.

r.i.p. to both of the victims.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teen found dead after standoff

Officer killed in confrontation

Saturday, March 13, 2004 Posted: 4:44 PM EST (2144 GMT)

LENOIR CITY, Tennessee (AP) -- The teenage son of a prosecutor killed a sheriff's deputy and barricaded himself in his home before he was found dead inside Saturday with an apparently self-inflicted gunshot to the head, officials said.

Michael Harvey, 16, was found in an upstairs bedroom of his lakeside home, said Loudon County Sheriff Tim Guider. He said the teenager had been dead for up to 20 hours.

Harvey fired on SWAT team officers Friday afternoon from the home, where he had semiautomatic weapons with multiple 30-round magazines. No shots were fired after that, authorities said.

"As hard as we worked to make contact and as patient as we were, we were hoping for a different resolution," Guider said.

Harvey's father, Frank Harvey, is an assistant district attorney for Loudon County.

The confrontation started Friday morning when officers went to investigate a domestic violence complaint from the boy's mother, who had fled to a neighbor's house. She allegedly was attacked with a pipe when she refused to let the boy drive to school after drinking the night before.

The first officer to arrive, Deputy Jason Scott, was fatally shot as he stepped out of his car, Guider said. He was shot four times, and a second officer retreated under fire and called for backup.

"Deputies answered the call not knowing there were any weapons in the house," Guider said.

Sheriff Tim Guider cries as he details the ambush killing of one of his officers, Jason Scott.

A SWAT team once made it into the garage before turning back, and robots sent into the house were blocked by obstacles. Four officers suffered minor injuries from debris when the teenager shot at them as they hid behind a woodpile.

Officers fired tear gas into the house but got no response, and the teen did not answer calls or efforts to contact him over loudspeakers. Some of Harvey's relatives went to the scene trying to coax him into coming out, a spokeswoman for the Loudon County sheriff's department said early Saturday.

The boy's mother was treated at a local hospital and released.

Scott, 24, was a three-year veteran of the department whose wife is expecting their first child. Through tears, Guider described him as "a wonderful young man, very lively, very friendly, very outgoing."

Ed Sullivan, Harvey's youth minister at United Church of Christ Church of the Savior in Knoxville, told The Knoxville News Sentinel that the teen slit his wrists last fall and spent some time in Peninsula Hospital, a mental health facility.

Still, Sullivan said he was shocked. "He's a quiet kid, a gentle kid," Sullivan said.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nah, the d.a. dad wasn't beating the wife, they are christians and all nice and whatnot.

something came out in the news recently about this gun collection pops had...filled with semi-autos and whatnot. the gun the kid was using was one of his dads sks rifles. fuuuuuunnnnyyyyy! fuckin rednecks and their guns.

anyway, when asked about the guns by the police, d.a. dad said that the kid had more weapons and ammo than the 150 cops that were surrounding his house.

whooopty motherfuckin' doo!

also, the kid had been "training" with some friends out in the woods...blasting bottles and whatnot. coulda been another columbine high thing. that one cop may have made the ultimate sacrifice for the betterment of the area. who knows.

[Hook]

In my project [5x]

[Verse 1]

Dawg my project is sweetin

But if you ain't from where I'm from, like some dawg

don't come or you gettin beatin

Yeah we cheatin dog that's automatic

We greedy, plus we try'n beat the needy dawg wit all the Cadillacs

Steal from the rich and give to the poor

We sell a few drugs, bust a few slugs, and pimp a few hoes

Don't let us find a bit in higgity

Dawg we turn them into stiggidies

With shorties off in riggidies

So if you ain't from here or wit my guys

Don't even roll thru playa cuz all the traffic gettin minimized

Cries for help cuz you got carjacked

Niggaz roll for a minute then pass it to the hypes to sell the car back

And once she get it, it be stripped down

Thugs, they got your system and your dubs and want your crib now

Ya'll betta give the hood respect

Cuz it pay to play for a day up in my projects

[Chorus]

In my projects, my project thick

In my projects, everybody cooks bricks

In my projects, my projects thick

Don't come to my projects if you ain't wit dis clique

[Verse 2]

Now let me tell you bout them kingpins

Droppin Y2K Benz on them rims, bringin 15 in

They dishin it out, they keep it in circulation

They dodgin the Fedz, and suckas is playa hatin

They got the whole hood stacked up

And now the po's walkin on the showroom floor buyin 'Lac Trucks

They stuck in the ghetto by choice

But if they go, it's jacuzzis and condos, where's the Rolls Royce

Now voice your opinion

You heard about the 'War On Drugs'

now won't you tell me who you think winnin

Spendin money by the pounds flowin' dubs,

on the 'Burbans with the subs,

and they twerkin bumpin Coo Coo Cal

And the hood love hoodrats

On the bus-stop shakin it like it's hot with some good cat

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]

Dawg, go on and sum it up between the grind with dimes

Crimes and rhymes, ya'll we comin up

From sundown to sun-up, ha

The block watch, peekin out the attic in case you run up

Wit diamonds and furs, he's and her's

Shoppin sprees with ease to fill up a 2000 Suburb, ha

Dawg my projects got taste,

all that ring ain't nuthin but two-fifty

We sportin five thousand dollar drapes

Makin it happen, wit snappin to avoid that - anchor

Hook me up with plenty tracks to keep a playa rappin

So put my city on the map

Hook me up wit million dollar vocal cords,

I can afford a million on a track

You do the addin and subtractin

Wastin time just to figure out, without a doubt, that we stackin

[Chorus]

fucking psycho nerds. i hate them

my old high school was full of violent, disturbed geeks that were always making threats. seriously i'd like to round up all those socially-retarded morons and ship them to a remote island.

Originally posted by BOZACK

fucking psycho nerds. i hate them

my old high school was full of violent, disturbed geeks that were always making threats. seriously i'd like to round up all those socially-retarded morons and ship them to a remote island.

yeah, i had some of those freaks at some schools i've attended. thank goodness i've been out of highschool for a long time now.

what is it about the south??? maybe that's why i refuse to drink the water down here.

Yeah, those violent nerds are fucked up. There are a few in my school, who've supposedly made plans to kill certain people. Especially this one kid, he's the biggest star wars nerd ever. He camped out for all the star wars movies, and CBC even did a half an hour show, documenting his life, and how he loves star wars.

Archived