timeout for drugs

Guest Ted Wakowski

Guest Ted Wakowski

Hey Smart

Feel free to close this if you need to. I just wondered why drug threads get the boot now. There were some cool discussions about drugs on here that I liked reading/responding to...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Basically, Mr. Raven is kinda fed up and he doesn't really want his board to be about that. I think it's basically like the theft subject, it's marginally related to graff but not really what it's all about.

He's concerned about the fact that there are so many 14 year olds around and so many that think on that level, so he wants to keep this as 'family freindly' as possible to that end.

There's Erowid and so amny other places on the web for drug discussion that he feels we don't really need it here. I agree in as much as I've never started a thread directly relating to drugs, but I make refernces to my own... uh... agenda every so often and he's asked us to tone it down and eliminate the blatant.

not to sound like a dick head but since when did this message board turn into the disney channel. This a board where discuassions of illegal activites are discussed, bragged about, and praised.

Also before I have posted threads where I ask questions about a specific drug, and people experiences and known side effests. i.e. When a girl I was dating decided she wanted to do absinthe and I asled some people about it on here and heard nothing but bad things. Is this form of discussion also banned?

ps Zack poop on my dick Morris is not trying to sound like a dick but is just wanting to make a statement and ask a question.

not the Disney Channel, more like Raven's house, if he says no crack smoking, then... NO CRACK SMOKING... see?

This isn't a board about illegal activities, it's about GRAFFITI, which is sometimes illegal, different subject, different story.

After a few threads that rubbed me wrong, I decided I'd rather not see any threads that focus excusively on discussions about drugs. It was a tough decision and to be honest, I'm not 100% happy that I had to make it. I do what I can to promote open discussion and the free exchange of ideas, however, I wont allow it at the expense of community, and fact is that's not the type of community I'm trying to promote.

Many users here seem to have the disillusioned idea that this is a public forum with no rules, when in fact, this happens to be a private message board on a private server, that I'm paying for, but am gracious enough to allow relatively loose access to. I do it cause for the most part I enjoy meeting people with similar interests, and because I feel it's a positive way to give back to a culture I've long been a part of. My hopes are that it serves as a place where people can meet and network, and possibly learn something new along the way. In an ideal world that's all it would be. Unfortunately, in the real world we have to deal with cops monitoring discussions, assholes trolling through discussions looking for the attention they dont get at home, and kids so dumb that it surprises me that natural order hasnt already weeded them out of the gene pool.

Those of you that know me, know without question that I'm naturally a fair person, and always open to well considered suggestion, as well as criticism. If something rubs you wrong, speak up in a way thats intelligent and we'll discuss it. Maybe we'll even change it if I feel you have a valid point. However, when push comes to shove, your still a guest in my house, and if I dont like your attitude you wont be allowed in.

If your looking for a public forum where you can go have a free for all, go hang out on alt.graffiti cause this certainly isnt the place.

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by Misteraven

kids so dumb that it surprises me that natural order hasnt already weeded them out of the gene pool.

Who said I was a kid?

Would some one, be it raven or smart or any one who would know please answer the following:Are members no longer able to make refference's to substance use?Im only curious because if it is to come up in a thread im not sure if this rule prohibits responses or wether we should fee free to speak to speak on the subject, should the matter arise.

I can understand The position Misteraven is coming from and i dont intend to challenge it, he pays for the server and he says what can and cant go, fair enough.

But if some one would clarify this for me id appreciate it.

Guest --zeSto--

^ common sence and self moderation.

Before you post.. think to yourself...

Is this raising the quality of the fourm, or not?

and chances are, it it's illegal, you shouldn't be admiting it online !

^^I totally agree. Check out threads like that old 'Black writers', they make my stomach churn.

Drugs probably play a part in the lives of the majority of people in here, I dont see why sharing experences good or bad in a non graff content place have to be banned.

Archived