Time you've been with your Significant Other?

Gunm

I just celebrated 5 years with my gf this weekend. It's a pretty decent thing holding down a sweet chick like that. Things are pretty decent all things considered what not with some fights, arguements and differences along the way but, all in all time well spent.

So folks, what length of time have you spent thus far with your current squeeze?

How are things going?

Any regrets?

WHat about things you're amped on?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats!

well we celebrate our 6 year on may 6th.

no regrets. i wouldnt be the person that i am today if it werent for him.

how are things going? honestly ever since he got this new job, things have been sorta rocky but its not like we havent been through these types of situation. you just roll with the punches and support each other as much as you can. thats the best that a person in a relationship can do if you really do love the other person. he is by far, the best human being in the world to me.

what am i amped on? experiencing more with him.

6 years:

-a lot of learning

-lots of laughs (the stomach hurting ones even!)

-plenty of compromising

-tons of sex

-finally someone to trust 100%

-experiences

-first times

-someone to come home to

-a lot of support

Originally posted by T=E=A=S=E

22 years.

my hand has always been there for me, through thick and thin, all that lovey dovey shit, wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

although i have said similar many times before, i still have to laugh

me and my girl been together for almost 2 years, its super rough at this point thought cuz she is in the army and away. She has been gone for a long time, june i think. She just came home, i dont know what is going to happen with us, and honestly i been super sad and super depressed about it lately, but whatever happens happens i guess, ill still be alive...i guess.......yeah yeah yeah yeah, usher steez....

well, we started sleeping together a little more than a year and a half ago if memory serves...the actual relationship number is an unknown. it sort of turned into a relationship over time.

dev:

how long did it take to know that you now trust him 100%? have there been times when you seriously doubted him?

Originally posted by rental

dev:

how long did it take to know that you now trust him 100%? have there been times when you seriously doubted him?

how long did it take? it was a process through the whole relationship. i've been fucked in the past and knowing the person that i am, i hold grudges to the grave. its hard for me to trust anyone for that matter. i'm fucked up when it comes to trusting people.

honestly, i realized that i really do trust him. it was the past and feelings that i'm already over with, that got in the way of me thinking straight and not seeing what was right in front of me; a man that has been with me through thick and thin and still is right next to me ya know? its hard to think or even see what situation you are in when you have all these feelings just coming at you and hurting you. it took me a while to realize that i am holding on to the past for way too long. now i know.

Originally posted by onesecondple

although i have said similar many times before, i still have to laugh

me and my girl been together for almost 2 years, its super rough at this point thought cuz she is in the army and away. She has been gone for a long time, june i think. She just came home, i dont know what is going to happen with us, and honestly i been super sad and super depressed about it lately, but whatever happens happens i guess, ill still be alive...i guess.......yeah yeah yeah yeah, usher steez....

let it burn...

2 years right hurr

http://www.archives.gov/exhibit_hall/portrait_of_black_chicago/images/chicago_ghetto.jpg'>

"Hey LENS, mah brotha -- don't let THE MAN tell you how to run yo relationships! Next time a cat wanna be a sucka' an' git in yo bidness, beat that jive-ass turkey's ass LENS! Powuh to the people! Now gimme back dat 8-track I let you borrow over the weekend mothafucka!"

2 and a half years, with a little bit of time apart sprinkled in there. Through the realtionship in the past, she was always about spending time together and sacrificing a lot of shit with each other and while i was down with that, i still wanted to spend some time with my boys. Recently we broke up for about a month, cause things had just gotten bad. In that month i realised how much she meant and that someday, i wanted to marry her. So i won her back and it was all sweet, but now shits reversed. I'm all about hanging out and doing shit together, but she won't think twice about asking me if it's alright if she can ditch a night we planned to do something together to go out and party. No bitch, it ain't alright. I dunno why i'm even writing all this.