TIME MACHINE (the recent version)

Guest Good Morning Captain

.WARNING :IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THIS MOVIE, DONT READ UNLESS YOU DONT CARE ABOUT HAVING SOME OF THE PLOT REVEALED.

Can someone whos seen this movie explain something for me? What was the answer to his question. Why cant he change the past? When that Jeremy Irons guy was explaining it, it was kinda confusing. He said something like his time machine was the reason why evolution had gone the way it had after the moon broke up. We were like wha!:spent:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, that part was pretty unclear.

Let's see. First, he was explaining the current state of humanity. Due to the Moon's orbit being thrown into whack, some humans decided to go underground, (i.e. 12 monkeys). Others managed to survive above ground. The underground humans evolved into the different species of Morlocks, etc.

Then they move on to the question, and this part was strangley incoherent to me. Like the whole dialogue just stopped making sense and became foreign.

I don't recall anything about them saying that the time machine had any effect on the past. <shrug>

Originally posted by mental invalid

captain, is it worth seeing if the orginal was a staple of your childhood movie experience?

I would say yes. I never read the book but I do remember the movie that was made in the 60's. The original was very crude (like the miniture cars and marmalade spewing volcano) but this new version has alot of nice effects. The morlocks in this version are just like the regular looking people in the 60s version, and the talking rings in the original are now a know it all talking hologram guy. I liked this movie alot.

9ign, I was talking about the part when Jeremy Irons said he was a product of the time machine. Remember that? I took that to mean that evolution had gone the way it did because of the time machine. So maybe you can change the future but not the past. this is deep stuff..haha.

Guest willy.wonka

my brother and i just saw that movie....

the answer givin to him was that he needs to stop trying....

but he found his answer in the future with that flower girl.....

one thing that i didnt get...why was the psychic not able to see alexander attacking him?

that movie could have been longer and showed more stuff...yah know?

Archived