Tie

Guest HALOHZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and more.............................

http://www.hifiart.com/hifiart9801/murals/sfmurals/tiequick.jpg'>

http://www.hifiart.com/hifiart9801/murals/sfmurals/tie.jpg'>

http://www.hifiart.com/hifiart9801/murals/sfmurals/tiewall.jpg'>

http://www.hifiart.com/hifiart9801/murals/sfmurals/tiekcw.jpg'>

http://www.hifiart.com/hifiart9801/murals/sfmurals/solid_seotruck.jpg'>

http://www.hifiart.com/hifiart9801/murals/other/tiesaf.JPG'>

http://www.hifiart.com/hifiart9801/murals/other/prtie.jpg'>

http://www.hifiart.com/hifiart9801/murals/sfy2k/josh2k/27_112600_tie.jpg'>

http://www.hifiart.com/hifiart9801/murals/sf2k1/015_03.jpg'>

again these are all stolen from hifiart.com. there needs to be a collection of tie shit on here so please add to this. if you werent in sf when he was bombing, you might not even know how influenced by him you are. since sf gets a rediculous amount of magazine coverage for such a small scene you probably have seen and been affected by ties work. he was amazing. i have NEVER seen some one who bombed as hard as him. i know tie spent some time in nyc. nyc is a land of throwups with a far more refined culture to its styles and techniques. i dont necesarily believe tie was the first to do any of the following but here are some elements to his bombing that he definately blew up on the west coast. things like

-rocking buff spots hard regardless, showing everyone just how random the buff was at the time. some of the grayest walls were running for months with tie or seo outlines bouncing up and down as he made his path.

-the one line throwup............. done before but speed was the name of his game. he was bombing tie with mq who has a much simpler throwup and you could tell he was keeping up. even became more aerodynamic with seo and its 3 sweeping lines that made them so fresh, you could see the motion of his bombing and it was fucking exciting.

-painting through the window grates. GNARLY spots on market and mission.

-doing such "weird" (at the time) tags at a point in sg graff where a lot of people were still trying to perfect their twist hands or trying ot be gangsters with their cholo letters.

- doing the, "backwards reversed inside the windows of the building you just broke into" trick. on one of the tightest buildings ever on market with fate 5 stories of windows with like 7 on each floor. (i couldn't find pictures of this spot. anyone got it?) many people would do this after, creating a whole new kind of shot to seek out.

-making a point of painting over multiple surfaces. not fitting into the typical spaces everyone would gently place their graffiti into. tie would blast over the brick wall onto the glass door filling inover the door frame and circling your doorbell with the dot of his "e". and all seemingly on purpose with speed. tie created the most amazing compositions on the walls he painted, seeking out interesting things to paint over and juxtapose into his outlines. sometimes not filling in so you could see just what it was that attracted him to the spot.

-the 3 dot halo on your throwup or tag. or adding the three lines to the halo on your tag. (he definately didnt do this first. but after he was rocking it it worked its way in to a lot of peoples repertoirs.)

-connecting the lines of your throwup to show the overlap of your next letter. (do you know what i mean?) look at the way the i is both behind and in front of his t. this trick was later adopted by fate. to place his t behind and infront of his throw. very fresh.

-leaving the part of his t un-outlined. you know the spiral part. i definately saw twist dothis on the west coast years before but since tie ive seen an awefull lot of people utilizing that spiral or letting that fill mist into the background unrestrained by an outline.

-just an overall trend to doing what at the time were considered weird and ny looking throwups. now it seems everyone has a throwup in this style. remember when west coast throwups sucked? people would do those throws where the top of everyletter had the same wispy point thing? i remember, i used to do them.

so many people were so motivated to rock during his reign and after he was killed. i remember people even saying things like " so and so is just trying to paint like tie." or "its seems just cause tie started rocking so and so has been painting so much more." it was funny that painting a lot was "trying to belike tie" guys like kept abandoned anal german thin tip piecing to become a throwup monster. (also very influential in the school of what many would call "ugly") or how about all the ocho no 3d outline stuff that popped up, and later people like kers lewy and flare trying to take it to and even more rediculous level rocking madman stocktip fillins in the hottest spots. i dont think im taking away from any of these peoples bombing by saying tie had a hand in it.

this is kinda long winded. but i just hope some people can get a taste of how fucking amazing he was. i remember specifically going downtown and thinking "fuck!, this guy is going out every night" his throwups always had the emotion, movement, and feeling of BOMBING!! laced with adrenaline that was completely contagious.

when he was shot it seemed almost fitting in a horrific way. it made you wonder just how long could he keep it up. what way could this story end. a lot of bombers age into the cynical piecers that they are now but that just didnt make sense for tie. but i can imagine he would have excelled onto the next level as well. he was murdered tragically young. he never saw 19.

his killer will get his in some way some form, karma's a reality and it will catch up.................................................

tie influenced my graff and my life, yours too and you might not even know it. thanks for listening

-jerk182

Guest Can you sign my book???

I hadnt heard of Tie until about a year before his death, then when I moved to Brooklyn I used to see the Coney Island lines smashed by him and Setup...All that stuff is still there till this day...RIP...I wish I flicked stuff....

MUCH RESPECT TO TIE

I never personally knew Tie(RIP) but i did meet him in Frisco at the Coors Factory wall a couple of months before his death. I met Tie and Beneto(RIP). They were pretty coo guys one of my boys was with me that inherated the name Sesk that was passed down to him from Tie. Its a trip that i met these 2 guys and they both happened to have an unfortunate future. I've been seeing Tie change in time. Imember when he used to live in Santa Clara 408 and was rockin Sesk REDS RTC crews. The TA was gettin rocked his infamous Sesk pole shots with spray paint were dope. Even when i got locked up at the Juvenile Hall In San Jose in my cell on the steel window pane there was a TIE scribed in it. Fuck it sucks that someone who was really putting it down 200% had to leave us. RIP TIE RIP BENETO....

Guest FreeDaddy

much respect

well said jerk ..

weathers nice , this definetly makes me wanna rock tonight.

and mods you know the mutual agreement....give this badboy the glue

G'ed up with pride

TIE is a king forever, We all used to go on extravegant bus bombing missions to go buy a $3 sack in downtown SJ and TIE would get the mexican fools to always hook it up because they thought this chinese dude was "funny" he punked them all, he always would kick you down something he stole when he met up with you, he would show up at your house to take "bong rips" at 7:00 am in the morning and was to busy grilling paper to use the carb. he will casually take your black book and grill 64% of the book with layered thowups. when you are with JTie bombing you go the extra mile. sometimes you just want to sock him sometimes you want to give him a hug, he was about uniting people together to take the city(where ever he was at at the time) down, kill shit and destroy all, such a in depth personality that forced you to do your best in real time settings. I wouldnt be the writer I am today if I didnt have the pleasure of knowing and putting in work with such a Individual and just about everyone I know who I met who knows Jon feel the same way. Respect is due to a true King and the appitamy of a Graffiti machine with fresh oil, Killer King TieOne Rest In Peace Forever.

Im sorry I dont have a scanner or I would contribute, I will try and get some up thow.

I never met TIE...I wish I had..but I got a ton of inspiration and learned alot from his work..his legend and his obvious passion for writing.

I remember looking at city blocks like a tornado had just passed thru..everything..and I mean everything was covered..with pure writing..fast,furious,yet delicately crafted...like the little faces i the "t"..

I also remember putting up a few stickers, only to come back a few hours later to be sidebusted with Tie stickers..It was a nice feeling...

I miss seeing his work. I jocked that kid..he wrecked shop like very, very few..and for that I give utmost respect to...TIE ONE...PURE KING.

Sad to hear of Beneto...

May the fallen LEGENDS live on forever.

Follow your Dreams.

Archived