TIDAL

!@#$%

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i know exactly what you mean

but i'm not sure i care about hi-fi.

ten bucks isn't terrible, i just don't know if i'd use it enough to justify that cost since i have a pretty extensive collection of music.

i think i've saved thousands of dollars since i started just ripping mp3 off the net

and i do still support artists by going to their concerts.

but i dunno, it's kinda lame that so many creative things (like photography) are almost expected to be free now. not sure it's a good thing in the long run.

i'd be more ok with an ad option....that way people at least have a choice...listen to tidal with ads or pay and get it ad free...either way, the musicians are making their money.

i will support artists if i really like their music, but most of the crap thats out now is not worth my $10 a month...thats why its free! lol

• 2 weeks later...

haha yeah. i like gawker.

and it's piling on...

http://gawker.com/where-did-kayne-wests-enthusiastic-tweets-about-tidal-g-1699587727

It’s no secret that Tidal is tanking hard. Could that be why self-proclaimed visionary Kanye West suddenly deleted a series of tweets enthusiastically endorsing the streaming service? Maybe. I don’t know. I’m not Kanye West.

To a first-time Twitter user who maybe didn’t know anything about Tidal—a music service that no one asked for or wanted, backed by dozens of celebrities who probably feel pretty silly right now—to that user, maybe it looks like Kanye was smart enough not to get involved. Well, I’m sorry to say, that is not the case in real life.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
i'm not a kanye fan.

but i just checked kickass torrents and there were a few

I'm not either but had to check it out because if I'm going to be hearing it all over the place in NYC, might as well give it a listen. Some songs I like, others are trash - Kanye is still pretty gross to me.

Thanks for the heads up!