TI HITS HARDER THAN NAS!

Zed Riedfly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Glik0@Nov 30 2004, 08:57 PM

Nas sucks, JayZ served him.

TI is good.

The end.

Waaaay off base, friend. The only thing remotely 'hurtful' Jay ever said about Nas is that dude from Third Base owning his publishing. The poles closed years ago and the hometown voted Nas the winner.

Now, if we want to talk about who's the better businessman I'm conceed.

...and who gives a sailing McFuck about a TI? TI who? Dude's been in the game for like 4 or 5 years, Nas has stayed penning classics since he was 17.

At least we know how Zed likes his black men.

i wont even touch on the jay, nas shit... i really dont have to. people that like nas are flat out lying to themselves. dude is garbage. if he never made illmatic, he would have been forgotten after 'it was written' flopped. everyone wants nas to be good, but he's just....not. it's like when you get your ass kicked, and you're all trying to front like 'naw man, i got in some good shots too...'. naw nas, you got whooped.

anyway, all ive heard by TI is the rubberband man song, and i cant front, that song is awesome.

lil weez DDT's em both like it was still WWF though.

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 1 2004, 10:15 AM

i wont even touch on the jay, nas shit... i really dont have to. people that like nas are flat out lying to themselves. dude is garbage. if he never made illmatic, he would have been forgotten after 'it was written' flopped. everyone wants nas to be good, but he's just....not. it's like when you get your ass kicked, and you're all trying to front like 'naw man, i got in some good shots too...'. naw nas, you got whooped.

hahah.. yeah, except Jiggie Smalls lost. Lost meaning there was an official outcome to this and that official outcome was Jay as the 'opposite' of the 'winner'. I like dude's music and feel him on the businessman tip, but the bell rang and he was on the ground bleeding vodka through his Martin Margiela dogtag t-shirt.

I know Nas doesn't get as much love in hiphop epicenters like Cancun, Upstate Maine, or Clutch Cargos; but if we're going to take those places serious we might as well let Colorado elect the next mayor of New York.

Guru look at their fay-says!

Originally posted by onesecondple+Dec 1 2004, 11:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (onesecondple - Dec 1 2004, 11:13 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Glik0@Nov 30 2004, 08:57 PM

Nas sucks, JayZ served him.

TI is good.

The end.

jayZ might as well have balls in his mouth 24/7...

[/b]

I retract my previous statements.

Guest Pilau Hands

to me, Jay-Z by a mile. everyone i've ever asked (living in NY) felt strongly one way or another. anyone or thing claiming to say what NY was feeling overall is bullshit. how'd they settle that shit, phone calls to hot97? i really rely on them for my up to the minute reality coverage. you know, since they had large black women smacking the shit out of each other for some summer jam tickets and all.

I don't know who TI is

I don't like Trick's new album...except mildly feeling that track with the Ozzy sample. kid's singing...no.

and also, Jim Jones and Scrooge McDuck are not fans of nas' either

????

all i know is i've been playing the hell out of nas's song 'virgo'

plus the accapella vinyl of 'if i ruled the world' is the first song i ever perfectly mixed with a jungle track on turntables so i'm a bit biased...

other than that i couldnt give a fuck who served who as long as the mc is doing their thing without putting out crap records..

and man sheiking you gotta be kidding me about that rubberband man song..fuckin thing had like two samples and didnt even vary the 16 measure beat till the end..

what ever happened to cam'ron?

Originally posted by Pilau Hands@Dec 1 2004, 11:15 AM

how'd they settle that shit, phone calls to hot97?

As a matter of course, yes. The fact that they have fat chicks on their show bear-palming one another doesn't discredit it, the argument itself is does that. I'm just saying that you can't hear a Nas or Jay track in this city without talk of that shit coming up at some point... and even the dudes I know that hate Nas with a passion will admit he 'won'.

And dammit, I like Jay... I'm just saying...

ha, i cant believe im arguing about jayz vs. nas again.

fact of the matter is that nas sucks. his albums (save for the first) suck, he's dumb as a rock, he can't freestyle...he has absolutely nothing but illmatic. that's it. his battle shit? an entire song about jay being gay. if you're a fucking monkey that sits on his stoop all day drinking 40's and calling your friends 'god' and lying about girls you fucked, then sure, i can see how you might be impressed by that, but to anyone with a brain, jay destroyed him. the simple fact that he fucked nas baby mama in HIS car, and then flipped that on him...shit, theres no way nas could win after that. jay came with real shit, real disses, real insults, real facts, pointed out how fucking phony nas has always been, lying about his whole life....sheit...jay brought the real shit, nas made up some shit. game, set, match.

this 'battle' was like the presidential elections....people that actually understand the issues and weigh the evidence know that jigga was better. those that look at single issue's and live in some fantasy world that does not exist, go for nas. plain and simple.

I go with Nas because I like a lot more of his tracks than I do Jay's.

But honestly I don't really see what makes a lot of these cats so great. Their lyrics dont impress me, the only shit they got is rhyming smoothly, and I'm sure if you have nothing to do except drink 40s and rap all day then your shit would be nice like that.

GucciFunk/Coming for the crown

Yo, you’re moronic. Even if you were right (I never paid any attention to the “battle” between Jay and Nas), how does Nas losing said “battle” affect the quality of his music?

So what, just because Brett Hart lost to Sean Michaels, that means he sucks? Think about what you’re saying.

And please, stop with that “if Nas never came out with Illmatic” crap. Uh…so if GnR never came out with Appetite for Destruction, they wouldn’t be shit?

And you seem to forget It Was Written, which, in a lot of ways is even better than Illmatic. Every song on that 14 song album is excellent, except for that Dre song and maybe the one with Lauryn Hill. For real, if you don’t like It Was Written, then you most likely don’t like War Report, Hell On Earth, or 4,5,6. Which autmotically counts you out on knowing anything.

Anyways, I think you all might be missing the point of this thread. I’m not too up on the hip-hop world ever since I cancelled my Source subscription in ’95, but isn’t the “beef” supposed to be between Flip and TI? I could be wrong, but really, where does Nas fit into this equation?

Also, I think the Rubberband Man song got it’s sample from one of those twenty dollar keyboards you get at the pawn shop.

Oh yeah, and for the record, I’m a big fan of Jay-Z. But unlike seeking, I didn’t have “crazy in love” on heavy rotation this past summer. :D