Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

+++ Thrift Shops

Discussion in 'Style' started by -Rage-, Oct 19, 2004.

1. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

So, who else likes to raid the second hand stores?
    Which do you shop?

2. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

I used to love the thrift shops,
    but now all the sceenster peoples
    are raiding them for gear.
    Granted we arent looking for the same stuff,
    but I tend to like my things fresh and clean.

3. Hank Parker

Hank Parker Senior Member

+++ Thrift Shops, Spend less and get lice...

4. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member

hahahahaha^^^^^

5. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

I'll swing past the local Value Village every once in awhile. I've found some nice stuff there for really cheap. I'm currently wearing a pair of DKNY jeans that i got for $6 and i've picked up some nice button up shirts for like $3. I'm not the type of person who will only shop at thrift stores and thinks its ironic to wear really lame ass pitted out tshirts, but you cant go wrong with cheap and nice gear.

6. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I've shopped at thrift stores for halloween costume stuff...other than that...no not really.

7. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Up until about a year ago I almost exclusively rocked thrift store goods. People at my school thought I was wicked poor (my family is actually quite affluent).

Thrift stores in my area are ridiculous lately, ever since the "thrift store look" has come into fashion. I went to salvation army the other day and there were 4 pairs of jeans in the entire mens section, all of them almost brand new. The mens department at my local Savers has halved in size in the last year because all the clothes that are even remotely good get bought.

What's left is a large array of ugly clothing that wasn't even close to cool in 1988 when it was new. It's like as the T shirt section shrunk by 2/3 while the plaid flannel shirt section gets ever larger. I'm not feeling it.

8. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

I'd happily shop in thrift stores, but am way too tall for the clothes so just stick to buying books.

9. slum

slum New Jack

If you want to be a millionare it would be prudent to buy out a midwestern thrift store and relocate to the East village, NYC. There is nothing thrifty about the shops here. When I was in school i was shocked to find the the prices in thrift stores were often MORE than that of new clothing.

10. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i got my first thift store garment the other day...a lady friend found this sport jacket from what im guessing is the mid to late eighties at the salvation army and i have to say, i look very fucking good in it.

regardless...i dont have the patience to browse through other peoples clothes to find that one gem that may or may not be there. plus those places smell like poor people, and judging from most kmarts if had the misfortune of stepping inot, thats a smell that doesnt come out.

11. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

my girlfriend works at a thrift store and recently scored a pair of brand new dooney and bourke shoes for 10$. ive personally never found any outstanding deals, perhaps due to my lack of patience when it comes to looking through clothes.

12. p@ntyr@ider

p@ntyr@ider Member

thrift stores are cool, its always nice finding treasures out there. wheather its tshirts,pants, records a good find is a good find. its fucked up tho when all the good shit is gone cause of all the fancy south beach thrift stores taking everything and selling it at their stores for twice as much as it originally was when it was new...

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i don't know about anywhere else, but thrift store shopping over here has always been trendy. melbourne is hipster/crustpunk/hippy/trustafarian hell. i'm not a fan of wearing other people's clothes myself. i prefer brand spankin' new

14. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member

15. oh so modern

oh so modern Member

check out the overstock joints too
    such as tjmaxx and marshalls depending
    on your locale for good finds for kicks
    as well as jeans, jackets, and shirts.
    i have found hundred dollar nikes for
    forty dollars and button ups for fifteen.
    shit is new but just wouldnt sell in the
    stores but keep an eye open for blems
    or imperfect clothes as those pop in too.
    one love.