Thrice- The Artist In The Ambulance

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

damn good cd

perfect for my mood the past week

are their first two albums as good?

i love when i find out about a band and they happen to be touring here in 3 weeks...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by MANIK DEK

thier first two albums suck ass every song on the whole cd sounds the same.....you should check out some real unk.......something that has a purpose not just a melodic sound...thats my duece pennies

Sorry we all dont have mohawks and anarchy symbols stitched to our denim studded jackets.

The first two albums are good.

It's good tunes to listen to when you just want to mellow out and chill.

I'd say go check out the first two CDs, and quick.

Originally posted by MANIK DEK

thier first two albums suck ass every song on the whole cd sounds the same.....you should check out some real unk.......something that has a purpose not just a melodic sound...thats my duece pennies

"illusion of safety" does kinda sound similar throughout. lots of metal riffs and good vocal harmonies. i got that album for free not expecting much but i was pleasantly suprised at how good it was. check it out dusty...

the second half of your quote is ridiculous. music doesnt have to have any more purpose than it sounds good, sorry every band cant be u2 or your favorite "punk rock with a cause" flavor of the week.

Originally posted by type R

artist in the ambulance-trl #4

and therefore not good?

true, there is a well-defined line splitting mainstream music and the underground and independent, but this doesn't entitle anyone to assume the latter is more valid and intelligent. let's face the facts--there are as many idiots in one as there are in the other. status like that doesn't automatically grant credibillity to a musical project. don't add such politics to something as amazing as music. it just fucks it up.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

awful. awful awful.

i gauge music by if my brother listens to it or not. hes such a trendy little bitch. and of course he loves thrice. one of their older ones was ok. nothing to write home about though.

Amen.

Taking Back Sunday on Thursday is Good for Charolette while Jimmy Eats A Newfound Plan while Thrice Glory Falls

They're all one big band for all the people who

seemed to miss the bands that actually pulled

those styles off right. It's sad to see people who

know their shit about music liking these medicore

bands... if only they knew there were other

bands that sounded just like them but with

a lot more heart.

Cap'n Jazz, At The Drive-In, Grey Matter,

Minor Threat, Fugazi, and maaaybe Appleseed

Cast are the only bands I'll ever need from

that genre.

Next people are gonna tell me Bright Eyes

are okay if you give them a chance.

:lol:

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

one awesome song by them.

"see you in the shallows"

its off their older albums, its got a key change in the middle of the song which makes it awesome.

For sure, that song is amazing.

i have never heard the band ... seems i need to check them out !!

my cousin taught Tepe ( spelling ???) from that band how to skate ... i skated with him quite a few times ... but shit he was only like 13/14 at the time. funny to see that band get so big.

Originally posted by test pattern

and therefore not good?

true, there is a well-defined line splitting mainstream music and the underground and independent, but this doesn't entitle anyone to assume the latter is more valid and intelligent. let's face the facts--there are as many idiots in one as there are in the other. status like that doesn't automatically grant credibillity to a musical project. don't add such politics to something as amazing as music. it just fucks it up.

i didnt grant credibility to anything. nor did i claim one or the other to be more valid. all i said was that i didnt really enjoy "artist in the ambulance". half the songs were decent, the other half were headed straight for "NOW thats what i call music vol.14" in my opinion. you see that? my opinion . it is more radio friendly than identity crisis for example. dont read into things so much bro.

Archived