Thret Asc

CamS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya im not finished on the sketches yet, im still stuck on a colour scheme for it..im thinkin like a almond fill, with a dark brown in lone..any ideas just say them, im real bad with schemes, but thatnks for the feed back

-thret

• 4 weeks later...

im his buddy :)

Originally posted by CamS

it says demos its for my buddy, its unfinished, he dont write demos anymore though oh well,

peace

Sorry about that dude, sweet sketches tho :crazy:

i write ekspel or erase now

peace-

I like the DEMOS too......

Originally posted by Milton

I like how everything in the 12oz blackbook session is about going simpler. I think we have something backwards here, but I cant quite place it... HMMMM....

Nice shit CamS, not too wild at all...

Holler*

Even wildstyles should be based on simple letters. Once stripped of it's doo-dads, a wildstyle should have a solid letter structure underneath.

Whether they're camoflaged straights or contorted letters.

A wildstyles letters should stand on their own without the serifs, kicks and extensions.

The DEMOS does and that last THRET is starting to but the 'T's look kind of constrained. Maybe try sketching smaller or on a bigger sheet of paper.

Nice handstyle too Thret!

Just my 2 cents.

peace.

This suffers from excess shit. You've got good letters, but 25 arrows and 40 line extensions don't help anything. These are good, usually when you take out 25 arrows the piece looks shitty, but yours would look much better without them.

Paid,

I understand totally what you're saying about the good letter structure underlying more wild styles, but I think the Demo piece shows that Thret has developed a good understanding of solid letter structures. This said the extensions and serifs are simply a matter of taste. All I'm saying is that most of the people on 12 oz are beginners and so they hear from the more experienced "go simpler, don't be too wild" so they think that the intelligent thing to say about graffiti is "go simpler." When a wildstyle can be just as pleasing to the eye and just as structurally adequate as a nice straight letter. But everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess, and mine is GO WILD IF U FEEL LIKE IT.

Thank you and good evening

Originally posted by Milton

Paid,

I understand totally what you're saying about the good letter structure underlying more wild styles, but I think the Demo piece shows that Thret has developed a good understanding of solid letter structures. This said the extensions and serifs are simply a matter of taste. All I'm saying is that most of the people on 12 oz are beginners and so they hear from the more experienced "go simpler, don't be too wild" so they think that the intelligent thing to say about graffiti is "go simpler." When a wildstyle can be just as pleasing to the eye and just as structurally adequate as a nice straight letter. But everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess, and mine is GO WILD IF U FEEL LIKE IT.

Thank you and good evening

hit the nail on the head

ya the first sketch was hte first peice i did wrting thret, i like to get all the wild shit out of my system, dont get my wrong i love wild style, but id rather get all the arrows and sariffs outta my system then concentrate on letter structure rather then how much shit is commin out of it..so ya thatnks for the comments..expect more shortly anyone wanan hit me up, feel free to do so on aim: thretasc

peace

-thret asc

• 2 months later...

EEEEEEEEEEEEE at'sh clean, shuhn

its kinda wierd: the thing i feel most about the first sketches are the E's. that style E gats mad flo, man- props!!

however, the e on the last one is a little on the wack side, in that it onle looks like an e if you know that it came from the letter structure of the other e's at the top.:o

but fo real, I could never pull off sketches with that many extensions without makin an absurdass mess out of whatever i was tryin to write- so yeah- keep doin ya thing cams- nice stuff:king:

Archived