Thoughts on The War

Clever Name

Everyone seems really caught up in The War being centered around big oil conspiracies, opium smuggling, arms dealing, shady politics, etc.

Has anyone noticed how incredibley pointless the whole thing really is on its own? It just seems stupid to launch an "assault" against a vague, generalized, unconventional tactic like terrorism. It's like declaring war on your neighbor to fight suburban sprawl.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The war is a "shady" clandestine operation based on all of those things and then some. And where in the world is OBL? It went from finding this one dude and smoking him out of a hole, to bombing the shit out of an extremely poor and desperate nation, killing 4000 plus civilians, installing a new govt. friendly to OIL, and moving on to other "rogue" nations that have minerals and resources we want to control. The only axis is one of OIL and MINERAL options. Bush is a skam.The american populace is one of sheep...baaahhhh.

Killing 4000 plus civilians? Please. I believe that number might be a bit overinflated. If it weren't for the US and other countries thousands in Afghanistan would starve. The Taliban was more concerned with maintaining power and control over the people than providing them with food, water,etc.

Originally posted by NATO

im am personally against the so called 'war' i think it will only add fuel to the extremists fire and kill more innocent people.

yes. we should have done nothing, just keep letting them attack, who cares how many innocent Americans die, as long as we dont add any fuel to the fire. we wouldnt want to ruffle any feathers, just grin and bear it, right NATO?

Originally posted by bigpoppa.k

theres a big difference between... being sucker punched in a bar and then hitting him back, or calling someone outside with you to go at it one on one.

Too bad OBL,The Taliban,AlQaeda and others are hiding from us in Mosques,Schools,and next to Women and Children. That way is we go and try to get them "hopefully" we kill innocent civilians, THEN they have more fuel to the fire.

Originally posted by mapo wc

yes. we should have done nothing, just keep letting them attack, who cares how many innocent Americans die, as long as we dont add any fuel to the fire. we wouldnt want to ruffle any feathers, just grin and bear it, right NATO?

yeah sure they had to do something. but at the end of the day it isn't addressing the root cause of the problem in my opinion. why is there so much anti american feeling in the first place. i dont think what is being done will prevent further attcks in the future, mapo.

So what did OBL gain from this attack?.....Direct facts of what him, the "al queda" and talibahn gained from doing this attack? Anyone who has studied war knows that there are things to gain from attacking...now what did they gain?.What attention was drawn to their cause? What mission statement was released after the attack?.,.,,,NONE...He directly stated he was not responsible for the attacks.And if you notice that all terrorist attacks are spoken for after they are carried out..by different groups looking further thier cause..now if you were to carry out the largest attack ever, knew they would be coming for you after, why would you not claim you did it?.,..think long and hard on that one... ..strategic decisions...none of it adds up.....none of the whole thing adds up...

..but anyhow..

read the ART OF WAR by Sun Tzsu....understand that war is the art of deception....and we, my frineds, are being decieved.

Do a google search on the words - Operation Northwoods...now tell me...

reichstag fire....

ma, the roof is on fire.,...it's ok honey, go back to Television,.

above your head.......

First off , the idea that this isn't getting to the root of the problems is BS. Why you ask. Because there are some nutjobs that are gonna hate the US regardless. Just look at the situation with Israel and all the shit they have to put up with. When the planes hit the WTC and there was speculation that Al Qaeda might be involved, many in the Arab world were already saying for certain that the Israeli Secret Police were behind it. The Israelis notified ALL Jews and therefore non were killed in the WTC attacks. When the Israeli's found tons of arms from Iran to the Palestinians and the captain of the ship admitted it, what did the wackos say? "Oh it was a attempt by the Israelis to make us look bad" These are the type of minds that we are dealing with. These aren't people that you can have intellectual stimulating conversations about politics with.

Second what did AlQaeda and theTaliban have to gain? In there little heads they believe that they can bring about the destruction of the US. They want to take down the Us and gain support for a Unified Muslim Nation. If they are the ones to topple the mighty US they might in turn get a more prominent position in this Unified Islamic Nation that they THINK they will get.

Originally posted by big bruno

we all have our theories

but all in all, we dont know shit.

we are not privy to any information that might let us make informed decisions

we are a nation of sheep....baaaaahhhhh...

exactly. we only know what we are told, who knows what the fuck to beleive.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by big bruno

we all have our theories

but all in all, we dont know shit.

we are not privy to any information that might let us make informed decisions

we are a nation of sheep....baaaaahhhhh...

at the risk of sounding like a dickhead...

i have talked at length with some of the famly members of the last king to rule afghanastan before the russians invaded. and they talk to people back in afghanastan frequently. and let me tell you what you dont read on the internet or see on the news. the people of afghanastan DESPERATELY want the taliban out. any ANY and ALL costs. and that even means their own lives. they live in such extreme poverty that the son, a little older then me, was recounting stories about as a boy, when the bombs would go off (because there was war going on in afghanastan for decades before "Operation Unduring Freedom". but since it wasnt thousands of AMERICANS dieing, yet, we didnt hear about it), the children would run TOWARDS the blast. they collected the shrapnek and scrap metal to take to pakistan to sell for money to feed their family. the packages tat we were dropping were so helpful and more then they had seen in years. it was a godsend. are there more innocent people dieing over then then is being reported in the media? sure. is the reason that we are there because of the welfare/retribution of our people? sure. is it fair? no. BUT, its what the people of the country realize must happen if things are to change. am i for war? no. does shit boil my blood? yeah. do i think that the US is sheisty as fuck. awww hell yes. do i think that there is some good that is coming or could potentially come out of this. yes.

Guest BROWNer

eh...

how many people besides the afghani's

are just fucked with starvation and horrible

mind blowing poverty? MILLIONS.

i just read a thing on san francisco....

they cruise around and 'confiscate' homeless

peoples shopping carts, and get them 'out of sight'

from the general public. people don't want to see that shit.

they'd rather ignore it and watch sitcoms or sports.

its fucked up.

the west is in fantasy land where the stars

of sitcoms complain that almost a mil an

episode isn't enough and sensationalism over

whitney houston's marriage is worth dwelling

on.

the initial attacks on afganistan I feel were more done as a political and popularity gain for the powers that head america. Think about how much we poked fun at GWB before the attacks and now how he is almost praised as a god when at the moment he is a mindless puppet and a face for the republican party. By attacking afganistan he enabled himself be looked at with respect by all the people screaming that we MUST have retribution for these actions and now since he threw a punch in the dark he has gained the respect his party needed him to have so they may respectfully run the nation. I am also not surprisedthat George W Bush is trying help the afgani's set up a new government that is going to be a bit more friendly to the american ideals and american trade. I also know that what we are trying to help set up is better than the taliban regime. I have talked to a few people that were able to get out of afganistan and make it to the states and I truly feel sorry for these people. The things Dusty Lipshitz said were the same things I had heard. Thats the extreme amount of pverty that was instilled apon the people of that nation.

Hearing about those things made me happy to be an american. Granted yes the US has some shady pratices but at the same time we are ALOT better off than alot of other places on this rock we call earth. Atleast in america we are given a roof to sleep under even if it is a homeless shelter and food to eat at a soup kitchen. People addicted to drugs are able to seek treatment for thier addiction, in other countries the government just lets them OD in the streets and sweeps thier bodies under the rug. Granted we as americans know struggle but most of our struggles are an easy walk through the park compared to children that have to go with thier parents to a garbage dump to scrounge for recylclable materials so that they might be able to sell them to a recylcing plant and have enough money to eat for one night. Do you know what its like to be laying the streets about to die from starvation because your parents were too poor to feed you?

To all the people that say the US did shit for Afghanistan before the WTC, that is BS. The US donated millions of dollars in food and aid to Afghanistan. But the Taliban was keeping all the food to give to it's soldiers so they can fight the Northern Alliance. A major reason they "controlled" so much of the country. They controlled by buying people with food. Remember when the US first started dropping food packets after the bombing started theTaliban was collecting the packets themselves and also telling the people that the US poisened the packets of food. That might be one of the reasons you hardley ever saw people with food. The same kinda shit you would see on Al-Jazeera TV

Originally posted by Pistol

To all the people that say the US did shit for Afghanistan before the WTC, that is BS. The US donated millions of dollars in food and aid to Afghanistan. But the Taliban was keeping all the food to give to it's soldiers so they can fight the Northern Alliance. A major reason they "controlled" so much of the country. They controlled by buying people with food. Remember when the US first started dropping food packets after the bombing started theTaliban was collecting the packets themselves and also telling the people that the US poisened the packets of food. That might be one of the reasons you hardley ever saw people with food. The same kinda shit you would see on Al-Jazeera TV

'

america never donated money, non-profit international groups donated all that nice stuff, if the u.s government on the other hand donated money then it sure wasnt for releif, it was to get into good standings with the taliban and get that oil pipe-line started, the northern alliance is another topic in it's own, if you put the taliban and the northern alliance comparason (sp?) side by side, there is not much diffrence

Originally posted by graffsurgeon

america is destroying itself. we are such a piece of shit country. i hope we get nuked.

i wish this was the old days where we would have a public stoning for dumbasses like you. id love to throw a baseball at your testicles.

if you want america nuked, you obviously want americans to die..why wait for them to kill you? are you that lazy? go ahead and swallow the shotgun right now.

Guest NoamChomsky

While the "rogue states" Iran,Iraq,and North Korea certainly arent the good guys it is hard not to think of the U.S.,England,and Israel when you read the governments defition of one.They consistently undermine the U.N. and other international bodies so that they may continue to do as they please.

Thats some funny shit Mapo----Anyway, I think the thing that pissed me off the most is when I saw them dropping the food. Thats the biggest bull shit I've ever seen. Why the fuck? Fuck them. They killed 3000(?) innocent* people of ours and we're feeding them! Fuck that! I think we should blow that whole fuckin country up and make sure all of their innocent people are dead too and then see who fucks with us. The US gov. needs to get so fuckin balls and just drop the bomb.

Originally posted by VANDALISTIKO

'

america never donated money, non-profit international groups donated all that nice stuff, if the u.s government on the other hand donated money then it sure wasnt for releif, it was to get into good standings with the taliban and get that oil pipe-line started, the northern alliance is another topic in it's own, if you put the taliban and the northern alliance comparason (sp?) side by side, there is not much diffrence

Please Vandilistiko check the numbers. Check the UN check other countries info. The US has givin Afghanistan the most money year after year. Stop quoting all these "I Hate America" propaganda books and sites and check out the UN, Red Cross etc.

Wow, it's interesting how these threads go so many different directions.

I'm still amazed at the fact we're at "war" with terror(ism).

?

I don't have any clever solutions or witty rhetoric about what America should do in the situation, I just think that where we've ended up in the last few months is a nonsensical place.

Archived