thom, jonny, colin, ed, phil, and seeking?

mental invalid

...so seeking whats up, hows bout a nice shoreline review?...im interested to hear what ya gotta say...if ya rather not discuss, thats kool too, or perhaps let it all soak in your head too for a bit...but heres your set list free of charge, if ya didnt have it...3 encores heh? musta been sic! man i kant wait....

Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountain View, CA USA

June 27, 2001

Setlist:

1. The National Anthem

2. Morning Bell

3. Lucky

4. Airbag

5. Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box

6. You and Whose Army

7. No Surprises

8. Dollars and Cents

9. Knives Out

10. Permanent Daylight

11. Karma Police

12. Pyramid Song

13. Paranoid Android

14. Idioteque

15. Everything In Its Right Place

Encore

16. I Might Be Wrong

17. Fake Plastic Trees

18. The Theif (Can cover)

19. How To Disappear Completely

2nd Encore

20. Talk Show Host

21. The Bends

3rd Encore

22. Motion Picture Soundtrack

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...driving home i realzied a connection-twinkie-if you read this too per chance, check out song 18...i didnt realize at first, hit me during my hour long commute!..you recommend those doods right?, the other day along with um, uh, yeah faust right...nice....so which cd of 'can' do you recommend?...r

haha, who does that cover??

....um....for Can i'd get "tago mago" or "monster movie"...

for Faust...."the faust tapes"...which is sick.

hope that helps. i don't really listen to this stuff anymore,

so i can't really get to into it for you, but if you like what i think

you like, then you'll love these guys.

i know my shit, trust me.

Pluramon's "render bandits" is pretty nice shit too...

dig in.

my review... ok, here it goes....

all in all, i give it a thumbs up. choice of songs was incredible. length of show (roughly 2 hours, 5 minutes by my watch) was a nice suprise. stage set up was (thankfully) minimal, although entertaining (i'd hate to see them prancing around with pyrotechniques.) sound kind of sucked. even up on the hill, where its usualy much better than down in the ampatheater, it was still pretty bad. not terrible mind you, but not EQ'd real well. why does this matter? well, when you cant really see the stage, the music is all you have (not that thats a bad thing.) i also have a real hard time getting excited at show's in such venues, which is why i havent been to one in years. being that disconected from the artists, i might as well be sitting at my computer listening to mp3's from their famed show in barcelona ya know. i cant help it, im a club guy. i like bar shows. having said all that, it was a real good show, i just wish i could have seen it at slim's, or even the fillmore. but, they're rock stars and you take what you can get.

oh, as a final gripe, i think the prices were a bit ridiculous. $38.00 for lawn seats? come on now... plus $8 service charge? on top of that $30.00 for a t-shirt that costs $2.00 to print? i had hoped radiohead would be above such capitalist nonsess... then again, tool just did the same thing, so i guess thats what the world is coming to... wheres ian mckay when the world really needs him? not standing in line with me buying a $7 MGD thats for fucking sure. i could have gotten 3 40's for that...

so i wrote all that, then upon re-reading it, decided i didnt want to end on a negative note, cause it wasnt one. i had a great time. highlights were idioteque (where thom was on some whole other shit... really good song live suprisingly) how to disapear (my theme song as of lately... so dope i got chills) talk show host (im suprised they did it, and more suprised they did it as an encore... great fucking song, just suprising)... everything in its right place was hot too. id love to get a bootleg of the show, but hopefully it would be coming off the board and not someone sitting in the crowd... however i'll take what i can get. you wont be dissapointed... thanks for reading all that...

oh yeah, they're great, i just never have picked up anything by them yet, and whenever i listen it's on the radio or a whole album so i never hear song names. that is definately true, i still play it often unlike 2/3's of my cd's.

bout to make an idiot of myself, ok, here goes who are you talking about? anyone who covers can is cooo in my book. my one can album is monster movie, great album. my friend who has since moved away is a huge can fan and mad me a tape of something called cannibalizm? I or II, i've since lost it (4 years ago), but that had all the songs from monster movie and more.

oh, and this is for the invalid, when you pay 17, 18 bucks for a cd you expect a little more, monster movie is only like 35 min., i'd get that other one.

*****drool*****

...yeah i like the minimalistic approach to the whole stage set up...prices are expensive it was 50 for the nyc shows...i think its cause theyre not doing to many shows, so they charge more to spread out the cost, cause i kant see em charging anyless then they need(perhaps idealistic, but leave me alone)...

"...wheres ian mckay when the world really needs him? not standing in line with me buying a $7 MGD thats for fucking sure..."

...hahahahaha, no doubt....

"...so dope i got chills...."

...nice....i luv when you get moved like that...how to disappear eh?.....

....i cannot wait to see it...thanks for your scope man....r

Everytime I hear the bassline to National Anthem I damn near shit myself, it's soo simple yet sooo beautiful. And it really sucks that i listen to it like 20 times a day, so that means I come close to shitting myself liek 20 times a day. Radiohead is doing a number on my colon.

------------------

You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

".....Everytime I hear the bassline to National Anthem I damn near shit myself, it's soo simple yet sooo beautiful. And it really sucks that i listen to it like 20 times a day, so that means I come close to shitting myself liek 20 times a day. Radiohead is doing a number on my colon...."

-mspantalones-

...hahahaha...thats some funny shit!...bump for colons!....and radiohead....r.

Archived