this sucks: effects of war

sect one

Xuan Minh, 3, looks out from his bed at the Tu Du Hospital in Ho Chi Min city on Friday March 25,2005, suffering from what is believed to be the effects of the jungle defoliant Agent Orange, used heavily in the region by the U.S. armed forces during the Vietnam War. Vietnam celebrates the end of hostilities on April 30, 2005, marking 30 years since war in Vietnam ended. (AP Photo/Richard Vogel)

capt.rjv10104250324.vietnam_30th_anniversary_rjv101.jpg

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...0104250324'

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn.

that's so fucked that people would use a chemical without knowing

the long term effects, and especially the innocent victims that had

NOTHING to do with a war their parents fought in.

and why the fuck is the USA moving backwards on the Land Mines Treaty?

I saw a pretty good documentary on Sundance called AFTERMATH: THE REMNANTS OF WAR.

Agent Orange will be in their soil for the thousands of years. It straight killed rainforests that will never grow back. they go

to childrens hospitals, it's disgusting how many innocent children are born with horrid defects every day.

Last summer I spent a few weeks in Bosnia. That place is still in shambles. Tombstones dominate all distant views and they still can't find half a million landmines that litter the country.

to.jpg

hell.jpg

in.jpg

*visual aids stolen.

wow

if you hadnt of posted the link

i would have thought that kids dome was photoshopped..

poor kid.

on a side note*

not to sound like an asshole but that kid could move to america

and make millions of dollars and have some quick fame getting paid off his head... thats capitialism at its finest..

hes probably not going to have a normal life so why not take advantage of what he does have..

am i wrong to think that way??

BUT IT WAS WORTH THE PRICE BECAUSE WE WON THAT WAR SO GOOD AND TAUGHT THOSE TERRARISTS A LESSON.

For the same reason, when the Iraqi children start getting worse and worse from all the depleted uranium bullets being fired over there, it will all be worth it because we saved the world from WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Apr 25 2005, 10:48 AM

and why the fuck is the USA moving backwards on the Land Mines Treaty?

because it costs them a huge amount of money, usa don't want to spit shit out...

http://www.vietnam-dioxine.org/accueil.php...b2616a70ea62e68

this is a good website for this topic, european are more active in this an we do...

when i was in vietnam i went to the war museum in ho chi min city. there was a whole section dedicated to this ort of thing.

walls of deformed foetuses in jars, unborn babies with three arms, one arm, no arms, no legs, mis shaped limbs, twisted bones. the chemicals leeched through the soil and got into the rivers and drinking water of all the villages. photo's of children with no skin because the napalm is slowly burning it off.

30 years after the war, walk down a street in ho chi min city at night like i did and see the homeless 3 year olds crying because the polystyrene cup they are trying to eat wont satisfy their hunger and tell me war can be a good thing...