this is what graffiti should be about...

and now you choke

http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/parkstreet/1337/360039c0.jpg'>

this flick was taken from The Graveyard Shift. it's by Veks KYT. granted the piece looks like shit, it's almost obvious that the dude went nuts painting it. drunk, yes, but it must have been fun as hell. look at all the little retarded swerves and kicks...yes! then instead of writing "drunken" in a normal way he decided to put the N in its own panel...fucking brilliant! veks is showing you guys how to paint without any of you actually picking up on it. let loose and have fun! if you're gonna be up tight about everything pack your bags and head off to the legal wall! thank you, veks. another lesson learned.

see you toys, later!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. getting wasted and going painted is a good idea. On the downside fi I have to run ill have a gut full of alcohol to slow me down and, If caught an underage drinking fine on top of that. Smart remarks aside, the drunken aesthetics of it are "fucking brilliant".

This IS what graffiti is all about.

god you guys are anal. you didn't catch my drift. graffiti is about having fun.

not about being cool. not about being popular. not about being super tech fancy schmancy pretty happy blah blah shit..it's about going out and doing stupid shit and laughing about it all in retrospect. if you don't live by that policy with regards to graffiti maybe you ought to check yourself and ask if you're a little too uptight.

have any of you read "the art of getting over"? did you not pick up on what espo was saying?

Who says that theres one way to have fun with graffiti and everything else is like a chore? If you want to go out and do crazy stocked tip shit in a drunken rage and laugh about it thats really cool, but what if others take great pleasure in working at a legal wall or really chill spot for hours? Theres merit in that too my friend. Graffiti is what you make of it, the tools to create really great work are at our hands and people can choose to work with that too. I dig a lot of sifferent styles, I'm into kids who can do shit like Veks or Eatfuk or a lot of Midwestern kids or whoever, but there are different schools of graffiti and they need to coexist. Graffiti is what you make of it and how it makes you, the tech artist or the kamakazi stocked tipped bomber feel. To each his own, please don't judge...

i used to have a certain level of respect for people that painted trains with stocks. but then i realized they only did it because they couldnt go over the ridges with a thin. now i think its weak. if your not painting clean with a stock cap, who gives a shit that you used it at all? its not any harder to paitn with one, and infact id say its even easier. but thats just my two sence.

and i agree with choke completely, but like bare said, to each his own. i like making things look clean. its alot of fun. its what i enjoy. that cant be wrong ya know...

Guest Comp Shoes
Originally posted by seeking innocence:

i used to have a certain level of respect for people that painted trains with stocks. but then i realized they only did it because they couldnt go over the ridges with a thin.

haha, I dont think thats why people use stock tips.

Originally posted by Comp Shoes:

haha, I dont think thats why people use stock tips.

do you paint? go over a ridge with a stock, then go over one with a thin. its much harder to paint with thins.

and im not dissing anyone that uses stocks, im just saying i think its silly to 'brag' about how you only paint with stocks unless your making lines as clean as a thin. its not like its difficult to get thin lines with a stock...

Guest Comp Shoes

I agree with you about bragging about painting with a stock cap, and yes I paint, im willing to bet I paint more than you do. I dont think it is harder to go over the ridge with a thin cap. If its hard for you then maybe try a different technique.

how did stock caps ever get into this?

seeking, maybe you misinterpreted my talk of perfectionists as defense for lazy stock cap writers. no, that's not it at all. i'm saying do it right, however you want to do it, the first time around. do it so it won't cause you the trouble of going over it 100 times trying to clean things up. be free, have fun, let go of all the anal retentivness! your art is not you...

[This message has been edited by and now you choke (edited 03-20-2001).]

a round of applause and a pat on the back.. good job, friend. everything i wanted to say has already been said.

and willy, i've been thinking about that little talk we had and your right. a child's instinctive abilty to not be able to comprehend the normal bounds of reality is one that is very wonderful and very beautiful.

philosophy:

trying to get free of everything trying to lose all the constraints and inhibitions that modern art (ie graffiti guidelines) are what is going to lead to a new movement. sooner or later graffiti soulful feeling graffiti will probably be childlike empty but you will feel it i was having this didscussion with iron, we should just free ourselves fuck what i think fuck what anyone thinks about your stuff, i know i personally get critical but alot of it comes back to the fact that you know when a kid is losse and feels everything he has coming through in a piece, drunkenness helps this because you lose what you were taught how to be straight how to be clean how to be proportionate how to paint and you go simple in the mindstate that is graffiti, feel it like a good beat. dance with it.

it probably sounds really gay but this is my reflection you dont have to agree or even try it but this is me getting metaphysical.

oh yeah bump

jobe

Archived