Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

this is what graffiti should be about...

Discussion in 'Brick Slayers' started by and now you choke, Mar 20, 2001.

1. and now you choke

and now you choke Elite Member

http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/parkstreet/1337/360039c0.jpg'>

this flick was taken from The Graveyard Shift. it's by Veks KYT. granted the piece looks like shit, it's almost obvious that the dude went nuts painting it. drunk, yes, but it must have been fun as hell. look at all the little retarded swerves and kicks...yes! then instead of writing "drunken" in a normal way he decided to put the N in its own panel...fucking brilliant! veks is showing you guys how to paint without any of you actually picking up on it. let loose and have fun! if you're gonna be up tight about everything pack your bags and head off to the legal wall! thank you, veks. another lesson learned.
    see you toys, later!

2. blahblahblahblah

blahblahblahblah Member

3. blahblahblahblah

blahblahblahblah Member

4. blahblahblahblah

blahblahblahblah Member

5. dropone

dropone Member

I agree. getting wasted and going painted is a good idea. On the downside fi I have to run ill have a gut full of alcohol to slow me down and, If caught an underage drinking fine on top of that. Smart remarks aside, the drunken aesthetics of it are "fucking brilliant".
    This IS what graffiti is all about.

6. BIG YEAR

BIG YEAR Elite Member

7. Face Me Face Death

Face Me Face Death Member

so I have to drink to be a "real" graffiti writer?..awesome, I have been looking for a good reason to sell out the edge. its just not stylish anymore.

8. peat

peat Member

when i 1st started painting i had to be drunk just to have enough nerv to stay in one place painting for more than a few seconds.

9. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

drunk...sure.
    bent the fuck out wrecked...good luck.

------------------

10. phocuz

phocuz New Jack

shut your fucking mouth. heh.

11. Is that what graffiti should be about. Somebody lied to me then...

12. and now you choke

and now you choke Elite Member

god you guys are anal. you didn't catch my drift. graffiti is about having fun.

not about being cool. not about being popular. not about being super tech fancy schmancy pretty happy blah blah shit..it's about going out and doing stupid shit and laughing about it all in retrospect. if you don't live by that policy with regards to graffiti maybe you ought to check yourself and ask if you're a little too uptight.

have any of you read "the art of getting over"? did you not pick up on what espo was saying?

13. pervertedmunk

pervertedmunk Senior Member

good post. words of wisdom.

14. Bare

Bare Guest

Who says that theres one way to have fun with graffiti and everything else is like a chore? If you want to go out and do crazy stocked tip shit in a drunken rage and laugh about it thats really cool, but what if others take great pleasure in working at a legal wall or really chill spot for hours? Theres merit in that too my friend. Graffiti is what you make of it, the tools to create really great work are at our hands and people can choose to work with that too. I dig a lot of sifferent styles, I'm into kids who can do shit like Veks or Eatfuk or a lot of Midwestern kids or whoever, but there are different schools of graffiti and they need to coexist. Graffiti is what you make of it and how it makes you, the tech artist or the kamakazi stocked tipped bomber feel. To each his own, please don't judge...

15. Samuel O' Rielly

Samuel O' Rielly Member

<<< wasted

[This message has been edited by Samuel O' Rielly (edited 03-20-2001).]