This is fucked up!!!!

ODS-1

I saw this article and this is some fucked up shit right here.

“A Blue Island police officer will not face criminal charges in the death last fall of an elderly Hispanic man who was tackled when he was mistaken for a graffiti suspect, authorities said Monday.

There was “insufficient evidence to charge in this tragedy,” said John Gorman, a spokesman for the Cook County state’s attorney.

Still, the county medical examiner ruled the death a homicide Monday, saying Antonio Manrique, 74, would not have died had he not been hurt in the scuffle with police.

Chief Medical Examiner Edmund Donoghue said Manrique, who suffered broken ribs, cuts and bruises, died as a result of blood clots that formed in his legs and traveled to his heart and lungs. Those clots were the result of Manrique being tackled, he said.

“It started because of trauma, when he was thrown down on the ground by the police,” Donoghue said.”

From This Blog.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yup. thats how the American Police like to work. Goddamn I hate the cops in the united states, always trying to be the fuckin hero. Making the city a better place to live in my ass.

How does some dumb cop do that anyway? Shouldnt he have identified himself first? I doubt the old man was moving very fast. And yes the police are the largest most violently corrupt gang of thugs to ever walk the street. You never know if one is a decent human being looking out for you or if they are just trying to toss you in the pen to meet thier quota..

in miami i saw on the news that this veteran from desert storm who had a badly crippled arm was beat by cops then his arm was pulled behind his back, cuffed, and he thrown on the floor. they clubbed him again because they claimed he was resisting arrest. guess why they raided his house...

Yard Violations.

Originally posted by useurname@Jun 13 2005, 09:34 PM

Don't forget about what they did when the guy reached for his wallet....god damn police are just so fucked up, I wish I could see a chart of some sort comparing the numbers of people hey have killed with the numbers of lives they have saved.

yeah 41 shots. those pigs need to chill.

Cops always walk. Always. If anything, the cop will be asked to resign. At which point the cop will relocate and work for another local police department.

There's always some part to the story that we don't know. And supposedly this part of the story is what gets them off every time. It's rediculous.

Moving to Holland sounds better and better as the years drag on...

Originally posted by ODS-1@Jun 15 2005, 12:41 AM

Can anyone tell me where Blue Island is?

It's a suburb of Chicago.

Manrique's death Oct. 10 sparked a protest that drew more than 500 people and prompted a series of community meetings to address what some residents characterized as decades of police abuse.

Teresa Hernandez, a longtime community activist, said she does not understand how the two responding officers could escape punishment if Manrique's death was ruled a homicide.

"If it's a homicide, why are the state's attorneys doing this?" she said. "It isn't right. I think they should be prosecuted just like anyone who commits a homicide."

Gorman said it is not unusual for a death to be ruled a homicide and not lead to charges.

"It is a medical report, not a legal opinion," he said.

Mayor Donald Peloquin, accused by some Hispanic and African-American residents of marginalizing minorities, said he was glad to see the investigation--handled by the Illinois State Police--completed.

"Until I actually see the report, I don't want to say too much," he said. "It's a tragedy, and we have to use this unfortunate incident and help our community become stronger for it."

Douglas Hoglund, chief of police in the south suburb of roughly 23,000, could not be reached for comment Monday.

Manrique's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Blue Island and its police department in November. The lawsuit alleged that two officers hit Manrique all over his body, including his head, hands, arms, legs, torso, back and neck.

Timothy Tomasik, the attorney who filed the lawsuit in Cook County Circuit Court on behalf of the family, said the medical examiner's findings would help bolster the case.

"We are more confident today than we were in November that we will be able to present a compelling case demonstrating that these officers' outrageous conduct not only violated Mr. Manrique's civil rights, but in fact killed him," he said.

A police report at the time said two officers were called to an alley near Manrique's home to investigate a report of gang graffiti. They found two men, one of whom escaped on a bicycle. The other, identified later as Manrique, appeared to be walking away, ignoring an officer's command to stop.

The police report said Manrique appeared to have dropped a small container on the ground as police approached. One of the officers tackled him and quickly realized he was elderly and spoke no English.

When Manrique was seen shaking, an ambulance was called. The canister contained granulated sugar.

lol wait until the government REALLY starts taking rights away, They are already planning tracking devices in every single car and implants when your born.

They can change the laws however they wish as long as it not too obvious :(

If they got away with this one, and got away with all the ones before, what makes u think they won't cross the boundaries even more. I'm guessing within 50 years we will be almost completely under their control. Oh well, what are we gonna do. Fight back...? :/

lol wait until the government REALLY starts taking rights away, They are already planning tracking devices in every single car and implants when your born.

They can change the laws however they wish as long as it not too obvious frown.gif

If they got away with this one, and got away with all the ones before, what makes u think they won't cross the boundaries even more. I'm guessing within 50 years we will be almost completely under their control. Oh well, what are we gonna do. Fight back...? :/+

yeah. fight back. know your rights. we cant veto any bill the congress wants to pass, but we can protest, and believe it or not, they will take the peoples best interest most of hte time. this is our country, we can take it back.