this girl scares the shit outta me

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

one night at some drunken car show i went on stage.. when i wasnt supposed to be there.. there were these girls dancing and tribe was spinning.. i saw her record bag and how it had lots of tags on it.. i snuck my way right behind her and started to tag on her bag.. she turned around and looked at me like, "what the fuck is this guy doing" ? she then went back to being dj lady tribe.... i thought it would be funny to ask her for permission to hit her bag up and when i did... she looked at me like she was the ultimate shit and said, "are you part of my crew?".. she really didnt know if i was or wasnt, but i said no and she smirked like i would never be able to grace her bag with my filth.. i went on with my night.. drinking huge cups of wine at a car show.

:D

Raised in Los Angeles, Tribe was immersed in the culturally diverse mecca of underground graffiti artists and muralists from a very young age. It was there that the famed female graffiti artist first picked up a mean streak and wrote her name on a wall: realizing a passion and obsession that would consume her life for the next 9 years. Tribe began her artistic feats at the ripe age of 13, presenting her art in various forms all over the city. Beginning with simple tags on the interior of local busses, she soon found herself addicted to the notoriety that came with her small five-letter posts, as well as the respect that came from her fellow artists. Eventually, the young adrenaline-seeking artist began endeavors that even her male counterparts would never attempt. Tribe would hang off of busy freeway overpasses, bombard moving busses, and climb the tallest billboards, all for the sake of her art.

It wouldnít take long to realize that Tribe wasnít just a name that she wrote, it became her purpose in life. A spray can became as familiar as a pen or pencil in her hand, and without her art tools she felt empty. Her art would be an escape from the grind of daily life, a freedom of expression, and her claim to fame. Unfortunately, it would all come at a price. Tribe drew as many enemies as she did comrades. People who were jealous of her fame, wanted her name, or just didnít want to accept that a 5í2î female was doing murals in places they didnít think of first. Not to mention the police department, who wanted to take away her first amendment right, and did so, fast and furiously, during an early morning raid on her familyís home. Despite all the hardships and conflict, Tribe will never hesitate to say it was all worth it.