Think about it,,,,,,,

Overtime

I had an away message up that said "why do people get so mad when we play God, when it was us who invented Him", which is the same as my quote in my signature. One of my friend's girlfriends was on his computer and saw that and got super pissed off, however much I may be downing on God there, it is one hundered percent true. Without us, God would not exsist. Animals do not think about God, trees, nothing thinks about God, its only us. Without us, there would be no mention of Him, no religion, no heaven or hell, its all us. Now, i most definatly do not think God dosent exsist, i believe in him, but this statement is one hundred percent true. Maybe you guys can prove me wrong or agree, just wondering,,,,

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i dont know how i came up with it, i was just sitting there thinkin bout shit, you know how that goes, and it popped out, then i put it up to see the responses i would get, lots of good ones, just her;s was bad, whatever though..360, how is that sickness mess goin?

Read this...

I didn't write it, but it's perfect.

Man is the Center of All Creation!

Humans are a restless species, subject to boredom, driven by curiosity and the desire to conquer both intellectually and physically. We climb mountains and go to the moon simply to prove we can. We categorize everything we find in nature and strive to understand it all down to the smallest perceivable elements. Our minds are adept at dissecting complex relationships; we look for cause and effect in everything we see.

Natural selection has made man this way. Imagine the life of a hypothetical predecessor, one who was less restless. That predecessor never bothered to climb the hill to find the fresh water stream on the other side or never bothered to crack open the coconut to discover its contents. Our restlessness is ultimately to our advantage, as our now extinct predecessor would testify to if he could.

Survival for the first humans often depended upon forces they could not control. There was little protection from the elements and every day was a new struggle to find food and water. Simple wounds could lead to a life-threatening infections, pregnancy was always a grave risk, and disease killed indiscriminately. All the while in the night sky the planets wandered, the stars circled serenely, and the seasons marched through their yearly cycles unaffected. These people no doubt sensed they were a part of something larger, that there were things in the universe more constant than themselves.

Man's curiosity, his need to understand everything, must have caused him to wonder about his place in this bigger picture. We are a selfish species. We only need to compare ourselves with the ants or the bees if we have any doubt. Our ego is an important part of our drive for self preservation. So, when man began to imagine what the big picture was about, he naturally concluded that it was all about himself. Anything else would be devastating to our ego. For example, man would never be a part of a religion where another creature, say dogs, were the focus and man was subsidiary. A faith where only dogs could achieve eternal life and all other creatures (including man) ended in death would be preposterous! We can reason. We have deduced with our big brains and big egos that we are better than every other form of life and therefore must be the center of all creation. The universe is for us alone.

Our egos tell us that our lives cannot end in death, we are much too important. Just as the seasons, the sun and the moon are constant cycles of death and rebirth, so man too will be reborn after death and live forever.

In Christianity, man is the prized creation of an omnipotent God and is created in this God's image. We are so important to this God that he is intimately involved in every minute detail of our lives. He monitors us and keeps records of our activities, including what food groups we eat on Fridays during lent and the manner in which we touch our genitals. Ultimately he will use all this information to judge whether we are the type of person he would like to spend eternity with.

The creation story in Genesis states that God spent five days creating the Earth and only one day creating every other star and planet in the universe. These billions of galaxies and stars only exist to "give light onto the Earth" and "serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years," even the stars not visible to the naked eye. Genesis also says that every animal and plant on Earth was created only for man's exploitation.

Early man naturally assumed that all objects in the universe orbited the Earth. Since he believed he was center of all creation it wouldn't make sense for the universe be oriented any other way.

Evolution is dangerous to the Christian world-view because it reveals that just as the stars do not orbit the Earth, life on Earth does not orbit around man. It threatens their exclusive place at the center of creation. They maintain that something as ordinary as mutation and natural selection could never produce anything as wonderful as man, only a god could! When faced with the facts, some Christians will compromise, saying that God directed evolution with the intent of creating man. This way they can maintain their egotistical vision and still feel like the universe was created exclusively for them.

Our egos are also the reason humans exclude each other from groups. The Klu Klux Klan, for example, is a grand egotistical exercise. Not only do KKK members think humans are the best creatures on the Earth, a fairly common assumption, but they also think that white Christian people (which they happen to be) are the best kind of humans.

Christians think Hindus are worshipping the wrong gods, in fact they think that all of the other god's man has worshipped throughout history do not even exist. Only the god they have chosen to worship exists because they, of course, are the center of all creation. Ego motivated exclusion doesn't stop there, however. Some Christian groups think other Christians are worshipping the right God, but are doing so incorrectly. They believe God will take this very seriously when determining if he would like to spend eternity with them, because not only does he insist on being worshipped (our egos are so ingrained in us that we cannot imagine our God without one), but you have to worship him in very specific ways. The ways God likes to be worshipped are in the Bible, but apparently are a little vague because there are so many types of Christians, each believing only they are worshipping God correctly. This makes them feel very good about themselves, because while other groups believe they are the center of all creation, they know that in reality only they are the center of all creation and everybody else is wrong.

In the end, religion appears to be a by product of our egos, a result of our inability to accept that our lives end in death and that in the grand scope of the universe, we are insignificant. I often say that it is not easy to be an atheist. Atheists are people who can face the humbling truth and accept it.

Man is not the center of all creation.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

"If a tree falls in a forest and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

i think as philosophical as this is, yes it does, i mean think about it, sound is not there only there for ears, its a displacement of pressure or something like that, and the presence of a person or something that can hear the sound doesent make it different.

Originally posted by onesecondple

Without us, God would not exsist. Animals do not think about God, trees, nothing thinks about God, its only us. Without us, there would be no mention of Him, no religion, no heaven or hell, its all us.

Now, i most definatly do not think God dosent exsist, i believe in him,

one or the other

I agree with you to a point, but not completely.

The concept of a white male God in a cloudy place with nice music and lots of good stuff called "heaven" is most definitely a concept invented by man. The church, whatever church that is, was invented by man, in many cases (Catholicism, etc.) the church was invented to control man. But, in my humble opinion, that doesn't mean that God as an actual force/presence/being, is not an invention. In thinking critically of the beginning of the universe we can take a few assumptions into account. First, we can assume that the hypothesis of the big bang, which is often taken to be anti-religious, is our starting point since it is the closest thing we have to explaining where it all came from. It is also given as a central idea of physics that energy is neither created nor destoyed. So even if it all came from one atom, what created that atom, or what created the energy that created that atom. We have to assume that there is a force that does not fall under the rules of this universe, and so a "God", as a factual occurence of some kind must exist, with or without man.

Now here's a question, if God created the Universe as we know it, who created God, not the indo-european concept, but the actual being. Maybe our current theories don't provide solutions to the actual problems. But whatever happens, don't let anyone tell you it's blasphemous to question what you believe.

HOLLERATION

Now you should know there is a difference between the vibrations in the air that our eardrums interpret as sound and a real sound as our mind hears it. But if a tree falls in the forest I believe that it will be heard whenever a person eventually does go into the forest. If a person sees the fallen tree, he can imagine what the sound of a tree falling would be.

hmmm

Milton, you sound smart, but you aren't a sceintist and you are making claims from your imagination much like the christians do.

We have to assume that there is a force that does not fall under the rules of this universe, and so a "God", as a factual occurence of some kind must exist, with or without man.

The particle physicists have, for over twenty years, now, suggested that the Big Bang was a quantum fluctuation. The "Inflationary Big Bang Theory" has the advantage of not violating any currently known laws of physics.

In the realm covered by quantum mechanics (that is, the sub-atomic level), several phenomena occur, each involving something that manifests itself from nothing. One is the positron-electron pair, which manifests itself from a vacuum and returns to nothing in a vacuum. Nothing is gained or lost in either transaction, as the total energy involved in either case equals zero.

Even if it could be shown that "the Universe had to have had a cause," this would never justify our blithely plugging in some "God" as that cause!

Victor J. Stenger is a professor of Physics and Astronomy and wrote a book on this subject: Has Science Found God?

i love that quote for real straight up genius

i have too much of a scientifically inclined mind to believe in something as benign as a god, to me its stupid to think that there is an omnipotent being that created everything, also i like bringing up the argument that the bible doesnt speak of the creation of dinosaurs, also it says god mad earth in 7 days and on the 7th day he rested, our week is based on this 7 day span, allthough sunday, the day we celebrate the day god rested which should be the last is actually the first, how relevent this is, is irrelevent, i just think its funny and thought id share it

oh and for the topic...I thought this was funny

A Story about a Knight and a Monk

They are traveling together silently for quite some time, until finally the knight says--

"You live a life of poverty never knowing the touch of a woman, denying yourself all manner of delights--

all because you believe there is a God. I do not share your faith, I tear the marrow from the bones of Life, indulging myself at every opportunity, Ive broken every law created by man and church

and I fear no consequence, because I do not believe in your God.

My question however is this---

What if life ends in the ground and man is nothing more than meat for worms, you will have wasted your entire life denying yourself for nothing, what if you die and there is NO GOD?"

The Monk thought about this and shrugged his shoulders, offering--

"Then I suppose I will be sad, but tell me this, sir...

What happens when YOU die...And you find out there is?"

---- *FIN*

---bonus points if you find where that came from---http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon10.gif'>

yeah, religion to many is a kind of spiritual insurance, just in case there is a god.

I don' t think it works that way. Do you think you are fooling God anyway (if there was one)? Doesn't he know all your thoughts supposedly? Wouldn't he know that you were just "going through the motions" to get a piece of the pie? If you aren't sincere then just quit the charade and stop lying to yourself and others!

Archived