Things to do in Seattle?

alkaline

Can anybody give me any information about Seattle. I'll be going there at the end of May with my wife. Neither of us has ever been, so we were wondering if there is anything cool that we should check out while we're there. I also have a few specific questions.

1. How is the public transportation in Seattle? Is there a rail system, or just a bus system? Is it easy to navigate? Could we see the sights relying on public transportation, or should we just rent a car?

2. If we do rent a car, is it fairly easy to get around in Seattle by automobile?

3. Do you know of any bike shops that rent bicycles for the day/week? I'd rather not haul our bikes with us.

4. How easy is it to go up to Canada from Seattle? Is it worth the trip?

5. The Space Needle ... what's up with that thing? Has anybody eaten at the restaurant there? How's the food? Do you need reservations? Is it a classy joint (will I need a tie)?

6. I'm addicted to caffine. Will I be hard pressed to find coffee in the morning? Hehehehe ... just kidding.

Any information that anybody can give me would be welcomed and appreciated ... especially stuff that not so touristy. You can e-mail me at whyihatetexas@hotmail.com if you like. Thanks.

Note: I would have just bumped T.T Boy's old thread, but it was just a bunch of shit-talking, and not much actual info ... sorry.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

alkaline, im sure some seattle folks will fill you in on what to do. seattle is fun, but i really suggest you take a trip up to canada, its about 40 mins to drive up there, but well worth it. its easy to rent a car and just drive up to canada, hey you get more money when you cross boarders too. make sure to stop in whiterock on teh way to vancouver and enjoy the beach. and go see Vancouver, if you want any info about there someone here could help you out, or just email me, i seem to be a regular out there and know my way around.

Thanks, T.T Boy. We'll most likely head into Canada for a couple of days. I'll e-mail you about specific information as soon as I ask the misses what kind of stuff she wants to do there. Somehow, I don't think she'd be interested in benching freights all day (which is what we would do if it was up to me).

Guest --zeSto--

Seatle is the wettest city I've ever been in.

Keep an umbrella handy, and go to the huge market downtown.

I'd suggest goin on a ferry to victoria or vancover

Originally posted by T.T Boy

alkaline, im sure some seattle folks will fill you in on what to do. seattle is fun, but i really suggest you take a trip up to canada, its about 40 mins to drive up there, but well worth it. its easy to rent a car and just drive up to canada, hey you get more money when you cross boarders too. make sure to stop in whiterock on teh way to vancouver and enjoy the beach. and go see Vancouver

I agree. Vancouver is one of my favourite cities in the world. Really nice place. You should take a drive through the whole Okanagan area of BC, too, it's just like Calfornia, really hot and gorgeous scenery.

As for Seattle, we never made it down that far. But hey, there's always Spokane.....

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by alkaline

If you know of any punk or indie rock bands playing...

sorry... there's no punk or indie rock in Seattle. :rolleyes:

T.T Boy, your e-mail seems to be disabled, so I'll just post here. She said she would be interested in going to the beach and any parks in the area. If the weather is nice, we'll probably do some hiking, so if you know of any good hiking trails, let me know. Is there a good museum in Vancouver that we should check out? She'd like that.

vancouver rules , i highly suggest you take a trip up here as well , its very nice but just as wet as seattle

to answer some of your questions :

1.transportation in seattle is a breeze , the buses run regularily , and they also have a monorail system that works really well .

2. renting a car isnt neccessary , but its just as easy as anwhere else

4. going to canada is freaking easy as hell , just make sure you bring the right documents for the borders...........its just over an hours drive from seattle and its well worth it , vancouver also has a mass transit system , buses , skytrain , ferries , passenger trains that are all inexpensive and very efficeint , you can get pretty much anywhere within an hour .

6. Hahaha

I just got back from sea town yesterday. I had a great time..maybe one of the best trips Ive taken there in a long time. Your probably gunna have a hard time driving and finding shit..unless you been there before..Places to go would be downtown of course, BellSquare is a good spot to go to, U-District, International District (Chinatown), I feel space needle is a waste of time and money...but I guess a good experience...just to say you went there..EMP music place is cool, but only good one time...oh and there is always shows goin on every where...

On a side note I spoted alot of Penis taggs and throwies, Snore etch baths (crushed in u-district), Katsu throwie, Yonz throwie, some rooftops, Jabs taggs...and various other shit...some KYT taggs, INI, ect....

well the borders are fucking hard to pass now , b4 you only needed 1 piece of id , DL , birth cert , now you need birth certificate , and a drivers lisence or 2 pieces of gov't id , a letter from ur parents will get you a kick in the ass back home .

vancouver also has a train that runs above and below ground , thats why we called it the "skytrain" , pretty original eh.....

if you do go there, be sure to come up to vancouver. Drop me a line if you do, I should be settled in by then...

As for seattle, I've been twice and it was great. I don't know why people keep mentioning the monorail like it was a subway or somthing, unless you want to get to the experience music place, or the space needle its not really of much use. You gotta ride it once, but its a tourist thing as far as I remember. Last trip I made was in the kingdome era, so I cant comment on the new park, but going to a ball game is always a blast....

Seattle is definitely dope. Go to west seattle and they have nice beaches and small shops and stuff. Just know that traffic is real tough around the city. They have amazing Japanese food there too. The Space Needle is probably worth the money, you can see everything on a clear day, real nice. I didn't eat at the restaurant, but its nice and I think expensive. Anyways, have a good time, it'll be dope. Not to mention they have some good graffiti.

• 1 year later...

Archived