1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

"They were like Hells Angels kangaroos, man. They were crazy"

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DETO, Apr 30, 2004.

1. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

"They were like Hells Angels kangaroos, man. They were crazy"

Discussion started by DETO - Apr 30, 2004

<span style='color:pink'>THE last time David Carradine was in Australia he had a rather strange experience with some wayward kangaroos.

On a break from filming The Outsider in Queensland two years ago, the US actor - best known for the TV series Kung Fu but currently enjoying a career resurrection thanks to Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill films - asked his driver to show him some of Australia's most famous marsupials.

Falling asleep in the car, he woke up in the middle of a special reserve for troubled kangaroos who were bounding up to him with not-so-friendly looks on their faces.

"They were like Hells Angels kangaroos, man. They were crazy," Carradine told The Australian yesterday.

While he hasn't seen any kangaroos on his latest trip, Carradine is likely to come across some other over-zealous types in the form of sci-fi, comic and cult movie fans at this weekend's Supernova pop culture expo in Sydney.

Joining him as a special guest is John Noble, a veteran Australian theatre actor and director who happened to share a scene with Carradine in The Outsider.

Noble is also enjoying being back on the big screen but, unlike Carradine who reckons he gets stopped "on every street corner in the world, except Australia", he is unrecognisable without his long, grey wig and menacing medieval scowl as Denethor in The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Noble said expos such as Supanova, which are regularly held around the world, were "a lot of fun" but were mainly a chance for the fans to meet the people who create their favourite characters and to buy memorabilia and swap stories.

But Carradine, a closet comic book fan, said he enjoyed them for work as well as pleasure.

"They're pretty cool. I've been to them everywhere," he said.

"Someone said to me once: 'Why are you here?'. And I said: 'Because if I was at home I would be doing a crossword puzzle and drinking coffee with my dog at my feet and that's exactly what I'm doing now'."
    </span>

DETO - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Apr 30, 2004

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY DAVID CARRADINE YOU NUT HUGGING TOE LICKER!

i love how the huge red writing fucks with your eyes

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Apr 30, 2004

i was waiting for you to post in here.
    [​IMG]

4. TURBOCAPSLOK

TURBOCAPSLOK 12oz Elite Member

TURBOCAPSLOK - Replied Apr 30, 2004

WERE YOU JUST WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING?

WERE YOU REALLY EXCITED BY THE PROSPECT OF HIM POSTING IN YOUR THREAD?

DID IT GIVE YOU A STIFFY?

TURBOCAPSLOK - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

DETO - Replied Apr 30, 2004

well actually...