TheTruth.com

Tyler Durden

Alright. Alright.....Alright. Fuck you Truth.com. WAAAAAAAH I DIDNT KNOW I'D DIE FROM SMOKING. WAAAAAH IM GOING TO STAND IN FRONT OF THE CIGARETTE COMPANY AND WHINE. WAH WAH WAH.

In this day and age, if you DON'T know that smoking IS NOT FUCKING GOOD FOR YOU then get the fuck out of your house or turn on a TV or fucking READ something. And if you smoke ANYWAY and are somehow SURPRISED that you got cancer then fuck you. You had it fucking coming anyway. Use a fucking patch or whatever but if you "want" to quit so bad then fucking QUIT. Stop making TV commercials like YOUR SUCH A FUCKING REBEL WHOS REALLY "STICKING IT TO THEM". If i worked at one of the companies, I'd just open my corner office window and dump sewage on everyone in a fit of laughter.

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. ALREADY.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yo fuck truth.com those people tried to pay me a dollar to use the video they shot of me and some other people. fuck them smokers have rights to! i hate the fact that a business cant choose wether or not to allow smoking, my favorite coffe shop closed because of the smoking ban, and it was a coffee shop for smokers. fuck truth.com!

I smoke. I chain smoke. Im not TOO happy about it, but Im not ready to quit. Dont give me some shit like "Yaaaaaah man youll be ready to quit when you get CANCEERRR!!!!!" like some dick. I dont plan on smoking the rest of my life but I dont plan on quitting this minute.

And the truth? Fuck who they are sponsered by. That campaign is the most successful anti-smoking campaigns I have ever seen. Put it this way: each time see a truth commercial, I get closer and closer to throwing out my cigs and saying fuck it. They have literally brought tears to my eyes.

And NO, I havent quit yet, so save me from the "well uhh dur they obviously arent really working" because to be able to spark the idea of me quitting is a lot. More power to truth. Just stop watching TV if youre sick of them. I quit smoking, you quit watching tv.

at least their commercials are reinforced with facts, such as "X" amount of people died from second hand smoke last year due to..blahblahblah...

as opposed to those anti-drug commercials where they say something like "kyle got high last week, ran his little brother over with his car, supported the mafia and funded terrorists...still think weed is harmless?" those are a little too far fetched for me.

with what the other guy said, the ads are most effective on current smokers. i know a few people that smoke and when they saw the commericial, they started to do the whole "talk" thing.

im proud to say that ive never smoked a ciggarette in my entire life. although ive smoked weed laced with some weird ass narcotics. fuck smoking anything. what ever happened to kicking it back with the 40s and just having a good time? yee gods.

here's the thing about those commercials, they are emphasizing the tobacco companies' greed at the cost of their customers' lives, their non recognizition of anything except what brings in the profit, none of that is untrue, but they would have you beleive that tobbaco companies are the pinnacle of those things, and what's wrong with giant consumer products corporations in general. the problem is, tobacco companies are just a fraction of the tip of the iceberg in selling things that reap billions from shit that is worthless and pollute people and the enviroment. walk into wal mart, and look at all the shit, how much of it will become a landfill in a year, think of all the money paid to fill up the landfill.

first off johnnyhorton I love your signature image.

secondly everytime I see a truth commercial it does make me think about what smoking did to my dad but at the same time it also makes me think "damn, a ciggerette would be nice right now". Keep in mind I am not a heavy smoker unless I am out drinking in which case I chain smoke. I usuallly only smoke 4-5 a day unless Ia m working I will maybe bump it up to 6 or 7 due to the added stress of dealing with moronic drunks and assholes that give me the wrong addresses for my deliveries.

Another thing the truth did to me was I was at the warped tour back in maybe 2000 or 2001 (you can point and laugh) I was walking around smoking a ciggerette and they came up to me and tried to trade me a truth.com hate for all the ciggerettes I had on me, in which I replied no but I will give them to you at a price of a dollar a square. They declined so obviously they didn't want me to quit smoking too bad then to top things off I saw same asshole trying to trade me worthless crap for my precious nicoteine smoking int he parking lot. Proof of counterproductivity and hypocrosy. Fuck truth props to bourbon and cake and a fresh pack of camel lights.

If I didn't want 2000 chemicals in my body I'd have to build a cyborg body and stop breathing fucking car and industrial exhaust polluted air everyday, but I'm sure the chemical count on that is much higher and nobody is doing a goddamn thing about it.

Whenever somebody bitches about my cigarette smoke I tell them I'll cut down to match them if they stop driving cars and using electricity.

Originally posted by Swiffer Jet@Dec 23 2004, 08:56 PM

I cut back a lot on smoking. I don't know why, but I did.

Salad's are my current cravings though..:o

dam i was addicted to those wendys side salads for a couple months during the summer all i did was drink and eat salad but then i realized that i hate fast food they should do some truth on fast food and make people stop eating fast food unless its a 99c jumbo jack with no mayo and extra pickles.

oh yeah i was the one who always encouraged my friends to keep smoking years ago, i used to do shit like buy friends beer and packs of smokes when they had quit for a week or two just to get them to keep smoking.

I think the point to be made to (heavy, not the truly casual) smokers is this: Do you not value your life? Do you somehow see your health as something "not important enough" to be a deciding factor to quit? Then, do you not value those lives around you, your loved ones and friends that inhale your second hand smoke? Is their health not important to you either?

My roommate just quit recently, he said that the first week or so was kinda bad, but after that, he said he felt much better physically. He said he could smell things clearer and taste food more acutely than before. And I am obviously pleased with the lack of stench in the house.

gotta go shopping.