1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

TheTruth.com

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Tyler Durden, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 12oz Veteran Member

TheTruth.com

Discussion started by Tyler Durden - Dec 23, 2004

Alright. Alright.....Alright. Fuck you Truth.com. WAAAAAAAH I DIDNT KNOW I'D DIE FROM SMOKING. WAAAAAH IM GOING TO STAND IN FRONT OF THE CIGARETTE COMPANY AND WHINE. WAH WAH WAH.

In this day and age, if you DON'T know that smoking IS NOT FUCKING GOOD FOR YOU then get the fuck out of your house or turn on a TV or fucking READ something. And if you smoke ANYWAY and are somehow SURPRISED that you got cancer then fuck you. You had it fucking coming anyway. Use a fucking patch or whatever but if you "want" to quit so bad then fucking QUIT. Stop making TV commercials like YOUR SUCH A FUCKING REBEL WHOS REALLY "STICKING IT TO THEM". If i worked at one of the companies, I'd just open my corner office window and dump sewage on everyone in a fit of laughter.

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP. ALREADY.

Tyler Durden - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

fermentor666 - Replied Dec 23, 2004

<the silence of cigarette companies not answering your questions yelled from the street>

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. GnomeToys

GnomeToys 12oz Elite Member

GnomeToys - Replied Dec 23, 2004

Isn't phillip morris sponsoring/running the truth campaign because of court settlements? Could that have something to do with how annoying it is?

MESSAGE!

GnomeToys - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. oneeightyone

oneeightyone 12oz Senior Member

oneeightyone - Replied Dec 23, 2004

yea i think they are sponsering them i read something to that extent, so it's not like they wouldnt know when the would show up at their door, know what i mean. seriously though who doesnt know smoking is gonna fuck you up.

oneeightyone - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder 12oz Elite Member

kaesthebluntedwonder - Replied Dec 23, 2004

yeah those are almost as annoying as second hand smoke.

kaesthebluntedwonder - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  6. spectr

spectr Guest

spectr - Replied Dec 23, 2004

yo fuck truth.com those people tried to pay me a dollar to use the video they shot of me and some other people. fuck them smokers have rights to! i hate the fact that a business cant choose wether or not to allow smoking, my favorite coffe shop closed because of the smoking ban, and it was a coffee shop for smokers. fuck truth.com!

7. Verbal Kint

Verbal Kint 12oz Member

Verbal Kint - Replied Dec 23, 2004

Thats why you gotta smoke menthol - the crystallization from the menthol balances out the rest of the carcinogens - every one knows that

Verbal Kint - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  8. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied Dec 23, 2004

^plus smoking a newport is just like gargling listerine.

i got fresh breath for days, thanks newport!

edit: typo

mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

fermentor666 - Replied Dec 23, 2004

That is so ridiculous, I hope you are joking. :chicken:

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  10. gatita

gatita 12oz Senior Member

gatita - Replied Dec 23, 2004

I smoke. I chain smoke. Im not TOO happy about it, but Im not ready to quit. Dont give me some shit like "Yaaaaaah man youll be ready to quit when you get CANCEERRR!!!!!" like some dick. I dont plan on smoking the rest of my life but I dont plan on quitting this minute.

And the truth? Fuck who they are sponsered by. That campaign is the most successful anti-smoking campaigns I have ever seen. Put it this way: each time see a truth commercial, I get closer and closer to throwing out my cigs and saying fuck it. They have literally brought tears to my eyes.
    And NO, I havent quit yet, so save me from the "well uhh dur they obviously arent really working" because to be able to spark the idea of me quitting is a lot. More power to truth. Just stop watching TV if youre sick of them. I quit smoking, you quit watching tv.

gatita - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. type R

type R 12oz Senior Member

type R - Replied Dec 23, 2004

at least their commercials are reinforced with facts, such as "X" amount of people died from second hand smoke last year due to..blahblahblah...

as opposed to those anti-drug commercials where they say something like "kyle got high last week, ran his little brother over with his car, supported the mafia and funded terrorists...still think weed is harmless?" those are a little too far fetched for me.

type R - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. ElectricitySucks

ElectricitySucks 12oz Veteran Member

ElectricitySucks - Replied Dec 23, 2004

with what the other guy said, the ads are most effective on current smokers. i know a few people that smoke and when they saw the commericial, they started to do the whole "talk" thing.

im proud to say that ive never smoked a ciggarette in my entire life. although ive smoked weed laced with some weird ass narcotics. fuck smoking anything. what ever happened to kicking it back with the 40s and just having a good time? yee gods.

ElectricitySucks - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet 12oz Elite Member

Swiffer Jet - Replied Dec 23, 2004

I cut back a lot on smoking. I don't know why, but I did.

Salad's are my current cravings though..:eek:

Swiffer Jet - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied Dec 23, 2004

Those fucking ads are counterproductive. They make me want to start smoking just to spite them.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Dec 23, 2004

Yeah how stupid....
    The first time I typed www.truth.com into my browser I expected great profound wisdom and truth...
    Instead I get all this stop smoking crap.

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: