there is something wrong with artists

ElectricitySucks

first off, this is my opinion and a generalization.

every person, (guy and girl) who is an artist is in some way(s) weird. everyone ive met who is good at art is just differnt. do you notice this in people you know who are good at art? maybe its just me. i dont know. but this shit gets to me. there is something wrong with artfag's brains.

can anyone relate?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I notice it's always the people who you don't

expect to be an artist and keep the 'good

shit' for themselves are always the weirdest/

most unique ones.

For the most part.. I hate "artists".

Something about going to schools where

tuition is more than most people's homes to

"learn" how to create "art" baffles me.

I've always been fascinated with people like

Jackson Pollock. Hate all you want, the man

wasn't very spectacular at basic art.. but it's

what he damned himself to. Destroyed himself

with. That, to me, is an artist.

I wish I could have been there to see people

tell him what he does "Isn't art". I've got a

feeling some rough words and a fifth upside

from clavicle to cerebellum might come into play.

I don't know what this has to do with what

you were saying.. but it's been on my mind.

I know too many kids in art school that

would catch a stern stomping from people

of the past for being style-obsessed ninnies.

The most fascinating art isn't made by

functional people. That'd be like a Sunday

walk through the park, I can see that anywhere.

Now, show me what a man who's caught a

glimpse of madness can produce and I'll

show you the differnce between people who

sleep at night and people who see the world

in shadows.

26SidedMelancholyGayness

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

The most fascinating art isn't made by

functional people. That'd be like a Sunday

walk through the park, I can see that anywhere.

Now, show me what a man who's caught a

glimpse of madness can produce and I'll

show you the differnce between people who

sleep at night and people who see the world

in shadows.

The most conflicted and, although i hate to say it, unstable person i ever met has also been the most emotionally honest which translated into some amazing self expression.

"keep the 'good

shit' for themselves are always the weirdest/

most unique ones."

26, i see where your coming from. i personally think artschool is a joke. i know a few people that go to artschool that think its a joke too. but, after college, the highpaying artworld is looking for kids who came from really good artschools. you need some degree is this and that and it sucks.

the most skilled artists know they dont need some artschool bullshit.

and yeah, the whole "what is normal" thing could come into the deal too. but, like i said it was a generalization, meaning of basic-everyday people.

left handed artist are about ten times weirder, from what i have seen, yet much more creative and interesting.

-ORIGINALLY POSTED BY:KIDO

i am left handed. they say that if you're left handed that the right side of your brain is the dominant side. so really i'm in my right mind. its everyone else thats ten times wierd.

just another thought:

kids that go to art school and learn art, are not artists. kids that find the creativity form within are the true artist. but really i dont see anything wrong with someone who has found an understanding of art and creativity, going to school to learn more proficiant techniques.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I love reading skewed perceptions about art school by people that haven't experienced it, or who experienced it and missed the point.

Rinse kinda got it though... people don't go to art school to learn how to make art, nobody gets in there without talent, ability, or desire to create. Art school simply gives you direction and guidance.

<span style='color:black'>My art skills are awesome. Every one knows i am off on my own little journey through space but Id say that 90% of the people I know dont even know that I draw or paint. When people catch me drawing they are like "I've known you for years and i didnt know you could do shit like that." It is strange. I wouldnt consider myself a fag, though. What's up with that?</span>

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks

26, i see where your coming from. i personally think artschool is a joke. i know a few people that go to artschool that think its a joke too. but, after college, the highpaying artworld is looking for kids who came from really good artschools. you need some degree is this and that and it sucks.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

I love reading skewed perceptions about art school by people that haven't experienced it, or who experienced it and missed the point.

Rinse kinda got it though... people don't go to art school to learn how to make art, nobody gets in there without talent, ability, or desire to create. Art school simply gives you direction and guidance.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to come off as condescending...

or as an asshole. I understand it's hard to make

a living with art without proof you're committed.

I can't fault anyone for the way things are.

:D

I just can't compute going to school to learn

techniques as how to make your art more

palletable... seems like writing music to a

Led Zepplin CD and expecting to come up

with something that's truely your own.

I'm not trying to hate on anyone.. just saying

how I see things. Not saying they're right.

i think art comes from pain and/or dealing with bullshit or something... i guess it also comes from an extreme positive feeling that comes from inspiration and whatnot...

allright scratch that, i think that artists are wierd because they deal with shit in life that everyone is supposed to "just deal with" or "get over" by doing art. or something like that. when most people just "be a man" or whatever and deal with shit, artists are the people that need something (their art) to have as an outlet. most people have some sort of outlet like that, but artists produce something that will allways be, publicly or not, critiqued by people, so i guess that says something. i dont know if that makes sense.

what is normal?

Whats weird?

The worlds view of normal, is that kid that is always on time, dresses nice, prefect attitude, perfect grades..perfect life..hot girlfriend,awsome car, huge house..nicest kid ever..oh wait there is no such thing, normal is in the movies..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:dazed:

i personally hate the word "artist", it seems so so self important to me, i mean, what makes someone more of an artist than the next guy? is it that you have been "taught art" at some fancy school? i remember reading somewhere about the worlds highest paid "fecal artist" he took a shit in a jar, and sold it for like $20 000 or something to an anonymous art collector, seriously. can you really call someone who can take a shit an artist? he probably went to art school and got his "qualified artist" status, then shat in jars and made tons of money. why cant i do that and make money? or some random homeless dude? what makes some other guys shit in a jar some poigniant statement?

...i am not sure how much sense i am making right now, i am having trouble saying what i want to say. whatever...

i knew a guy who was left handed, weird (in a quiet kind of way), bomb ass artist, and totally not a fag.............. he smoked madd bowls and tripped off acid on the reg. ya herd?

art fags = ppl who wanna be different

rather

real artists don't really try to be different, innate if u will.......

The best is the artists who aren’t really artists. The dudes who went to art school, college, etc; hang out with other artists, talk about art history, and hate on any and everything you can imagine – but can only paint bananas and apples coupled with bottles of wine and tablecloths.

I guarantee 50% of this board knows these people. ugh

most artist i know keep to themselves have a distorted view of life have a fueling fire of dislikes of the world i would have to admit i am or i was like that. nowadays i think i kinda crossed the gap in being non artisty, being what you people may conceive normal having a desk job 9 to 5 a decent girlfriend, goign to popular bars goign to sleep at normal hours not caring about politicians or dwelling to much on the darkside but as i crossed those channels i feel like im missing out on being in the dark side being antisocial being creative having the energy to put in it maybe that explains why i havent been posting many sketches of lately cuz i know i still have the passion to create stuff but i dont have the fuel to fire it.

just random ramblings