Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The "Your Day in Pies" Photothread (non artistic)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Pistol, Dec 30, 2007.

1. One Man Banned

One Man Banned Dirty Dozen Crew

2. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

Lol, I don't recal Ace, Gene and Paul being that buff.

OMB - regards the question about beer in ROK, it's a really big beer culture over there, I was pleasantly surprised. We get a goodly amount of US beer over here, and even more locally brewed American style beers, so it's not a new thing to me. I just bottled an American PAle Ale last night that had been cold crashing in my fermenting fridge whilst I was away. Craft beer was huge over there, which I was surprised to see. Not hard at all to find an interesting place to hang out at.

What was extra-sweet was a chance meeting. I had lunch with a bunch of jounalists as part of my trip and one of them happened to be "Korea's top journalist for beer" who was annoyed at how often she'd be sidetracked in having to cover less important issues such as North Korean nuclear tests and the daily dumbness of Trump. When I discussed craft beer and brewing with her she quietly got in touch with some boutique brewery outside of town who only sells cellar door for freshness and had them courier 12 man cans of their best kit to me at the hotel. That's the 12 cans you can see stacked up a few pages back. The beer was excellent. I'm not a big pilsner drinker but their was top notch - almost a pale masquerading as a pilsner. But their best was a NEIIPA. It wasn't overly soupy and the hops were perfectly balanced.

The way that journo got into beer was living in Ireland to learn English but ending up learning beer instead. It was a great meeting and an excellent way to top off a trip that was otherwise dealing with ugly shit like nukes, Trump, KJU, etc.

One Man Banned likes this.
  3. One Man Banned

I think some of the only Korean beer I've had is Hite, may have posted it a long time ago along with the joke that Hite must be Korean for shit. Cool I guess to see the American influence. The idea of the US having these regional IPAs is still new to me, back when there was just IPA, so again, interesting to see another culture want to pick that up and replicate it. I imagine what you had was excellent.

4. Hua Guofang

Yeah, it was pretty dang good. The US is easily the leader in craft beer styles and I guess IPAs are the most open to variety given the many different kinds of hops and malts these days. The US also having different climates and cultures from coast to coast probably generates very different styles, like the huge difference between west coast and northeast IPAs. I actually prefer an English IPA in winter as it has a danker type flavour to it. As othe countries begin to cultivate their own strands/breeds of hops I reckon you'll see more localised styles of beers - like from New Zealand, Canada, Australia and possibly even Africa given they exist in the right longitude for growing - as other areas respond to the shortage of hops in the world and less replication of US styles.

The Korean beer of Choice now is Cass, it's everywhere and THE standard for swilling. It's basically a miller/Bud or for Australian, Toohey's Dry, Carlton Cold, etc. It's shit but at least it's not offensive.

5. One Man Banned

6. theprotester

theprotester Moderator Crew

Aussie BK

Hungry Jacks to us

IMG-20180328-WA0014.jpeg

7. One Man Banned

8. One Man Banned

9. One Man Banned

10. Hua Guofang

11. One Man Banned

At an abandoned spot. Looks like I'll need a few more gigawatts to get back to the future.

IMG_1650.JPG

12. One Man Banned

13. One Man Banned

14. One Man Banned

15. One Man Banned