The YOUNG ONES!

Guest Canadiano

Guest Canadiano

don't ask me how I just remembered. Anyone else have memories of this show?

http://www.used-blues.com/images.d/website/young-ones-c64.jpg'>

http://epguides.com/YoungOnes/logo.jpg'>

who was your favourite character? they were all sick!

The Young Ones

Programme Summary

One of the programmes that brought 'alternative' comedy to British television screens, complete with rambling plots, 'comic asides' and 'musical interludes'. It concerns the daily life and 'adventures' of a group of students living in a sleazy house.

Rick (Rik Mayall) is a fanatical disciple of Cliff Richard, eager to protest his lack of virginity at every opportunity.

Vyvyan (Adrian Edmondson) is a total nutter, hell bent on bringing about maximum mayhem and destruction.

Neil (Nigel Planer) is a hippy type who does most of the cooking (mainly with lentils) and cleaning (what there is of it).

Mike (Christopher Ryan) is a smoothie, totally out of step with the rest of the no-hope loonies in the house.

Alexei Sayle appears as various members of the Balowski family and contributes a variety of short 'asides' during episodes.

^^ cut and pasted from www.phill.co.uk/comedy/young/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Canadiano

^^ bastard! I haven't watched one episode in about six years! You lucky fucking asshole!

i forgot what the other show was called, and I just vaguely remember it.

Guest Canadiano

yeah yeah! Phil - he chilled out after school with that purple tv dude that was really funny. He had those metal robot arms. Now they got that girl who acts and sounds like she's a baby. For real, she looks like she is 25 or something, but has the voice of a child...man, I'd fuck the shit out of her.

Anyway, it's all about the panty shots in Sailor Moon, and You Can't Do That On Television. Oh, and Video Arcade Top 10.

Guest Canadiano

Bottom - that was the one with that flat upstairs, right? yeah, that shit was really, really funny, but I have an inkling towards Young Ones. You guys think there is any way I could find out about where to purchase vids of these shows? I don't wanna have to write into TV Talkback in the local newspaper.

Originally posted by Canadiano

Bottom - that was the one with that flat upstairs, right? yeah, that shit was really, really funny, but I have an inkling towards Young Ones. You guys think there is any way I could find out about where to purchase vids of these shows? I don't wanna have to write into TV Talkback in the local newspaper.

I think you can rent like videos with maybe 5 episodes on each at Blockbusters or Rogers or places like that. I remember seeing them once....

That one chick's voice is so annoying but so friggin sexy at the same time.....

• 1 month later...

classic programme they used to show the repeats on UK Play a while back but that was before digital TV went down the shitter. i think the one where they go on university challenge is my favourite episode.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived