The worlds most stubborn man has died

Guest imported_Europe

Guest imported_Europe

Man Dies After Lying In Yard For Days Refusing Help

Wife Fed, Covered Husband With Tarp During Storms

POSTED: 12:22 am EST February 27, 2004

UPDATED: 5:57 pm EST February 27, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An 83-year-old man was found lying dead in his yard next to his wife after he fell, became stranded and ordered his wife not to get help for three days despite heavy rainstorms, according to authorities.

Sheriff's deputies said Glen Schibley, 83, was working in his yard at 5459 Brosche Road in Orlando Monday when he fell and was unable to get up.

When his wife, Harriet, 79, found Glen on the ground, he instructed her not to get help and that he would take care of his situation, Local 6 News reported.

The man's wife left him in the yard but continued to care for him for three days by covering him up in a tarp during rainstorms and bringing food and water.

Sheriff's deputies said that while caring for her husband, Harriet also fell and was unable to get help.

The couple's son-in-law went to the house to check on the elderly couple and found them in the yard. Glen Schibley had passed away and Harriet was found injured. She was transported to Florida Hospital East, where she is expected to recover.

"They wanted to be left alone and we left them alone and maybe we shouldn't have left them alone," neighbor Sherman Brunell said.

No foul play is suspected in this incident.

Check this link for the story and video

http://www.local6.com/news/2879222/detail.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by bute

i respect that guy. its not stupid or stubborn really. if you've lived your life and your at the stage when if you fall over you cant even get up whats the point of living. thats probably how he was thinking. just didnt want to be a useless burden on the rest of the world.

I kinda agree. I would probably pursue assisted suicide or something instead of baking in my front yard, but that is just me. How in the fuck are the neighbors not going to call an ambulance or something after he was out there for three days? Regardless of how they responded to my trying to help them, if and elderly person were unable to get up and had been lying in their yard for days, they would be getting helped up and to a hospital.

// yea //

he probably wanted to be left alone. I knew an old guy once who did not want to get resuscitated if he went unconscious with no heartbeat or breathing. On eof the nurses got him back and he yelled at the nurse the next day. That was his thing tho. If he was gonna die, he wanted to die by himself.

But no, the ambulance couldnt have done anything. Unless he was unconsciuos, to where they could have gotten his wife's consent to take him to the hospital or get medical attention. They cant just do shit without his consent.

how the fuck did his neighbors not call 911 what did they not notice to old people lying in the front yard for three days and what about people driving down the street how the fuck did no one notice 2 almost dead old people for three days? shit man what is everyone in florida blind.

well this guy probally wanted to die anyway just wonder what his family thinks about this.