the word benching is wak

ted bundy

when these fr8 guys say they are benching it really sounds gay .there is no bench. these guys {myself included} have never chilled at a real writers bench in a subway system. and its wak to call walking into a safe yard to look at what might as well be rolling legal walls benching. now dont get me wrong i love fr8s but their pretty damn easy to hit and just the word benching being thrown around i dont know its just sounding waker and waker.haha actually i only hear it from kids on this site so who cares.

ya i was benching today behind the paper mill in idaho at the writers bench then we went over near the dead tractors and benched over there until the bench broke now were gonna build a new bench outta pipes and stuff .

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think it is fine. if you think it should be changed try "standing or sitting" or watching or flicking or fuck yourself. just because you dont actually sit at a bench you dont have to rename it. take flying for example you are not ACTUALLY flying you are in a airplane that is so should you rename it to sitting in a aircraft traveling to your destination? mabe this doesnt make sense but my point is thats the word coming from history and it is fine regardless if it sounds stupid or gay to you. thats just the way the cookie crumbles....... hey mabe that should go into the quote thread;)

and the futhermore i just want to say the whole thread and shit is gay and so is your name and the comment about idaho and paper mills and pipes and shit was way out of context because noone talks like that and therfore the wor bench as you used it in you example was wrong and out of context so your entire post has abosolutely no basis what so ever. so fuck no not today thank you knidly...;)

some have benches, some have couches(so we can call it couchin' if you like)---- my spot has a log( so i guess i go loggin'??? naw that doesnt sound right)(maybe fallin treein'???) naw ill stick to benchin'...

:D

and im gonna have to agree with taper on this---- your name and your thread are both gay as 2 boys in a bath tub!!!!!:mexican:

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i actually agree with asolo

wholeheartedly

and have for a while, just never thought of starting a thread over it,

but i agree

i think it takes away from the nyc writers from the 70s and 80's era

and their efforts and experience

the exception is cleantrains, wherever they are

it falls in line with another gripe of mine.

when a writer passes, how everyone and their mother comes out and does huge prodos, or wholecar, in their name. never having ever met them or whatever. just seen their flicks online or in a mag. no disrespect for those who have passed, and some who may have never met them are actually moved by their death.

but most times, in both cases, i think it's a weak attemt for kids to try and grab on to the whole graffiti thing. a vain attempt to be a part of.

ok. im done.

well let the bitching begin...

i think people coming out of the fuckin woodwork when a writer passes is like the country pulling together when a pres. bites it even if the didn't vote or voted against. people just want to show their grief and partake in the mourning...human nature is good for that shit

i don't bench i flik...

i think ive never though about this because its a complete waste of time....look, i just wasted a few seconds thinking about it....thanks a lot assholes....

point being....its about as ridiculous as calling a midget "vertically challenged"....the concepts the same....im 3 feet taller than you....

actually to make a valid argument instead of being an asshole who thinks hes so smart he doesnt even have to explain himself....whats the difference between "benching" a subway car and "benching" a train....your sitting on your ass moving your head back and forth....i dont think benching is a term for gathering with other writers at a "writers bench", thats not benching, thats gathering at a writers bench. benching is an adjective for sitting on your ass and watching trains roll by...

you are such a kook son, no matter how chill the spot, the fact remains that painting on trains is illegal. So, any comparison to painting legal walls falls flat. A 'Writer's Bench' doesn't have to be in a subway station, it doesn't even need a bench. It's a just generic term for meeting place or a spot where you can see graff roll past. Leave it alone.

Stick to trying to impress your friends with the old:

Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

oh, and lay off the cough syrup, seriously man.

you are a god damn idiot...the fact that im even responding to your "wak" ass is beyond me but this is the second time you have caught my attention with a moronic statement.(ie scribble topic in the third rail)....ive been to the bench at 149 and i know what i was like in its day as well...do you think that kids wanted it to get heated...im sure most would have enjoyed if it was like "a paper mill in idaho" and not swarmed with cops...if "keeping it real" is painting and chilling in cop infested gang territories than im faking jacks bro! call me "wak" for not feeling getting busted..."rolling legal walls", you fucking asshole..lets see you do a pannel in philly, chicago or some spots in the bay area...its lke doing a street shot in some cases..so it sounds like your speaking from YOUR experiences with trains when you describe these "safe yards"mr city slicker(closet hick)..if i or most individuals say i was benching, its a term you dult and is not always literial..not all of us are so concerned with our "graffin" terms so make sure you keep up informed the next time you feel us "freight guys" are "faking the funk"...you asshole .... i fucking HATE fools like you..uneducated, ignorant little son

while i have wondered why it is still called benching (i call it trainspotting more often than not) who died and made you god? saying that fr8s are wack just cause youre too stupid to paint them? why dont you build yourself that bench you were talking about, and put one of those pipes sticking up so you can sit on it.

hmmm taking the eazy way out huh? well i think that arouses a whole nother point kiddo and it is not worth really going in depth about but i will scratch the surface on this "multi questioned topic" it seems to me you contradict yourself a few times which shows me that that is a lack of understanding on your part. if you felt so compelled to post an entire thread on a nonsense subject than you are an idiot. obvisouly you are because you did. if theese things bother you enough to put them on here man i thnk your are seriously fucked in the head. why let it piss you off? i dont get it . another thing is if the kids have nothing to bomb like say you live in a remote place in canada or even the usa you may not have a major city to bomb. if you dont then fr8s are your only alt. and if you say paint walls then you get shit for not getting up painting what few walls under bridges you have. although i do somewhat agree with you but speaking for all of the fr8 population dsay that only paint fr8s is a matter of choice on their part. i hate to be so honest but i dislike bombing and since someone by the name of mook pretty much ruined it it just rteinforces that i paint fr8s at least 5 times a week. i love fr8s and even if i could bomb all the time id still paint them all the time i just prefer to paint them. so in conclusion i deem you a selfish pissed off (and for no reason) toy so fuck you you bitch

thats my word.....

you think that paintingfreights is easy everywhere? please man....theres plenty of spots that are hard as shit to hit...then if you get lucky you have nice day time lay ups etc.....but saying they are easy as legal walls is a joke. you dont have to even begin to worry aobut parking at a legal wall :)

hehe yes...fuck parking....i hate walking to and from the spot wrecks my nerves..in alot of places freights are very very easy.some its a mission,but regardless,its not legal and if you got caught,peicing at some easy daytime layup,which can happen,you will be in alot more trouble probaly then if you did a hollow on the side of a building or painted a burner under a bridge..

thats true..

as far as the term benching....its a throw back term..that stuck and is now part of the culture and a writers vocab...

thats how cultures work...it seems write to me.

have a nice day

Originally posted by boogie hands

i think ive never though about this because its a complete waste of time....look, i just wasted a few seconds thinking about it....thanks a lot assholes....

point being....its about as ridiculous as calling a midget "vertically challenged"....the concepts the same....im 3 feet taller than you....

actually to make a valid argument instead of being an asshole who thinks hes so smart he doesnt even have to explain himself....whats the difference between "benching" a subway car and "benching" a train....your sitting on your ass moving your head back and forth....i dont think benching is a term for gathering with other writers at a "writers bench", thats not benching, thats gathering at a writers bench. benching is an adjective for sitting on your ass and watching trains roll by...

that says it all

while some may feel that it takes away from the experience of late 70's early 80's sub cars, why should the term for watching trains (be they fr8s or clean trains) be changed? its still basically the same thing. if i could paint clean trains, believe me, i would be. i would LOVE to paint sub cars on a regular basis, but it just ISNT happening. so fuck it, i paint fr8s, theyre trains too. and what gets me amped is catching short lines or rare cars from canada or the west coast at our spots out here. or catching a burner IN PERSON from an area i might never get to go to.

would you rather see a famous piece in person, or in a magazine?

its a completely different experience to catch pieces in person, fr8s, walls, clean trains, whatever...with fr8s, they are more likely to come to you if you know where to wait.

while i havent been painting fr8s but for maybe 4 years, heavily the last 2 years, this is a big movement in graff right now, and its a good time to be out there.

benching is here to stay! lemme get a gatorade and some cool ranch doritos and ill be chilling out in the countryside.

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by IHATEU

you are a god damn idiot...the fact that im even responding to your "wak" ass is beyond me but this is the second time you have caught my attention with a moronic statement.(ie scribble topic in the third rail)....ive been to the bench at 149 and i know what i was like in its day as well...do you think that kids wanted it to get heated...im sure most would have enjoyed if it was like "a paper mill in idaho" and not swarmed with cops...if "keeping it real" is painting and chilling in cop infested gang territories than im faking jacks bro! call me "wak" for not feeling getting busted..."rolling legal walls", you fucking asshole..lets see you do a pannel in philly, chicago or some spots in the bay area...its lke doing a street shot in some cases..so it sounds like your speaking from YOUR experiences with trains when you describe these "safe yards"mr city slicker(closet hick)..if i or most individuals say i was benching, its a term you dult and is not always literial..not all of us are so concerned with our "graffin" terms so make sure you keep up informed the next time you feel us "freight guys" are "faking the funk"...you asshole .... i fucking HATE fools like you..uneducated, ignorant little son

Archived