The Wonderful Art of Freeloading

Guest 455

Here in this 12oz kingdumb there has got to be a shitload of indivisuals that at one time or another has had a "hook-up" somewhere sometime...I'm talking about getting shit for free but not actually "stealing" it....using the tool of being able to kick the "gift of gab" or knowing how to talk to people to obtain things you want at the moment but not having to pay for it....I would like to hear some examples of a few of you.......

1."The Bars".....How many of you have grown up with some of bartenders at your local drinking hole and hardly ever pay for anything when you go there(even on a nightly basis)......yet when the going starts to get tough you hook them up with some extra ends for a few days and then continue to get your shit for free?.....not beer,I'm talking some of the most expensive drinks you can get....while some sucker just paid for all of his/her stuff and you are sitting there giving dude like a few bucks for a tip because you're broke....and get more than half of what the patrons shelling out money for theirs'......haha.

2."The Music Store" ....the guy or girl that happens to know you and knows you never have any money.....so they take cd's or records off of the shelf and "dub" you mixed tapes full of shit you want but can't afford or wouldn't buy anyway.....without having to "steal" it from the store.....only to have the stuff re-sealed and sold to the public.....and you didn't pay a dime for any of it.....lovely.

3.Grease Monkeys(Car Parts and Restoration)......I know a guy that is super good at upolstoring(sorry I'm drunk)....and if you know him,he'll re-do your your seats for 2 fifths' of vodka.......not too many people around here know about that.....or going to a junkyard and basically getting hard to find parts for nothing because you happen to be friends with the guy who runs the place....you see him at the bar....hook him up with a few beers and bullshit for awhile and WHAM!....there you go....

4."The Corner Store".....you've been in this place a thousand times....for smokes,gas,chips.....whatever....they seem to know you well enough and like it when you talk to them because business has sucked that night.....you are short on funds and you need gas for the ride and ask one time if you can "borrow" till the next day some gas or a pack of squares....and they tell you not to worry about it......and then the next time you go there they start hooking you up all of the time....and every once in awhile you hook 'em with a weed connect or some money for their pocket....and then tell "thanks".

5."Supplies for Destruction"....most of the older heads on this board that have put in some work probably have kids who are like "OH my God,you are so and so" when they finally get a chance to meet you for the first time.......haha......from there you take it lightly and ask for some cans....keep in mind that lots of kids "rack" and get shit for free.....so you kick it with them and what not....and tell 'em you'll hook them up with some shit in return for paint or streaks...whatever.....and if they are cool with it....BINGO!....you now have 1 or 2 sources of aquiring goods without ever having to set foot in a store.....simply drive them there,have them do the dirty work....and you still get your shit......this is a great idea.....try it some time.

6."The Retail Store".....I'm sure everyone has some friend who works at a retail store....and they don't give a shit about the place they work(fast food,department store,skateshop,Foot Locker outlet.....whatever).....and love to hook people up and don't care.....you walk into a spot and the guy or girl behind the counter hands you one of the stores' bags and says"I didn't see anything".....right then,that's your key......then you hook 'em with something they wanted and the cycle continues.....haha,that's great.....

I hope that some of you 12oz peeps can relate to this somehow....I want to hear about your "hook-ups" in the past....and no,they weren't with my mother....hahahahaha......post away.

The NightOwls will kill you.......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hahhaah

yes, the hook ups

restraunts is on always...fuck paying full price, less i like the joint.

comp my shit bitch, it was foul...except nicer works.

know tons of bartenders to.

tuck it.

i went back to my home town right quick, i was up to my ears in free anchorsteam and avocado sandwiches.

watch out. the NightOwls will kill you.

^^^^^haha.Yes!.....I got completely wasted at like 4 bars for the amazing price of 2 dollars.......because I tipped my friend workind behind the bar.....the other three I didn't pay shit....then got 5 bucks worth the gas and a pack of American Spirits' for nothing.....chick behind the counter told me to bring her a tall can around 2:30 tomorrow(the next day) morning.....ahhh,yes.....take advantage of the situation...

hook ups are always tight. ive had mad hookups at cafe's and pizza places. my friends just make up some shit when theyre not too busy and i kick em some herb or just burn em out. usually its for nothing though. dont have any in australia yet. a dude at a coffee stand i know has hit me off with some sacks so if i get cool enough with him it might be free coffee. week shit though. i used to have hookups in a lodge up in ashland where i could always get free lunch. that was tight cus i was always super broke when i went snowboarding. id hitchhike there and back and get free food from teh lodge so i just needed to pay for my lift tickets. this last year two of my best friends were workin up there. one ran the lodge and one worked lifts. i wish i lived there this winter but whatever. travellin was cool. hey 455, did i e mail you back already. i thought i did. maybe i just replied to another thread, anyway, thats tight you got that album. how do you wanna work it out to exchange shit? just e mail me and tell me whatsup. good lookin out....

glass, do you live in concord?

Originally posted by 455

5."Supplies for Destruction"....most of the older heads on this board that have put in some work probably have kids who are like "OH my God,you are so and so" when they finally get a chance to meet you for the first time.......haha......from there you take it lightly and ask for some cans....keep in mind that lots of kids "rack" and get shit for free.....so you kick it with them and what not....and tell 'em you'll hook them up with some shit in return for paint or streaks...whatever.....and if they are cool with it....BINGO!....you now have 1 or 2 sources of aquiring goods without ever having to set foot in a store.....simply drive them there,have them do the dirty work....and you still get your shit......this is a great idea.....try it some time.

haha. dude that is so true about jockers. back in junior high I had a few kids on the sack. they would get cans and give them to me. then i hit their name up on streak around the school or park so they can feel good. I also had some kid get weed for me. At first he didn't have a connect so he would have me get shit through my connect. They after the customary "pinch". I would be like "so we gonna blaze or what?"I would bogart that shit. Then I would make him trip out so he wouldn't realize he wasn't really that buzzed. Then he would kick down a little more to take home for the trouble. Too bad that little fag ratted me out to the cops then moved to Texas. I would have enjoyed to "smoke him out" one day.

:mad:

The best hook up I have had was a friend that worked at Zupan's. This is one of those yuppie expensive grocery stores that charge three times as much for the same food you can get at Safeway or whatever. They did have a completely grubbing meat/produce/deli section though and my friend started in the deli then worked up to being a butcher in training type thing. We would go in and get fat t-bones, prime rib, salmon, you name it we got it. No matter what meat we got or how expensive it was (some of this shit was close to $20 a pound) our wrapped package said ground beef. We'd walk out with $60 pounds of beef for like $5. That was definately one of the best.

455, you remember saying i put in work? ive been on this motherfucker since then pretty much. i dont know why but for some reason tonight i cant seem to get off. people keep replying to shit and i feel the need to reply back. im tired as fuck but im glued to this fuckin forum. im getting off soon anyway. damn. youve already gotten a nights sleep then? haha thats fucked up...

I have a nice hook up at a couple bars. One of them....I know the owner. Everytime I show up he's like....dude....lets do a shot. its amazing I can walk outta that place.

I have a sweet hook up at a couple bike shops as well. I feel for some of the Freds going in and paying to have their shit worked on.

My best hook up is with a local brewery. Last winter I had 13 cases of beer sitting in my basement. All free.

in cincy I have a beer/shows/smokes hookup...but I hate that town.

other than that I get mounds apon mounds of free fast food, my buddy is going to start working as a mechanic and he said he will hook meup for the cost of parts, the rest of it I more or less just hook myself up if ya know what I mean.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

All I got are boat party hookups, which come with cuban cigars and all the beer you care to consume, plus women in bikinis.

And then I got the toilet paper hookup from the cleaning ladies at my former school. Beer,

El Mamerro

i have never recieved this so called "hook up"..... when i worked at the mall i gave away so much shit. its just hard for me to say no to people. im cool if yah wanted a couple pairs of tennis shoes ..maybe even throw in some shirts but when ppl kept coming back - esp. when these are people i barely know who also bring friends that pisses me off ... and its funny how i had so many new friends when i started working.well a guy did buy me dinner for hooking him up. thats about it. pshh to think of it. about 85 % of the people that got free shit from me i dont even talk to rite now. bastards. oh well i guess when it comes to free- people get a lil greedy. wow..that is alot of bitching. but i didnt get caught, people got free shoes n shit. and i got free shit too . i'd put some stuff for me in their bags. damn.. i need to work in retail again. anyway i guess i freeload on my parents..have no job now..but its summer and im jsut one lazy bitch lately. asodijfalsfjlke%%

Originally posted by 455

3.Grease Monkeys.....or going to a junkyard and basically getting hard to find parts for nothing because you happen to be friends with the guy who runs the place....

werd to your moms 455! i get everything for my ride at cost or free

when people see what their part can be on or what they will contribute to

they get very giving and generous, nothing but love to all of them

Originally posted by Grandola

olive garden always hooks me up with free salad and breadsticks and i don't even know anyone that works there!

hahaha. youve got some funny ass posts grandola. your signature is one of the best on the boards for sure too. good lookin out.

Guest Dr. Doom

Or how about having a kid that works at a liquidation store that no one even knows exists in the boondocks hook you up with $0.29 cans of Rusto! All day every day! Oh boy...........life is hard!

hell yeah,it's good to know there are other people out there taking full advantage of the system of things......keep posting.....right on...

• 3 months later...

yes,yes....ya'll.......tonight was another one of those nights.......man,it's great not having to pay for shit when you couldn't afford it anyway.....haha........

Archived