Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The way Swedish people drink...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Feb 20, 2002.

1. To go from sweden to Denmark you'll have to take a 45min trip on a ferry. Swedish do that trip very often, not just because they like to visit the neighbour country but mostly because alcohol is way cheaper there.
    So they do the trip in the weekend and buy the weeks booze.
    I was on that boat at 11 in the morning, sitting next to me there where two guys at their mid 40's, each one had a six pack of shots (whiskey type as i suspected) and a large glass of beer.
    They didnt spoke at all, in those 45 minutes they consumed the alcohol in an order of [shot-pause-two ships of beer-pause-shot etc etc].
    And they got off the ferry.
    The last ferry back was at 7 pm or something like that, not a single person could stand using just their feet, leave apart that they had to carry the weekly booze.
    Saturday night/ stockholm, kids dressed in suits, riding bikes (the drinking/driving law its kinda harsh) unable to allign with the street.
    This aint no antisweedish thread either straight edge but i simply dont understand why people like to drink that way, i like drinking large ammounts slowly, talking and eating in between, drinking some more and if i have the luck to get completely fucked up without feeling that a train just went over me, i concider it goodtimes.
    Thats all.

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

drinking in public !

3. 23578

23578 Elite Member

They musta been drunk in the hockey game tonight, that explains losing to Belarus. Anyway, I say Prost. Sweden is cool.

4. kookone

kookone New Jack

http://freephoto-i.net/users/kookone/good.jpg'>

Tesseract, I'm with you, I like to take as slow as possible!

5. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

thats nothing man.. i went to india .. and in certian parts of the country you can only get alcohol in bars.. so i used to go in with my dad for some "take out"

walk in .. some shitty tables .. real dark room. one indian on one table with one bottle and one glass.. no talking what so ever.. the only noise was people placing bottles and cups on the table ..that was it

6. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

VEGAS

ONLY THING I WOULD EVER LIKE ABOUT VEGAS IS DRINKING IN PUBLIC...24/7

7. Its not only that booze is way more exspensive in Sweden than Denmark, they also have much stricter laws about it. They have state runs depos where you have to be over 21 to buy limited amounts. Talk about limiting personal freedom...
    So swedes have over the years run up a reputation of drinking their brains out in Denmark. They drink so much when they are here, and alot of cheap nasty stuff that no locals want to touch.

By the way, saw a Simpsons episode last night (the one with Britney Spears)...

Homer: Give 4 kegs of your finest imported beer, Moe
    Moe: How about Tuborg, its the beer the danish kings drink.
    Homer: mmmm... Danish!

I cried for several minutues....

Denmark and especially Copenhagen is great! Get your drink on!

8. Step8

Step8 Senior Member

i'm not a big fan of tuborg

9. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

I hate stepping over vomit on sunday in town. and the entire city smells like piss. How come I can get arrested for a measly tag, which is merely unsightly, when the whole male population of dublin pisses openly on the streets whcich is not only gross but can also spread disease.......

10. Jewish Task Force

Jewish Task Force Senior Member

Please tell me you have that on tape.

11. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

12. bl4ckh4m

bl4ckh4m Member

13. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Me and my buddy are seriously planning on moving to Scandinavia. Which country would you reccomend? I wanna go to Sweden, he wants to go to Norway, can someone from there help us decide??

14. Jewish Task Force

Jewish Task Force Senior Member

Move to a place on the border.

15. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

that sounds like quite a 'battle' , so the obvious choice is switzerland ...